• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Covolan has been absolutely fine up until that insane moment. Stone was very iffy against Brentford but in the main has been fine. 
To be fair I would of been fine in goal at Orient, both teams could of played without a keeper and it would still of been 0-0. 
I'm quite bemused myself by the Holy signing particularly having not bothered with a sub for 2 games it obviously wasn't seen as urgent or we'd surely of got one in immediately after Swindon. 
Or we've taken our time getting one that we actually want and can improve us, rather than getting any dodgy bugger just to have one
  • Like 2

Advert:

7 hours ago, Warren said:

Politic has gone to a higher level league - Serie B with Cremonese. They have won their last 4 games, sit 5th in the table and are pushing for promotion. Our new signing Joel Cooper has to prove he can step out of NI football and play regularly at League 2 level creating chances and scoring goals.  

Exactly.  He's not had a chance.  If Vale give him that chance and he does really well, wouldn't it be nice if we had an option to buy at what would be a good price? 

• Like 1

Advert:

18 minutes ago, capirex said:

Cremonese lost their last match! A 2-1 defeat at Lecce. Politic was an unused substitute.

If they don't go up he'll still be playing in front of paltry crowds next season wishing he was at Hillsborough or Fratton Park in a Vale shirt 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

If they don't go up he'll still be playing in front of paltry crowds next season wishing he was at Hillsborough or Fratton Park in a Vale shirt 

Can’t see those two getting relegated 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert:

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Covolan has been absolutely fine up until that insane moment. Stone was very iffy against Brentford but in the main has been fine. 

To be fair I would of been fine in goal at Orient, both teams could of played without a keeper and it would still of been 0-0. 

I'm quite bemused myself by the Holy signing particularly having not bothered with a sub for 2 games it obviously wasn't seen as urgent or we'd surely of got one in immediately after Swindon. 

This is Alisson Vs Ecuador yesterday.  Maybe they just have different rules in Brazil, part football, part Mortal Kombat.

image.png.061de880bbda254e2ad7875d6a72791d.png

image.png.ec0b48d651f42b74b73685ee668bd363.png

Edited by Quebec_Valiant
  • Haha 2

Advert:

15 hours ago, 1 said:

Cov = 1

Stone = 2

becomes

Holy = 1

Cov = 2

Stone = 3 then released at the end of the season

I’m sure if all parties agree and Holy has a good stint then Holy and Cov next season could well be our goalkeeping lineup. In that case it’s obviously an upgrade as he’s not a replacement for Cov in the squad, he could well be a permanent signing to replace Stone in time.

I know injuries are still a huge problem, but just look down the list of players in the squad now and imagine them all fit. The squad is terrifying now.

I could be misreading the situation but how I see it DC will be releasing Cov, out of exasperation.