onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

21 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Absolutely. Scrutiny of players who look dubious on paper is perfectly reasonable. I hope they are wonderful world beaters and DC leads to crush the division. 

However imagine Askey had survived the season, had this clearout and bought in those names. There would be hell! 

What we are hoping and having to believe is that DC can bring out the best is them. 

That’s fine. But certain posters (which is what the original post was aimed at) seem desperate for us to and specifically Clarke to fail. They know who there are. Even without knowing these players I would say their a step up on askey signing his mates from Macclesfield 

Advert

47 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Absolutely. Scrutiny of players who look dubious on paper is perfectly reasonable. I hope they are wonderful world beaters and DC leads to crush the division. 

However imagine Askey had survived the season, had this clearout and bought in those names. There would be hell! 

What we are hoping and having to believe is that DC can bring out the best is them. 

If Askey had survived the season we’d have been in the National League:)

We will have a better, more balanced and talented squad on day 1 of the season than we had on the last day of last season. Much better. By the end of next season we will be higher than 13th. It’s a process and we have the people in place making decisions to push that vision forward.

I personally am as happy as I could be about the two new signings. Never heard of either of them and I’m guessing that’s the same for most on here slating them.

Im not a football manager, tbf I couldn’t  even play the bloody game very well and that’s probably why Carole hasn’t picked me to be the manager or director of football because basically they know far more than me about players.

therefor I will also trust the manager and directors judgement, welcome to the Vale whoever you may be.

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Looks like mentality and fitness is important in the "matrix". From reading about Walker and Garrity they seem desperate to play games and have energy to burn.

Teams that can run and run as a unit for 90 minutes are tough to handle in league 2. I’d like to see that at Vale Park.

9 minutes ago, Badboybubba said:

Sign for Macclesfield or Vale?emoji481.pngemoji481.png

If he's training with us I assume @Bob Newtonian meant us. Even despite a ridiculous contract offer from the high spending new owner at Macc, I can't see a 25 year old with a point to prove after being released by a pretend club in Salford (having scored a brace in the Prem on his debut for Man Utd) dropping to step 5. I know people patronise non-league clubs in the FA Cup as part time sides full of plumbers and accountants but at step 5 that is literally the level Macc will be competing at, playing on council pitches in front of a handful of people stood on the sideline. I can't really see someone who's cutting about in an F Type with his surname on a personalised numberplate dropping to that beyond tinpot level unless the contract really is stupidly generous. 

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Absolutely no chance. 

All speculation, but I don't think it is unfathomable that we would have started to click again under the previous regime. I am absolutely unimpressed with DC so far. All I've seen and heard are conflicting statements and spin. I've seen money thrown at him that JA wasn't given.

I am unimpressed with this season's signings (so far) but I am looking forward to see them on the field before I judge. We need "under the radar" signings and I will always give the  benefit of the doubt but I think DF and DC are BS merchants who have worked a number on Carol. They've got much more flexibility with the coffers than JA was afforded.

We will see. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Just now, Ron C said:

All speculation, but I don't think it is unfathomable that we would have started to click again under the previous regime. I am absolutely unimpressed with DC so far. All I've seen and heard are conflicting statements and spin. I've seen money thrown at him that JA wasn't given.

I am unimpressed with this season's signings (so far) but I am looking forward to see them on the field before I judge. We need "under the radar" signings and I will always give the  benefit of the doubt but I think DF and DC are BS merchants who have worked a number on Carol. They've got much more flexibility with the coffers than JA was afforded.

We will see. Let's hope I'm wrong.

You're absolutely unimpressed with a manager who turned a freefalling side nailed on for a pitiful relegation into one that won 8 out of 9 and drew the 9th? Talk of unbeaten and clean sheet records being bettered? You're unimpressed with that, but think one dimensional, one plan, stubborn Askey would have turned it round to achieve the same?

Really? 

Where is the reliable evidence that DC has a much bigger budget to work with than Askey had?

Archived