Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

New 11:

Holy

Smith   Hall   Jones   Hussey

Worrall   Pett   Garrity   Cooper

Wilson   Harratt

Subs: Stone, Martin, Cass, Benning, Walker, Amoo, Edmondson

Let's put a few past Scunthorpe tomorrow and get the good vibes back!

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Until that incident he was MOTM having pulled off two fantastic saves. Says a lot for how poorly the team played when your looking at your keeper before my MOTM.

Some of the opposition Vale have played against this season, their goal keepers picked up MOTM awards.  As you say, that was because we were all over them and they pulled off loads of cracking saves.  We would prefer our midfield or strikers picked up these awards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I don't worry too much anymore about loan signings we make, as at the very least we have scouted them and thought about it.

I have no idea how we would have scouted Cooper as he's played 4 league minutes this season, unless Flitters was scouting the NIFL last season. Maybe attendance at Oxford reserve games.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Beech said:

New 11:

Holy

Wilson   Harratt

Not sure dc knows how play 4 4 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

Interesting comments regarding the Devante Rodney situation.  I know that "every player at every club is up for sale" as the quote went, but does this also suggest an underlying problem between club & Devante? There's an indication that he has turned down an offer of an extension to his contract ("flatlined") as they put it, so is this because there's some more problems between club & player than just a fitness issue?

There would appear to have been some offer(s) but these seem to fall short of Vale's valuation.  However, how is that valuation being pitched?  At last season's scoring record, his goal tally (not) this season or, because of the fact that he's currently injured and hasn't played much at all this season? Must be a difficult conundrum for PV and any club that is currently showing an interest in him!  Any other views/info?

41 minutes ago, Beech said:

New 11:

Holy

Wilson   Harratt

Cooper? Based on 4 minutes of football this season? 

We won’t play with wingers unless 2 or Rodney, Amoo or Worrall are fit. It will be 352 with probably the only change being the keeper unless players are coming back like Jones 

I’m guessing it will be. 

Holy 

Cass Smith Martin Hall Hussey

Walker Pett Garrity

Wilson Harratt

So, 2 weeks ago we were debating how poor Gibbo would feel about us signing a permanent proven player who plays his position.  Gibbo now out injured so looks like good squad management.

Debate now around why we have signed 4 loanees to replace 2 loanees who have returned to their parent clubs, and 2 long term injured / proven strikers!

With 5 loanees and only 2 windows per season option are 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2 in each window.

Reality is no matter which way we went views would differ, but ultimately it is onlyDC or DF who live and die by the decisions.

Cooper (although I know nothing about him) will be utilised in the same way as Politic for me.

Won't start many but (hopefully) can change a game when he comes on.

At least one more centre midfield please.

Can't see another striker coming in at this late stage.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

One thing for sure is neither of today's signings were 'data' signings, as there wouldn't be any data on them this season.

I’m not sure that’s for sure… Did you listen to Flickers interview the other day? We have invested in new tech and platforms that allow us to watch games all the way down to U21 that are live or they can be watched later… so sounds like there is a database.

There will be plenty of data on Holy given his number of games in league 1.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I have no idea how we would have scouted Cooper as he's played 4 league minutes this season, unless Flitters was scouting the NIFL last season.

This is what I mean though.

I imagine they will have been looking for a 'ball carrying winger that provides a goal threat'. Searched through masses of data. Found a list of players that fit the criteria. Found out who is potentially available. Watched match footage of them and come up with a decision on whether to pursue them or not. I don't know this for sure, but Flitcroft was talking about this type of recruitment in his recent YouTube interview.

I'm glad to see we've gone beyond turning up live on a matchday and watching players as our 'scouting'. If we ever even did that, with the random and bizarre signings we've consistently made!

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We won’t play with wingers unless 2 or Rodney, Amoo or Worrall are fit. It will be 352 with probably the only change being the keeper unless players are coming back like Jones 

I’m guessing it will be. 

Holy 

Walker Pett Garrity

Wilson Harratt

I’m guessing 

holy

worral  smith hall jones hussy

garrity pett  cooper

wilson harratt

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m guessing it will be. 

Holy 

Walker Pett Garrity

Wilson Harratt

It's not the team I'd select tomorrow. But what could be something like our best team right now not including the current players who are injured. At Vale Park how many times do we see teams play with wingers and take full advantage of such a big pitch? It's time we started doing the same once again, and that also means playing Worrall in his favoured position and not pissing around as a right wing-back.

28 minutes ago, Beech said:

It's not the team I'd select tomorrow. But what could be something like our best team right now not including the current players who are injured. At Vale Park how many times do we see teams play with wingers and take full advantage of such a big pitch? It's time we started doing the same once again, and that also means playing Worrall in his favoured position and not pissing around as a right wing-back.

I agree it is time we did that, whenever I’ve seen vale have success it’s been using the wingers however it seems a style that DC has no interest in playing. If he wouldnt play it when we had Worrall fit and Politic I can’t see him doing it now. Agree Worrall wasted at RWB. 

To me I imagine Hussey has been our most expensive signing, he’s a LWB, kind of details how we will continue to play 

Edited by valiant_593

Advert:

3 hours ago, capirex said:

Cooper described as a mystery shrouded in an enigma on the Oxford forum!

will be ok with us then, we are an enigma shrouded in  matrix mystery!😄

Edited by geoff1
spelling

1 hour ago, Beech said:

New 11:

Holy

Wilson   Harratt

No wonder this fixture congestion is getting out of hand if we're playing them tomorrow as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1