January transfer window

It has been reported in a couple of papers in Sheffield and Burnley that we and Tranmere are interested in Hyde Utd 19 yr old  winger Paddy Lane. Apparently Stockport, Altrincham and Farsley Celtic (where he is on loan because of the pandemic) have all triggered a five figure release clause with his club. Burnley and Sheffield Utd are also keeping tabs on him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, rayzer said:

It has been reported in a couple of papers in Sheffield and Burnley that we and Tranmere are interested in Hyde Utd 19 yr old  winger Paddy Lane. Apparently Stockport, Altrincham and Farsley Celtic (where he is on loan because of the pandemic) have all triggered a five figure release clause with his club.

How on earth non league clubs can afford to take the risk on a five figure fee at present is beyond me, even with a little FA cup run.

Edited by MBE

3 hours ago, rayzer said:

It has been reported in a couple of papers in Sheffield and Burnley that we and Tranmere are interested in Hyde Utd 19 yr old  winger Paddy Lane. Apparently Stockport, Altrincham and Farsley Celtic (where he is on loan because of the pandemic) have all triggered a five figure release clause with his club. Burnley and Sheffield Utd are also keeping tabs on him.

Looks as if Sheffield Utd have been keen for a while, i've just read an article on them from Dec 2019 saying they are after him.

Advert:

6 hours ago, philmpv said:
7 hours ago, Andyregs said:
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pope leave.

Can't see that many takers, if any, on his wage

That may well be the case in view of the salary cap, where as an existing player Tom’s salary is included at the no doubt much lower figure (was it £64k?) than his actual salary.  A new signing would count at the full level and we are unlikely to get a better striker for the lower figure.

I think the issue is that Tom is probably one of our top earners, yet is now a squad player.  Come the summer when his current deal expires, and Cullen also out of contract then perhaps we can sign the established No9 we need with a lower wage to a ‘chancer’ being a better split of the budget

• Like 1

Advert:

Both Fitz and Monty are good full backs, each plays the role in a different style.

Clark has been bang average during this loan spell.  If Gibbo is back to full fitness and with Mills fit again as well I think his wage can be better spent elsewhere

Another winger only makes sense if one is going.

I'd like to see a goalscoring midfielder come in on loan to take the place of some of the younger players who can go out on loan.

A striker would be great but I don't see that happening until summer. Unless Theo is off?

Advert:

8 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Why do you think that Andy.?

I heard he was close to being allowed to leave in the summer. And he hasn’t been playing much. If someone offered first team football and at least 18 months, I could see it...

9 hours ago, philmpv said:
10 hours ago, Andyregs said:

...but that was the issue.

10 hours ago, philmpv said:
12 hours ago, Andyregs said:

You’d be surprised, he’s had interest from clubs in preseason and also last season too.