Prince Philip

R.I.P Prince Philip he lived through all my life and the Duke of Edinburgh awards ,very fundamental in the times he gave kids something to look forwards too in doing that  ,I liked him bit outspoken but generally a great king for our Queen ,99 though that's terrific .

I'm no royalist but respect to a very good man 

• Like 1

I hope and I sincerely expect that he will be remembered for much more than a few gaffes, hilarious as they often were;

Distinguished WWII service, longest serving consort ever and life-long consistent support to HM the Queen. President World Wild Life Fund, The Royal Marines and perhaps most of all, The Duke of Edingburgh's Award Scheme that has done so much for so many young people over generations!

RIP HRH Prince Philip.

• Like 4

I enjoyed his "gaffs" made him almost human.

Not overly keen on the royals but they do their job, well some of them do. They showed there was disfunctionality even in "the best" families.

I wonder if Harry will turn up to the funeral?

41 minutes ago, ginginator said:

And a lot more he was a commited naval man and yes he had his moments, bit like most of us do. He has done more for my/our country than I have

He’s been paid a lot more than we have aswell

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

R.I.P Prince Philip he lived through all my life and the Duke of Edinburgh awards ,very fundamental in the times he gave kids something to look forwards too in doing that  ,I liked him bit outspoken but generally a great king for our Queen ,99 though that's terrific .

I'm no royalist but respect to a very good man 

You don't have to be a Royalist to respect some of the Royal Family.  As we've already seen on this thread, his long years of service have been largely ignored in favour of remembering his "gaffes"! Nice and honest tribute, VFIA! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ginginator said:

And a lot more he was a commited naval man and yes he had his moments, bit like most of us do. He has done more for my/our country than I have

The Queen and Prince Philip have both done more for this country than some of the people who constantly criticise them!

• Like 4

Had a troubled upbringing, had to escape Corfu on Danish passports as his father was about to be executed.

when he was 8 his mother was put in an asylum because she was deaf, his father buggered of to the south of France with another woman leaving Philip to be brought up by an uncle.

RIP.

Nothing against Phiiip but why have we got programs all night on bbc 1 and bbc2 all about Philip and programs on bbc4 cancelled have it on beeb 1 fair enough but if you don’t want watch it there should be an alternative 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Nothing against Phiiip but why have we got programs all night on bbc 1 and bbc2 all about Philip and programs on bbc4 cancelled have it on beeb 1 fair enough but if you don’t want watch it there should be an alternative 

Glad I'm not the only fed up with it already. Respect due, but this is OTT for a bloke nearly 100. It's like they've been waiting for this to happen for ages to run all the programs a d coverage. Maybe I'm not too emotionally sensitive.  

• Thanks 1