onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

The longer we go without hearing anything the more I think Telford might be on his way to us.

We clearly want everything on complete lockdown, as evidenced by the Benning tweet which was removed & the Hurst move to York today, which North Yorkshire BBC had to remove.

I was surprised no club announced Telford last Friday afternoon/eve when he announced he was leaving Newport in the morning. Announcements around new clubs normally happen the same day with those kinds of things.

I think we've probably got 4 or 5 pieces of business signed & ready to announce, but we're holding fire for whatever reason. I'll be amazed (again) if there's nothing in the next couple of days.

The longer we go without hearing anything the more I think Telford might be on his way to us.
We clearly want everything on complete lockdown, as evidenced by the Benning tweet which was removed & the Hurst move to York today, which North Yorkshire BBC had to remove.
I was surprised no club announced Telford last Friday afternoon/eve when he announced he was leaving Newport in the morning. Announcements around new clubs normally happen the same day with those kinds of things.
I think we've probably got 4 or 5 pieces of business signed & ready to announce, but we're holding fire for whatever reason. I'll be amazed (again) if there's nothing in the next couple of days.
Yeah. I agree.

It's not like the old days when Popey used to tell people who was signing in the sneyd arms. The club rightly wants to make the announcements properly and through the appropriate channels, like a proper business. I would say that many bits of business have already been concluded and will be launched professionally by the media and PR team in order to maximise marketing opportunities.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

4 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Yeah. I agree.

It's not like the old days when Popey used to tell people who was signing in the sneyd arms. The club rightly wants to make the announcements properly and through the appropriate channels, like a proper business. I would say that many bits of business have already been concluded and will be launched professionally by the media and PR team in order to maximise marketing opportunities.

Likely to coincide with an End of June boost for ST sales?

37 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Likely to coincide with an End of June boost for ST sales?

Surely it makes more sense to go earlier with anouncements so people have more time to plan their season ticket monies before the deadline?

Also genuinely curious how others view it but have we had any signings before that caused loads of people to buy a st? Only time i remember anything being remotedly different was that V2001 target 5,000 season.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Eoghan has gone to Carlton. Rochdale fans glowing in their praise and the stats say he was the best performing defender in league 2 last year.

But don’t worry, someone on here saw him play and says he’s rubbish 😂

I don’t think anyone said he was rubbish?  

Would he improve our 1st choice 11 is a different debate.

Good luck to him apart from when he plays us.

31 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Surely it makes more sense to go earlier with anouncements so people have more time to plan their season ticket monies before the deadline?

Also genuinely curious how others view it but have we had any signings before that caused loads of people to buy a st? Only time i remember anything being remotedly different was that V2001 target 5,000 season.

I would be thinking Wed/Thur with extended hours Sat and Sun

2 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Not sure about this being the norm.  Whilst you do get a glut of signings once players contracts expire, and Telford may still be under contract at present, quite often players and their agents, take some considerable time to weigh up their various options, or perhaps play one club against another.  You can get some decent players who are still unsigned after preseason and into the season proper.  Also, many times players appear at a club for preseason training with a view to both parties taking a look at one another.  So that’s another possibility.

The thing about the Telford rumour is that, as far as I can see, it seems based on nothing more than the guy supposedly being spotted at Wembley.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

Yeah. I agree.

I like that people are starting to use the word "Professional" about this club! 

Today's the day I think. 
I saw Carol in the works buying a big pack of pens...
Just like when Mckirdy signed, and everywhere had sold out of crayons.
Let's hope it's not a complete unknown or Currys will have a run on keyboards

Seeing as this is a ' rumours ' thread.

I've been 'told' by someone with a bit of coin who has a box up Vale that we had 4 or 5 potential signings shown around last week. One wanted 6 grand a week and was politely shown the door. 

Whether this hearsay has an ounce of truth is another matter but i,m in no doubt deals are done , it's just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the T's . 

Archived