butt lane vale fan

Boxes and Sponsorship.

I went in December as a one off against Oldham for my sons 21st birthday . 

It cost £65-00 and included a meal , tour of ground, meet the players and a seat in the posh bit of the Lorne Street. I'd say there was approx 14 of us off the top of my head ranging from 21 to 78 .

I can pay up to £100 for a pair of jeans ( yes extravagant i know ) . I feel terribly uncomfortable in trousers, they are primarily for Weddings, Funerals and court appearances 🤣.

Personally i was shocked that we were allowed to wear trainers. My own view point is shoes should be the only change. A pair of jeans with shoes is more than respectable. It is the year 2019 and we are meant to be a more relaxed society. 

Would this possible new rule stop me going again, probably not as it is only one day after all but for me it is a big NO 

Cant really understand why anyone would be getting upset by the intro of that dress code. It's hardly strict. It's basically not terrible Jean's or sportswear.

Love a moan you lot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Walter said:

Cant really understand why anyone would be getting upset by the intro of that dress code. It's hardly strict. It's basically not terrible Jean's or sportswear.

Love a moan you lot.

It's not a moan.... who decides what's terrible?..... A 20 year old..... a 40 year old..... a sixty year old.

Personally I don't wear jeans, I would prefer a pair of loakes to trainers which I've seen at a similar price, and I've seen people pay more for a pair of jeans than I can get a suit made for..... I don't wear suits either.

It's more about the feeling of exclusion, separation, segregation as opposed to the owners wish for inclusion, one big family?

• Like 1

It's not a moan.... who decides what's terrible?..... A 20 year old..... a 40 year old..... a sixty year old.
Personally I don't wear jeans, I would prefer a pair of loakes to trainers which I've seen at a similar price, and I've seen people pay more for a pair of jeans than I can get a suit made for..... I don't wear suits either.
It's more about the feeling of exclusion, separation, segregation as opposed to the owners wish for inclusion, one big family?
Dosser.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Love a moan you lot.

Not getting upset, just wondering why? It's a football match not a night at the Lord Mayor's ball.

• Like 1

I didn’t think jeans were banned?  I thought the letter had said blue jeans which I interpreted as the sort you might wear on a building site??

13 minutes ago, Walter said:
1 hour ago, geosname said:

Dosser.

No... just retired with enough money to please myself

18 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I didn’t think jeans were banned?  I thought the letter had said blue jeans which I interpreted as the sort you might wear on a building site??

Do they still have them Jean....... building sites?

Jeans, as in blue colour, or ripped.

Love a moan you lot.

So you would have no issue of a dress code across all stands, how odd.

Im sure your fellow Vale fans would disagree

If you dont understand the difference between the stand and corporate then there isnt much point carrying on.
  • Like 2

Yeah I took it as that sort or the sort that look like they should be thrown out because of all the rips

Just now, Walter said:
4 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

If you dont understand the difference between the stand and corporate then there isnt much point carrying on.

If it's one big community family..... what is the difference?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, geosname said:

Do they still have them Jean....... building sites?

They did until yesterday in Hanley when Pochin went into admin and locked the workers out of the new Hilton Garden Hotel building site!

Stop moaning about a small change in dress code you odd man.

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

They did until yesterday in Hanley when Pochin went into admin and locked the workers out of the new Hilton Garden Hotel building site!

Sorry Jean I was thinking more of houses

As an aging mod I would insist on everyone wearing brightly coloured shirts and bell bottom trousers with flowers in their hair, lol. Certainly would brighten days up a bit, eh?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikey said:

Im not in favour of a dress code in the boxes, as its very elitist. However I do understand the need for one in certain areas.

Agreed,  different markets, fans enjoying better facilities but  casual, whereas corporate or occasion guests may  expect something more formal. I know we are a long way off the expectations of Spurs or Arsenal. All my trips to Anfield were suit and tie jobs even to watch the Vale.

• Like 1

Agreed,  different markets, fans enjoying better facilities but  casual, whereas corporate or occasion guests may  expect something more formal. I know we are a long way off the expectations of Spurs or Arsenal. All my trips to Anfield were suit and tie jobs even to watch the Vale.

Clearly the market at Vale is not formal

100% seats sold