January transfer window

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

6 league starts, 3 sub appearances and no goals according to Soccerbase. They have won 2 of the games he featured in and lost the rest. Not tearing up any trees but maybe it doesn't suit him there. 

I think he will jump at the chance to return here in January if we offload someone

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

He's what's missing from the midfield the chances we are creating at the minute I'm convinced he would of put away or been in the right position for the times the ball has come across the line or rebounded and no one has been there

October 2020 Nottm Forest site

Nottingham Forest can confirm that Jake Taylor has joined Scunthorpe United on loan.

The Under 23s midfielder moves to the League One side for the 2020-21 season, and the club wishes him the best of luck for the campaign.

So Scunthorpe would have a say, as well as agents and wage levels suitable to Vale and Forest. Not easy but he did show a striker`s eye and his contract lasts until  June 2021, ex Manu academy. Should we showcase him or try a permanent move? Was it just a lucky run of chances?  Covid 19 finances come into play as well,  leave until the Summer? 

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

He's what's missing from the midfield the chances we are creating at the minute I'm convinced he would of put away or been in the right position for the times the ball has come across the line or rebounded and no one has been there

Do we want to sign him or the player he was for us last season though? 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

October 2020 Nottm Forest site

Nottingham Forest can confirm that Jake Taylor has joined Scunthorpe United on loan.

The Under 23s midfielder moves to the League One side for the 2020-21 season, and the club wishes him the best of luck for the campaign.

So Scunthorpe would have a say, as well as agents and wage levels suitable to Vale and Forest. Not easy but he did show a striker`s eye and his contract lasts until  June 2021, ex Manu academy. Should we showcase him or try a permanent move? Was it just a lucky run of chances?  Covid 19 finances come into play as well,  leave until the Summer? 

I still think we would want a permanent move for him,i wouldn't be surprised to see us TRY and get Clark and Taylor on permanent deals,it will be hard but who knows in football things change... imo we will want as a club to bring in players who have a potential of making us money in the future a bit like Exeter and Crewe.

Edited by werstayinup

39 minutes ago, mikey said:

Taylor is a player I would like to see back here, but I think our only hope is if we can have an offer acceped for a permanent transfer. Do we have £100k going spare right now? 🤔

I believe money would be available to pay a fee for the right player even in these unusual times as in the future it would make the club money

Advert:

46 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I believe money would be available to pay a fee for the right player even in these unusual times as in the future it would make the club money

I thought teams in league 1 and 2 weren’t allowed to pay transfers due to the bailout money?

• Like 1

There'll be ways around that. Not an expert but can't see a loan to the end of the season with an agreement to buy permanently at the end of the season breaching the rules. That said, can't see why forest would agree to that.

I thought teams in league 1 and 2 weren’t allowed to pay transfers due to the bailout money?

Depends what he's on and how he sees his future. I'd be amazed if he got another deal at forest as he'll be 23 by the time his current one expires and he's a long way from their first team. I'd hold up ben whitfield as a prime example when it comes to persuading him to come

Can we pay anywhere near a Championship / Premier League club player's wages without half our squad wanting a pay rise?

43 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I think that’s only if you apply for the loan option as well as the grant?

Advert:

52 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Can we pay anywhere near a Championship / Premier League club player's wages without half our squad wanting a pay rise?

He is an under 23 player so far less, even then be prepared  for a pay drop to get games and further  his career.

On 14/12/2020 at 18:08, Boslem's Brazil said:

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you happy with recent recruitment? 

Only just seen this. I don't think recent recruitment has been too bad, to be honest - I think the squad is stronger than last year, but our inconsistency is because some of the better players last season aren't being as effective as they were. I do get sick of the same comments about "lazy scouting"..."catalogue shopping", "do we only use Sproson's players?"  etc.  We've had some good players join us, from up and down the country and a number of clubs, so it's not a valid point - it's a lazy one! It can't be easy to find the rough diamonds when Prem clubs hoover up so many youngsters?