• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Wilson is exactly the type of player I think we have cried out for.  He can get on the ball, is very very good technically, clever enough to play in between the lines.I'm not too concerned about his injury record to either more his attitude and application.  An excellent signing on paper although I remember thinking exactly the same about McKirdy. Fingers crossed DF has done the due diligence on him to make sure his attitude is spot on.

Walker in for Joyce

Wilson in for Cullen/Pope/Guthrie 

Even those unconvinced by DF&DC have to be happy with the approach to the signings so far. A much younger squad signing players approaching the peak years.

Can't wait for the rest of the week.

• Like 1

Advert:

I think people who are expected ‘big name’ signings really have to understand we’re we are. Yes, we’ve got brilliant new owners and off the field we’re on an upward trajectory, but on field we’ve had two mid-table finishes after goodness knows how many years fighting relegation in LEAGUE TWO. So signings are going to be on a like-for-like basis to a great extent and we’ll be taking ‘cast offs’ from elsewhere. The hope is that the sum of the parts becomes greater than the individual components.

• Like 1

I've read some interesting comments that supposedly in training he was on another level technically (as would be expected from progressing through a premier league academy from a young age) but it all fell apart a bit on match day.

Some comments implying a lack of effort, some implying his head wasn't in it, some implying the Aberdeen manager McInnes didn't use him properly or the shape/team wasn't right.

I wonder if he thought he'd made it at Man Utd and being released had a huge impact mentally, hampering his game since?

The injury at Derby aside, he really hasn't played many games. Nathan Smith has played over double. He's at the age now to crack on, local club Vale with Carol and DC is a great opportunity to do it. In a way he's relying on us as much as we are on him as if he doesn't start to knuckle down and start to fulfill his potential in the next 2 years it's going to start looking like a massive waste. 

• Like 8

Whether people are happy with Wilson or not,injury prone or not he is an high pedigree player,a so called known(named) player,there is no doubt if he was injury free there is no way he would be playing in League 2,played centrally with Rodders could end up being a real masterstroke. Now add him to the 2 players like it or not from league one clubs then surely this is a great start to the window,it is a far cry from signing your Kennedy's,Lloyds and the like.

DC and DF are no fools on the injury front so i am confident they have done all the research they can do on new signings

I for one am quite excited to see who else we are going to bring in

KTF we are all Vale and i am sure we all want whats best for the club

• Like 1

Advert:

Another thing and this could get laughed at but at the age of 25 should he hit the ground running and score plenty of goals for us,he could still become a saleable asset down to his pedigree,it's all ifs and buts though until the season kicks in. I am looking forward to seeing him

• Like 2

I just hope that we don't make the mistake of chopping and changing the strikers every week again. Strikers more than any other position need a run of games to find their groove. If Wilson doesn't score or play particularly well in his first game, the usual suspects both on here and Faceache will be spewing all kinds of vitriol and demanding the return of Pope. Wilson may just be a confidence player and with the right backing could thrive. But it's unlikely to happen immediately. Patience please

• Like 5

I'm pretty sure the odds are not set currently on the assumption that we'll be playing rush goalie come the start of the season

Skybet still have us at 16/1 to win the league outright. I’d have thought that those odds will be cut if we sign a keeper
  • Haha 5

Advert:

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I’ll see what he does for us but I’m not overly impressed with that signing. Don’t really rate him, will be on a fair wedge and very injury prone. Good luck James hope you can fire us up. Guess i will get slated for this but oh well. Will judge you on what you do for us 

Valiant 593 i'm with you on this,i also hope i'm wrong but all three signings don't fit the experienced established players we need and who i expected us to be bringing in,hoping they all do the buisness but i am still optimistic we will sign players with more proven quality.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

He’s a stoke fan. You won’t like him. 

This is what I am worried about that Gordon is as well I believe ,we want players who can fire us out the division not lardie loving folk who just here pick a wage and just do enough but manage remain in the team for years holding us back .

I reserve judgement ,and I'm sure if a Vale loving lad was going join stoke there be fans sceptical of them too ,we pay his wages so he better deliver and he will soon be found out .

6 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

This is what I am worried about that Gordon is as well I believe ,we want players who can fire us out the division not lardie loving folk who just here pick a wage and just do enough but manage remain in the team for years holding us back .

I reserve judgement ,and I'm sure if a Vale loving lad was going join stoke there be fans sceptical of them too ,we pay his wages so he better deliver and he will soon be found out .

wow..... that is all

• Like 3

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Are you saying that all footballers should only play for clubs they support ? Jesus wept

• Like 2

Just now, Mario said:

Are you saying that all footballers should only play for clubs they support ? Jesus wept

No what I am saying is if your hearts with another club how can you perform to a level expected of you if deep down when you were younger hated the team you  are going play for .

Rush did it for Liverpool also Gerrard and Carragher all Evertonians ,I am saying that there are exceptions lets hope Wilson is and it's his career not mine so I do not give a damn if he is good enough or not I'm not the one taking to the field he is let's hope he delivers for the Vale .