Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

I see the senile has only just caught up with the Joyce rumour signing for Oldham.

The way senile is reporting stuff connected with the Vale, we would have signed a couple of players and some of the released players would have signed and played a couple of games before they announce it.

Wonder if there will be any announcements tomorrow of players signing and buying into the Vale dream?

• Like 2

Isn't every player a risk? A lot better ratio than every striker we've let go so a definite upgrade on paper

A risk. He scored one every 2.5 games last season (based on his minutes) but obviously his minutes were limited.
Last chance saloon for the lad.

Just now, philmpv said:

Isn't every player a risk? A lot better ratio than every striker we've let go so a definite upgrade on paper

Agree, some players seem to come to Vale Park and just pick up injuries which affects their stats and makes them look a rubbish transfer.  Then they leave the club and go on a good run again.  

Hopefully DC and Flickers will know the players they want, their medical will show any underlying problems and this wont happen anymore.

51 minutes ago, maccapvfc said:

caveat***this is not a rumour and purely just for debate on the type of signing I'd like to see:

Darnell Johnson 22 year old primarily CB but can play RB, released from Leicester. He had two spells in league one last year with two struggling sides (Wigan and then Wimbledon). From reading his interviews, his attitude appears right - he wanted to learn and develop at EFL clubs - he wasn't content with just sitting in a big club reserves. He has made 22 appears in league one, so whilst minimal in terms of experience, it mitigates some of the risk of signing a fresh faced player from premier academies. 

Could it be that we're in for this Johnson, rather than Ryan Johnson of Hartlepool. 

Onto the link - as I say, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we're in for him but he is the God son of Emile Heskey - Heskey praised Carol and the Club, so he could put in a good word 🙂 

Wasn't Darnell Johnson the lad who made that awful sliced back pass leading to a Vale goal in the Tin Pot cup game at Wigan??

Advert:

52 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

yep he ll be signing same as was said a few pages back. 

You could be spot on. I hope you are. I just wanted to say the picture of the Jaguar you posted Friday night outside the gardners up brown lees isn’t James Wilson’s. I know the bloke that owns that vehicle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

<ovf censored> me DC must really rate his health protocols and fitness staff with these signings and rumours. I’m sure he’s done the thorough checks but it’s nervous nelly times.

27 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I see the senile has only just caught up with the Joyce rumour signing for Oldham.

The way senile is reporting stuff connected with the Vale, we would have signed a couple of players and some of the released players would have signed and played a couple of games before they announce it.

Wonder if there will be any announcements tomorrow of players signing and buying into the Vale dream?

Those Oldham moaners will welcome Joyce I’m sure.

James Wilson could be a decent signing, if we can get fit he certainly has the ability to score plenty at this level and maybe a return close to home would boost him further. If a done deal i'd be relatively pleased with the signing.

• Like 1

Advert:

7 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

if we can get fit

That's the key and it's really nothing any of us here can know the answer to.

We have to hope as previously said on this thread that the medical team are doing their jobs.

I know it's only rumours but I can't get my head around the Hannant one.

He grew up in Cambridgeshire and he's been offered a new contract to play for Cambridge in League One. 

Why would he want to move away from the area and drop down a division?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, robf said:

I know it's only rumours but I can't get my head around the Hannant one.

He grew up in Cambridgeshire and he's been offered a new contract to play for Cambridge in League One. 

Why would he want to move away from the area and drop down a division?

They reckon he has only been offered a year so possibly if we go in with two.

Bit out the blue so no idea if any truth, would it be a bad signing? Won a promotion and played a part, worth a go in no such an ultra defensive Aspin system maybe? Just where do you put him? Maybe works as a full back.

Advert:

17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Some Cambridge fans are suggesting rumours that Luke Hannant may be returning according to their fans on a league two forum...

Interesting one that.

I’d be happy with that. Shouldn’t have been released the first time around 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wrex said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhys_Oates

And some goalkeeper from King's Lynn.

Not really rumours though. More suggestions. Those running "the matrix" are keeping leaks at a minimum.

Having watched Hartlepool’s first half yesterday, Oates was the stand out with two smart goals. He’s a good example of a player who finally clicks after a long mediocre run but might be too much of a risk for us. Hartlepool played very well as they swept forward and it was their midfield and fullbacks who took the eye rather than the centre-back (Johnson) we’re rumoured to be interested in, particularly their left back Ferguson who would be one to consider. Bromley came back in the second half but it was not enough. Overall, an impressive display and Torquay will have their work cut out in the semi’s.

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings