January transfer window

21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Not sure what makes you say that.  He has only started six league games for Scunny and they've lost the lot.  He also started in their FA Cup defeat at home to Solihull.  I suspect if the opportunity arose, he would jump at the chance to return to Vale.

I imagine getting a deal done with Taylor would involve keeping Phil Sproson sweet.

On a completely unrelated note, do we know for sure what the deal is with Adam Crookes? Is he injured, isolating or 'other'?

Edited by Santa

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Not so sure Jake Taylor would come back (is he on a season-long loan?) as he's doing well where he is. But, I would definitely try to bring him in, in close season. Bit disappointed with a few comments on Vale's scouting prowess - it doesn't seem to matter how many different clubs we bring players in from, there's still the same, boring, old comments we've had for years!  

No matter what way you look at it. Our recruitment has been dire. ‘Different clubs’ we must sign players from the same clubs more than any other side. 

agree re Taylor although don’t think it would be too difficult for us to get him in jan 

Edited by valiant_593

I certainly hope Ryan Colclough doesn’t come to Vale, he’s another Miller. 
I don’t think Pope needs to drop to the level of KAFC, he’d be able to play in L2 or the National league. He won’t be going into the licensing industry even though his grandfather used to run the pub. The pub needs to re open and his parents could mentor him but I’m led to believe they have a pub in Northwood.
Hasn't Colclough just signed at Altrincham?

Advert:

13 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Not so sure Jake Taylor would come back (is he on a season-long loan?) as he's doing well where he is. But, I would definitely try to bring him in, in close season. Bit disappointed with a few comments on Vale's scouting prowess - it doesn't seem to matter how many different clubs we bring players in from, there's still the same, boring, old comments we've had for years!  

I dont think he has been playing of late and he isn't that happy there as the style of play wasn't suiting him,i also think he is free to return to Forest after 6mths,if we are able to move a couple out dont be surprised to see us make another move for him.

The dodgy Twitter transfers account has linked Worrall to Charlton.

I don't doubt there will be clubs at least watching him. He leads every creative metric you can measure a player with this season, and was top 5 in them all last season. This is in a side that isn't hugely creative, and playing on both wings and offering superb workrate and cover. Recruitment departments will be searching for players leading metrics like Key Passes and xA, and Worrall will keep flagging up as a good option. 

However, he's 30, has openly said he's settled, and has 18 months on his contract. Teams will have to stump up. I think it's unlikely, but Worrall could be tempted by a wage increase in what will most likely be the last/penultimate major contract of his playing career.

Advert:

12 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I dont think he has been playing of late and he isn't that happy there as the style of play wasn't suiting him,i also think he is free to return to Forest after 6mths,if we are able to move a couple out dont be surprised to see us make another move for him.

I had just read an article recently, where he said he was happy, and things going well for him. Thought he'd scored in a couple of games, too?

21 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I had just read an article recently, where he said he was happy, and things going well for him. Thought he'd scored in a couple of games, too?

The last few games I’ve checked on him he’s been a sub who gets on for the last 15-20 mins. I don’t know the length of the loan but I’d imagine that there are certain conditions set by Forest that Scunny must meet or it being terminated 

49 minutes ago, philmpv said:
58 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

He's hardly likely to say I hate it here they're crap is he?!

As I recall it was about a significant event in his life? Whatever, it wasn't a "do you like Scunthorpe and playing for the team? interview - he volunteered info he didn't need to...which usually makes it truthful? Hardly matters - I was just responding to a couple of suggestions we try to bring him in, in January?

Advert:

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I dont think he has scored for them..... there is another jake taylor(exeter i think? and he has been scoring)

• Like 1

On 11/12/2020 at 18:31, PV1973 said:

You’d be surprised, he’s had interest from clubs in preseason and also last season too. 

That would be before the salary cap and maximum squad size came in.

6 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I dont think he has scored for them..... there is another jake taylor(exeter i think? and he has been scoring)

6 league starts, 3 sub appearances and no goals according to Soccerbase. They have won 2 of the games he featured in and lost the rest. Not tearing up any trees but maybe it doesn't suit him there.