Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

55 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Not a rumour, but a goalkeeper by the name of Theo Richardson is leaving Kings Lynn.

He's not yet announced where he is going next but seems to be very well thought of.

Young & promising goalkeeper, particularly good with his feet. He came through at Man Utd. Someone like him would make a great number 2 & I would think he fits the kind of profile we might be looking at; young for a goalkeeper with the potential to improve & step up when needed.

Bit of a random one, they had an horrendous defensive record.

His last 6 appearances 

4-4, 1-1, 5-3 loss, 3-1 loss, 4-1 loss, 5-1 loss . 

Played 18 games conceded 47 !!! 

Edited by darren1810

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Bit of a random one, they had an horrendous defensive record.

His last 6 appearances 

4-4, 1-1, 5-3 loss, 3-1 loss, 4-1 loss, 5-1 loss . 

Maybe they need a new defence...

Someone like him would be a good number 2 for me.

Looks like he's a personal trainer. I don't know if released by Kings Lynn but apart from ourselves they were stuffed most weeks.

Not saying he was at fault for goals as I've no idea but I can't think of a worse CV for a keeper than 47 in 18 . That's almost 3 a game . 

1 hour ago, tisdeano said:

It is true Askey would not engage with senior youth coaches prior to Sinclair , unless they are lying, along with others directly involved in the youth setup

The guy was employed to manage the first team. Sevvy Aslam was employed to manage The Accadamy. I'm an operations director; I don't go and try to manage either sales staff, or the finance department. The odd time I'm in the same building, or country I'm polite and I'll have a beer. Why would he even want to get involved in someone else's area of responsibility?

2 hours ago, MiketheValiant said:

Tyler Denton? Yes I liked the look of him and was disappointed when his loan was cut short for "family reasons". Strange how some players just seem to fizzle out isn't it? We've had a few here over the years.

It's a bit random, I think he has dropped out of the EFL completely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Based on what?

Based on him coming through the Utd Academy & having first team experience in the league below. He's also just 22. I'd have thought our number 2 will be a younger goalkeeper but we shall see.

Not one for signing players based on highlights reels on YouTube & we certainly won't be doing that this summer, but some good examples of his distribution & shot stopping ability. Couple of worldy saves in there.

Like I said only a suggestion anyway... this is the thread to discuss players, right? Calm yourselves.

• Thanks 1

Widely documented. Add on the fact he is not hamstrung by Pope's massive contract.  Compensation paid for the management. Additional funding for our DOF. Compensation paid for a reserve player.

Do you actually follow us?
I must have missed the wide documentation. We don't know what his budget is, or what people are being offered/paid. With so many players available, maybe clubs have the upper hand in terms of negotiations? Maybe the squad will be smaller, meaning he is able to offer more to some people.

As always, now is not the time to judge or criticise. By Christmas, by all means have a pop if you want!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Based on him coming through the Utd Academy

So did Adam Eckersley and Toby Whelan tbf. 

Just not sure how you can say he'd be "great" based on playing for Kings Lynn (and conceding a <ovf censored> load all season) after being let go as a teenager by Man Utd and consequently snapped up by Grantham Town, wherever that is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dishydave said:

Just watching hartlepool and that Johnson who we are being linked with hasn't had much to do but he looks very comfortable on the ball even under pressure

Is he centre half ?

BBC have him down as at left back 

The guy was employed to manage the first team. Sevvy Aslam was employed to manage The Accadamy. I'm an operations director; I don't go and try to manage either sales staff, or the finance department. The odd time I'm in the same building, or country I'm polite and I'll have a beer. Why would he even want to get involved in someone else's area of responsibility?

As operations manager I’d expect you liaise with both sales and finance team , in fact I’d say it’s integral to your job

41 minutes ago, JRC said:

More to do with letting the young lads mix in with the pro's(DC has already done this) and also if he was prepared to bring youngsters through to the first team...trust me it is a fact that he wasn't buying into that side of things,which was the remit for any new manager

The next signing should be announced wearing the new strip, so people can fill their boots being negative about the player, the kit and the manager all in one neat little package.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

More to do with letting the young lads mix in with the pro's(DC has already done this) and also if he was prepared to bring youngsters through to the first team...trust me it is a fact that he wasn't buying into that side of things,which was the remit for any new manager

Frankly I don't trust you because it's something I discussed with Carol Shanahan last time I was in the UK. There clearly were some young lads mixing with pros because Bailey had a few games on the bench; as did a couple of the other accadamy players I believe. So unless you have a fact I will trust what I have been told. If you have a fact,  rather than hearsay, I would consider changing my opinion.

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings