• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

44 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Welcome to the lad I am not one for getting excited over signings .

I do not know much about him apart from he is from biddulph was at united and obviously it's gone downhill since for the lad however signing for a club like Vale well that could kick start his career as we have potential and a big enough ground for his and his team mates to exceed there own ambitions and get Vale up 2 leagues minimum  

Better to be a legend at a small club than a nothing at a big club and just sit on a bench I mean there academies with 23 year olds in who will never see league action ,there career will be ten years maximum get on that Vale park pitch and gain your own respect with what you do and you will be adored ,go on that pitch and produce nothing then expect a backlash of the fans they work hard in there nothing jobs support you in your something job .

UTV 

He’s a stoke fan. You won’t like him. 

• Haha 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

he is a lard head on hire too the supreme beings then!-give him a chance.😁😄:drink:

• Like 2

I’ll see what he does for us but I’m not overly impressed with that signing. Don’t really rate him, will be on a fair wedge and very injury prone. Good luck James hope you can fire us up. Guess i will get slated for this but oh well. Will judge you on what you do for us 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 1

Advert:

I would see him as a replacement for Cullen more than Pope. Can't see his wages being that high given the career path he's taken since leaving Man Utd but we shall see.

If he stays fit he's potentially a golden boot winner. If he doesn't he's another Cullen.

Welcome James. You join the Vale at what many Valiants believe to be a truly exciting, progressive time in our history. New owners, new management and new ideas have given hope and a sense of at long last an upturn for our great Club.

Fans will back you to the hilt if you give your all and are able to score the goals we require to gain promotion.

The "core" of our Team are already here and we are now succeding in bringing in decent additions, to make our squad a worthy one.

Feel good factor is definitely increasing and DC's Black and White Army are willing and able to support the Club to better times ahead.  

• Like 2

I’ll see what he does for us but I’m not overly impressed with that signing. Don’t really rate him, will be on a fair wedge and very injury prone. Good luck James hope you can fire us up. Guess i will get slated for this but oh well. Will judge you on what you do for us 
Nobody short of Messi would impress you V593. Even then you'd moan he was too old and wasn't a 'proven L2 player'

Just who WOULD you be 'impressed' by?

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Nobody short of Messi would impress you V593. Even then you'd moan he was too old and wasn't a 'proven L2 player' emoji38.png

Good question

Advert:

Happy with the James Wilson signing could go either way, if he is fully over his injuries a good lad that used to have the right attitude a few years ago when I knew him, hopefully DC can get him back scoring goals.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Wrex said:

There are no guarantees in life and he's been pretty quiet since leaving Old Trafford but he's still only 25.

Very impressive signing, at least on paper he ticks a lot of boxes.

He had  a serious knee injury whilst on loan at Derby October 2016,  more than 4 years ago, which would set him back at OT. However he scored 8 goals in 29 for Salford last season.   The potential is there, I wish him well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Nobody short of Messi would impress you V593. Even then you'd moan he was too old and wasn't a 'proven L2 player' emoji38.png

Posted only the other day I was happy with both other signings, quite a few players we have been linked with actually. The two lads that have joined, benning, Andy cook I think would be a good signing, the CB at Wrexham & Hartlepool, hannant ect 

1 minute ago, Mario said:

Good question

Read back through the thread.... Happy with both the other signings and made that clear on here. Also literally posted a couple of hours ago saying id be happy for hannant to return. 

If Wilson can stay fit then we will have a decent player. But it’s a big if. As I posted I will judge him on how he plays for us as we should do with every player.

• Like 1

Other than his knee injury in October 2016 anyone know what else has kept him from playing these last few years.

Not many local lads have come to Vale and let us down other than the ex Stokie, Patterson?

Although not local Robinson had a great goalscoring record before coming back to us I still think this lad is potentially different class.

Fingers crossed.

Advert:

3 hours ago, robf said:

I know it's only rumours but I can't get my head around the Hannant one.

He grew up in Cambridgeshire and he's been offered a new contract to play for Cambridge in League One. 

Why would he want to move away from the area and drop down a division?

I believe there maybe a girlfriend involved?

• Like 1

He is. You don't play for Utd if you haven't got absolute talent. Big question is can he finally realise that potential. If he can get even halfway there, he'll be sold for a very decent fee next summer. Something has gone wrong but nobody seems to know what. Could be another Ian Taylor, who made the most of his talent when given his big chance by Rudgie, or another Chris Regis. Balls in his court. I'll support him to the hilt

Other than his knee injury in October 2016 anyone know what else has kept him from playing these last few years.
Not many local lads have come to Vale and let us down other than the ex Stokie, Patterson?
Although not local Robinson had a great goalscoring record before coming back to us I still think this lad is potentially different class.
Fingers crossed.
  • Like 1