Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:
1 hour ago, MBE said:
To be fair to JA you have to have the quality in the youth setup to be interested....we didn't during his tenure.

He got rid of the reserve team. This directly contributed to our lack of fitness amongst squad players and the stunting of youth players progress.

I am hoping this is something that DC looks into(getting a reserve team set up at Vale) it's what we have always had to help bring players on(youth wise) help injured players with fitness and also to have a look at trialists. Since it was scrapped our injury issues have increased massively.

• Like 4

..............................................................................Ward..........................................................

Gibbons/Clark.........................Smith/Kelleher/Sweeney/Legge..................Johnson/Jones

Amoo/Worrall............................Garrity/Walker/Conlon/Taylor.....................................Hurst

.......................................................Rodney/Gordon/Wilson....................................................

1 minute ago, Burslem Academicals said:

..............................................................................Ward..........................................................

Gibbons/Clark.........................Smith/Kelleher/Sweeney/Legge..................Johnson/Jones

Amoo/Worrall............................Garrity/Walker/Conlon/Taylor.....................................Hurst

.......................................................Rodney/Gordon/Wilson....................................................

Oh how i have missed this BA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Some intereting names amongst the rumours and going for the profile of players in their mid twenties.....

Johnson CB/LB

Jones CB/LB

Kelleher CB

Sweeney CB

Wilson FW

Gordon FW

Also wonder if there is a chance of  Mitch Clark back on a season long loan.

I'd be amazed if Clark is on the radar .  Fits all the boxes mind you,  again allegations on here that he was a bad egg. 

Unless he's permanent I don't see him keep coming back here . 

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'd be amazed if Clark is on the radar .  Fits all the boxes mind you,  again allegations on here that he was a bad egg. 

Unless he's permanent I don't see him keep coming back here . 

Not sure he was a bad egg in the dressing room,he just got himself in a bit of bother and so had to go back

Personally i think he is a very saleable asset but he could also end up like that young Leeds LB we had on loan who was highly rated by them but i think he is now in national league(his name escapes me)

That bit isn't true. Carol brought in Sinclair because she felt Askey was having to run everything from the youth setup to the accadamy. He was much less involved last season but it wasn't his choice. If you believe it is an issue it's still an issue under the new structure. Personally I don't see it is an issue. Last season Askey, now DC are responsible for the first team.

It is true Askey would not engage with senior youth coaches prior to Sinclair , unless they are lying, along with others directly involved in the youth setup
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MiketheValiant said:

Tyler Denton? Yes I liked the look of him and was disappointed when his loan was cut short for "family reasons". Strange how some players just seem to fizzle out isn't it? We've had a few here over the years.

Leeds 3 year contract 2017

Vale loan 

Peterborough loan 

Stevenage permanent

Kings Lynn permanent 

All in the space of 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Leeds 3 year contract 2017

Vale loan 

Peterborough loan 

Stevenage permanent

Kings Lynn permanent 

All in the space of 4 years. 

I think these are some of the reasons DC wants only loan players that he thinks vale have a chance of getting permanently after or during the loan period

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Based on the first two at last cards are close to the chest. 

Neither signing was rumoured although the Blackpool journo seemed to know. 

We might see a few more unexpected ones .

I don't see Stuart Sinclair fitting our M.O at all though. 

Still need a few old heads to provide guidance and experience. It might not be Sinclair but I'd be surprised if one or two veterans aren't signed.

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d also argue that the likes of smith are now very experienced players 

Absolutely. Smith has > 300 career appearances and Conlon is closing on 200. 

I think the big problem we had with the reserves was that we had well over 30 senior pros in the few years prior to last.

When we turned up to reserve games the opposition mainly consisted of youth players with a few senior pros and our reserve team weren't really tested. They could win games strolling around the pitch. Whilst our 1st team were performing horrifically our reserve team of our 2nd string were winning almost every week, and no youth were getting a look in.

With a smaller squad the reserves should mainly consist of youth players with a few senior pros. The senior pros short of game time or returning from injury get more or a workout as the team isn't head and shoulders above the oppositionand more is expected of them as one of a few experienced players. Meanwhile the youth players are testing themselves against a higher level of opposition assisting their development.

In my opinion it was a big mistake getting rid of the reserve team and I hope it returns.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, robf said:

Absolutely. Smith has > 300 career appearances and Conlon is closing on 200. 

There is a need to find players to fit round this core. So ideally Smith needs to play with a bigger partner and Conlon needs midfielders who play - out wide, holding, box to box. As always we have to hope who the side is built around doesn't get clogged and disappear for the months.

Not a rumour, but a goalkeeper by the name of Theo Richardson is leaving Kings Lynn.

He's not yet announced where he is going next but seems to be very well thought of.

Young & promising goalkeeper, particularly good with his feet. He came through at Man Utd. Someone like him would make a great number 2 & I would think he fits the kind of profile we might be looking at; young for a goalkeeper with the potential to improve & step up when needed.

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings