Advert:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a moving tribute. thanks Howjy04.

The Queen and Prince Philip have both done more for this country than some of the people who constantly criticise them!

I hope and I sincerely expect that he will be remembered for much more than a few gaffes, hilarious as they often were; Distinguished WWII service, longest serving consort ever and life-long cons

Just now, Tony Rodriguez said:

I do not believe we have a ruling family.

I think we moved on from that a few centuries ago.

In theory we do, because Governmental affairs still need to be ratified by the Queen. Not sure what happens if she doesn't agree...but that's beside the point. You may notice, the leader of the Party with most seats always has to go to the Queen to get permission to form the Government.

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

In the long run - it doesn't matter. We'll agree to disagree?

It does matter if we want to evolve into a mature modern democracy but it’s probably not the time for this discussion. Don’t want to appear disrespectful at this time!

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

In theory we do, because Governmental affairs still need to be ratified by the Queen. Not sure what happens if she doesn't agree...but that's beside the point. You may notice, the leader of the Party with most seats always has to go to the Queen to get permission to form the Government.

In theory, yes we do. But I think the unwritten constitution means the Queen is not actually allowed an opinion. As with Grand Prix Pants I think this would be an interesting discussion but at another time.

• Thanks 1