• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, robf said:

@jeffers just to defend "this site" I would point out OVF has 5,213 registered members (that's not counting the many guests).  The people who have criticised this signing, I would reckon, is in double figures.

I don't even think it's double figures. I think maybe 2 or 3 posters have been a bit critical of Wilson's signing and ten times that amount have been positive.

It's just human nature to focus on the odd negative comment and forget about the positives.

Advert:

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

This is what I am worried about that Gordon is as well I believe ,we want players who can fire us out the division not lardie loving folk who just here pick a wage and just do enough but manage remain in the team for years holding us back .

I reserve judgement ,and I'm sure if a Vale loving lad was going join stoke there be fans sceptical of them too ,we pay his wages so he better deliver and he will soon be found out .

What a load of rubbish. We have signed

players from Stoke previously and by and large they have not let us down. I would be happy with a closer liaison with Stoke if it meant more prospects joining us on loan. Breadwinner your narrow minded attitude does not help our club.

• Like 2

No what I am saying is if your hearts with another club how can you perform to a level expected of you if deep down when you were younger hated the team you  are going play for .

Absolute rubbish. You clearly never player football at any level. 

Now I understand why you have criticise Smith so much. You do know Gibbo is a Stoke fan too? 

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

Advert:

Wilson is an exciting signing. Announced at a good time too. It's the kind of signing that might turn a few heads & potentially persuade a few to sign on the dotted line with us, rather than holding on for better offers elsewhere.

Can you imagine the euphoria had we signed a James Wilson last summer... Hoping we can get him really fit & playing to the best of his ability.

Pleased with the first 3 signings. Niggling worry about historic injuries but trust in DC & DF to have done due diligence on all signings.

For what it's worth, I'd welcome Hannant back as well if that rumour is true. Hard working, fit, energetic with good technical ability. Would be a good signing.

• Like 4

No what I am saying is if your hearts with another club how can you perform to a level expected of you if deep down when you were younger hated the team you  are going play for .

Rush did it for Liverpool also Gerrard and Carragher all Evertonians ,I am saying that there are exceptions lets hope Wilson is and it's his career not mine so I do not give a damn if he is good enough or not I'm not the one taking to the field he is let's hope he delivers for the Vale .

Nathan smith was a stoke fan when he was growing up

• Like 2

Walker and Wilson look two cracking signings, exactly the type of player we need to get out of this God forsaken league at long last. Still lots to do in regards to recruitment but a very, very good start.

• Like 2

Sorry I know you’re in the champions league and all, thanks for the offer, but I’m a Dagenham man through and through so down into oblivion I go, ta roo.

seems likely

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

11 minutes ago, Doha said:

No it isn't. Get him gone!

How? HOW?

*stares out of window with palms pressed to the glass, a single streaking tear staining his cheek*

*voice breaks in a shudder...* hhhhow?

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Rush did it for Liverpool also Gerrard and Carragher all Evertonians ,I am saying that there are exceptions lets hope Wilson is and it's his career not mine so I do not give a damn if he is good enough or not I'm not the one taking to the field he is let's hope he delivers for the Vale .

An absolute load of rubbish. If you think any player goes out on a pitch and worries more about the team he supports rather than doing well for himself in his chosen profession then you are clueless. Our longest serving players are Smith and Gibbo, supposedly both stoke fans, both of those have grown up in an era where our rivalry and hatred is at its lowest for a long time because of where stoke have been. Do you honestly believe they both go out on the pitch and don’t give their all? Bearing in mind you once accused smith of throwing a game because he’s a stoke fan, do you think that still stands. You need to stop your ridiculous vendetta, it just invalidates anything you say because it’s plain stupid and based on nothing but your own strange viewpoint. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the age of the majority of the squad it’s a good age with plenty of time for those players to hit their peak (smith, Conlon, gibbo, Rodney, hurst, garrity, Walker) I think we just need to sprinkle a couple more experienced players in there, which I’m sure will happen anyway. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Not many teams have signed any players yet in League 2. A couple here and there but nobody’s signed 3. Hopefully we’ve got to the buffet early and snatched all the chilli  prawn and iberico ham sushi - leaving all the broken pork pie tops and pineapple skewers with the cheese crumbled off for other teams to pick up.

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

Not many teams have signed any players yet in League 2. A couple here and there but nobody’s signed 3. Hopefully we’ve got to the buffet early and snatched all the chilli  prawn and iberico ham sushi - leaving all the broken pork pie tops and pineapple skewers with the cheese crumbled off for other teams to pick up.

Are you from round here? Pineapple and cheese on sticks and pickled cucumber and onion were usually the best things on the buffet when I was growing up. 😀

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

Advert:

Everyone appears to be forgetting Jake Taylor whom in his first spell at Vale Park was the pick of the midfield but in his 2nd spell wasn't given much of a chance by DC (Injury?) even when he did play often produced the only piece of quality on show. 

• Like 4