January transfer window

Smart money will be on Pope at Kidsgrove next year.

I think he could go to a league club personally, but he seems to love his home comforts. Play with some of his mates for cash on Saturdays, in the Sneyd in the evening without so much pressure.

Hes earned the right to enjoy himself. Vale legend.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I think he could go to a league club personally, but he seems to love his home comforts. Play with some of his mates for cash on Saturdays, in the Sneyd in the evening without so much pressure.

why? is he buying the empty pub?:drink:

6 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Bring in jake Taylor, get rid of Robinson and bring in a starting striker which we needed (pretty sure this was the conversation when we missed out on Maynard and brought in theo instead). 

12month loan contract hasnt he?😏

34 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Thats an interesting theory, although the Sneyd has been shut for a while, I can see him doing something similar bit of a home bird and he did say he was fed up of the travelling to Bury every day.

Advert:

38 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

12month loan contract hasnt he?😏

Was hoping it was 6. Maybe there’s an option half way. No one can pay a fee for him now anyway. And I’d be surprised if a championship club would. 

• Like 1

In all honesty I can’t really see there being much movement in or out in January.  Clubs just haven’t got the money, plus there’s the cap on salary plus squad numbers. To improve the first 11 will be very difficult.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 1

Advert:

13 hours ago, blackdog said:

I'd be looking to someone who can help towards keeping clean sheets plus someone 6ft 3in in midfield who won't get pushed around, and who will boss the game.

who can hold onto the ball!

1 minute ago, geoff1 said:

lets put the cat amongst the pigeons, bye bye cullen , pope,robinson, amoo, mckirdy,crookes! how about that? 😜:innocent06::bomb::drink:

Amoo is harsh, he just gets rushed back from injury too much.

Pope doesn't deserve to be released mid-season.

Rest I can go with. 

15 hours ago, blackdog said:

Thats an interesting theory, although the Sneyd has been shut for a while, I can see him doing something similar bit of a home bird and he did say he was fed up of the travelling to Bury every day.

hes a stokie blokie-kidsgrove for me.:keepup:

Advert:

35 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

lets put the cat amongst the pigeons, bye bye cullen , pope,robinson, amoo, mckirdy,crookes! how about that? 😜:innocent06::bomb::drink:

I'd never get rid of Pope, needs respect, he may finish after this season anyway. Amoo is quality but inconsistent.

The rest I agree, sadly I thought Crookes was decent, he may still turn out to be.

Have I missed something, but - What has happened to Danny Whitehead? - disappeared off the planet

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Have I missed something, but - What has happened to Danny Whitehead? - disappeared off the planet

He self-isolated and then picked up an injury. 

Whitehead's had a slow start but sometimes that happens. Players don't just "move clubs" - it's often moving house, family, adjusting to new coaches, training and so on. Not only that but moving during one of the weirdest years many of us have known can't have helped either.

It took Legge and Joyce both a season to fully acclimatise (and further back I remember Doug Loft having a rubbish first season and then coming to the fore after settling) so I'm not sure it's game over for the likes of Whitehead and Robinson half a season in. 

I can understand it's frustrating and fans want every signing to begin at 100MPH but that doesn't always happen. 

• Like 3