January transfer window

You’d be surprised, he’s had interest from clubs in preseason and also last season too. 
I'm not saying he didn't, but if any of them are or were willing to meet or even get close to his current wage, I'd be amazed. Which would explain why he's still here, despite JA allegedly wanting to offload. Don't blame him one bit for that, at his age

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'm not saying he didn't, but if any of them are or were willing to meet or even get close to his current wage, I'd be amazed. Which would explain why he's still here, despite JA allegedly wanting to offload. Don't blame him one bit for that, at his age

No idea about the wages offered, but he wanted to stay here. 

Advert:

Pope doesn't like to be away from home. Scunthorpe is a horrible journey. The bigger issue will be close season. I can imagine Pope being offered something but on a lot less money. His issue then is does he take more at this level with a commute; or possibly look to commute from home to a Conference side. There aren't an awful lot of league 2 sides he can commute to daily.

He can still offer Vale a decent outlet if he's used properly. A clever player ,who has more to his game than just playing hoofball to him.He needs a Dodds type of player  to play off him.Admittedly Tom is now coming to the end of his career but what a servant to the club he's been!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Trouble is he can’t score goals if he’s not on the pitch, 

Tuesday just gone, was his first start in weeks and he had an assist in both goals and had one of his own disallowed.

Agree he’s coming to the end of his career at this level, but at the moment he’s still got it.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, osprey said:

I thought Morton at Northampton looked useful last year for a young forward - think he’s on loan at Lincoln but doesn’t seem to feature much for them

Looked absolutely turgid when we beat them but otherwise was one of the best forwards in the league.

He'd suit our striker role, would have him here no question.

Just asked a Lincoln fan and he got injured in his 2nd game, for 3 months.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

I'd like to see a little bit of movement in our squad, if possible during the window. Generally I think the backline is OK with adequate cover for the remainder of the season but I think the midfield and striker options need a bit of tweaking. 

To do that we would need to shift a few out if we can. I think its a waste having the number of strikers we do when we are only ever going to play 1 upfront for the most part.The manager clearly doesn't fancy Theo and Cullen is not reliable enough injury wise so I think we need to try and move them to on and replace them with a 1st choice striker which would give us Pope and Rodney as the alternatives.  I'd also not renew Clarke's loan either and try and find an attacking ball playing midfielder instead.

It was an unprecedented situation with both our right backs picking up hamstring injuries, I don’t know what percentage we are paying of Clark’s wage but he’s certainly on an unbelievable weekly salary in comparison to our players. I think that with gibbo hopefully fit soon that we would be better using Clark’s wages going towards a new striker or midfielder. 

Ryan Colclough, and playing for them for a few weeks, has signed an 18 month deal with Altrincham.

As a Crewe fan says in the comments, was Crewe's best player in League 1 a few years ago. Has lost his way but maybe a good year in the National League will do him good. One we should be monitoring.

• Like 1

Advert:

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

Ryan Colclough, and playing for them for a few weeks, has signed an 18 month deal with Altrincham.

As a Crewe fan says in the comments, was Crewe's best player in League 1 a few years ago. Has lost his way but maybe a good year in the National League will do him good. One we should be monitoring.

Loads of baggage that lad....cant see Askey touching him with a bargepole tbh

Colclough: abused a worker at a drive-through fast food place and got sacked by Scunny.

A few years back didn't he try to run away from the Police and thought he could hide up a tree? I think they tasered him down.

Edited by Santa