onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, Walka003 said:

Fleetwood have signed Sarpong-Wireadu from Colu. Great player think he'll do well for them 

Mentioned him in March. Modern footballer , Athletic up and down the pitch. 

Good player but we've got super Ben instead. 

18 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

The longer we go without hearing anything the more I think Telford might be on his way to us.

We clearly want everything on complete lockdown, as evidenced by the Benning tweet which was removed & the Hurst move to York today, which North Yorkshire BBC had to remove.

I was surprised no club announced Telford last Friday afternoon/eve when he announced he was leaving Newport in the morning. Announcements around new clubs normally happen the same day with those kinds of things.

I think we've probably got 4 or 5 pieces of business signed & ready to announce, but we're holding fire for whatever reason. I'll be amazed (again) if there's nothing in the next couple of days.

I do understand why but i think people are getting a bit obsessed with Telford albeit through a rumour that's been about for a few months BUT I will be amazed if he turns up signing for us

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Seeing as this is a ' rumours ' thread.

I've been 'told' by someone with a bit of coin who has a box up Vale that we had 4 or 5 potential signings shown around last week. One wanted 6 grand a week and was politely shown the door. 

Whether this hearsay has an ounce of truth is another matter but i,m in no doubt deals are done , it's just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the T's . 

I would say that wont be far off and anyone asking above 4k will be shown the door imo,this club certainly wont rock the boat and i for one am glad about that

Going back to Telford do people perhaps think he hasn't been announced anywhere yet,not because he is signing here but weighing up his options,do we think the league 2 top scorer will come here for say a max 3k or go to a better paying club who will pay 5 or 6k like Mullin did last season? 

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I do understand why but i think people are getting a bit obsessed with Telford albeit through a rumour that's been about for a few months BUT I will be amazed if he turns up signing for us

I might be alone in this too, but i always feel like signing a top scorer with no real history is dangerous way of throwing money away. Some players fit a certain club, Telford didnt fit at Bury, Brizzle or Plymouth. He's still  young so i'm hoping last year is a springboard rather than a one off (unless he signs elsewhere, then i don't care :)) 

I'm on the fence re Telford. Not going to be jumping through hoops and screaming if we sign him. Likewise won't be miffed if we don't. 

That's unusual I guess as he was top scorer in the division but I'm definitely 50/50 on him . How we operate as a club now is there improvement still and a profit to be made on him ? Time will tell 

I would say that wont be far off and anyone asking above 4k will be shown the door imo,this club certainly wont rock the boat and i for one am glad about that
Going back to Telford do people perhaps think he hasn't been announced anywhere yet,not because he is signing here but weighing up his options,do we think the league 2 top scorer will come here for say a max 3k or go to a better paying club who will pay 5 or 6k like Mullin did last season? 
I guess it's all down to the player. Some will be happy to sit on a bench all day long and collect 5k for the privilege. Others will settle for a bit less money in order to be top dog and potentially push themselves higher up the pyramid. I can't really blame them for either option as it's a short career. I'm certain that Telford will have had a number of suitors, some of whom will offer more than us. I once had a job that paid me less than what I could have earned but I went with it because it suited my life better.

Telford might, for example, have been approached by Plymouth, which might be miles away from his family and friends, so the extra money might not be as much of an incentive. Conversely, Vale might have suggested he would be top dog and would get goal bonuses, appearance bonuses etc. that could take his earnings beyond the basic he is offered elsewhere. Like any job, personal circumstances come into it.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Someone mentioned Ash Hunter on here playing golf with Wilson put that on FB and he will be signing a 5yr deal at Vale later 🙂 

seriously though talking of him i actually think he is a very good player and another one yet to find a club.

These players asking for silly money also play a dangerous game if they dont get snapped up,their demands will drop as weeks pass but then we wont touch them,i remember being told a player last summer Vale wanted asked silly money and a few weeks later his agent was back in touch saying his client would accept what Vale wanted to pay but was told that ship had sailed.... and i hope we would do the same again

Re Telford… if the top 6 clubs in this league or Wrexham are not prepared to pay top dollar for him then there is absolutely no reason why we are not as attractive, if not more than the other teams we are competing with.

I will be chuffed to bits if we get him. He’s the right age for a club with a plan but must stay within our structure or move on to next target.

No player should threaten the squad harmony with wages.

Archived