butt lane vale fan

Boxes and Sponsorship.

I went corporate on Boxing Day last season just to give some perspective on my comments. To be honest there were people in the sponsors area and general lounge that looked dressed for a Soup Kitchen rather than a 3 course Boxing Day meal and executive matchday experience.

I agree, some of the ill fitting suits and unpolished shoes on show were frankly embarrassing

It's a non issue. I could list 100 things that are infinitely more worthy of a 4 page thread. 

I could list 100 things to address rather than a completely sold out area

How the frig has chinos or a suit in a corporate area led to a 5 page thread.

Unbelievable. 

00:30.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Unbelievable. 

Differing opinions?

• Like 1

Irony? How on earth is it irony? Its so unironic that Alanis Morissette could write a song about it. 

Guitar Ray was being ironic

Some of course may miss that

Unbelievable. 

I like a good debate, its good for the grey cells

7 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

I like a good debate, its good for the grey cells

Your not wearing a suit with those cells are you sir?..... suit you sir..... what show was that from?

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm going as a Timmy Mallett lookalike.

Better not refuse me admission. 

fc8614a4bbc3eb1af4b691d62535fa1b.jpg

You do realise he was wearing nothing below the waist? 😳

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Protest threatened. I'm ashamed to be a Vale fan sometimes. 

There’s no obligation to join in. Just turn up in your scruffs and no one will know 👍

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Guitar Ray was being ironic

Some of course may miss that

I don't think you understand what irony means. 

I don't think you understand what irony means. 

This definition will suffice for me

“the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.”

56 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Wow. Just wow. This thread represents everything wrong with Vale fans and why we'll never get anywhere or attract big numbers. So there's a (fairly relaxed) dress code for the posh seats. Some people obviously disagree with that, but rather than actually see the other side of the argument or, God forbid, asking for clarification, there's talk of protests and how it's such an awful thing to do. 

Give over eh? For one, it seems sensible to me to give people who pay a decent chunk of money a higher class experience. By doing so, we may be able to attract better and bigger sponsorship. Secondly, it seems to me that the dress code allows a decent pair of dark jeans, trainers and a polo shirt or even t-shirt. Basically something even approaching smart. Thirdly, what happened to goodwill towards the owners who just paid 4 million+ to rid us of Smurf? If for that 4 million they can't make even minor changes without being threatened with protests then something is seriously, seriously wrong. 

I think some people need to decide if they enjoy supporting the Vale or just enjoy moaning. 

Well said that man. If you want to go dressed like a Ragtatter go back of the goal.

5 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

This definition will suffice for me

“the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.”

Is that a double irony :rollonthefloor:

5 hours ago, gavcradd said:

Wow. Just wow. This thread represents everything wrong with Vale fans and why we'll never get anywhere or attract big numbers. So there's a (fairly relaxed) dress code for the posh seats. Some people obviously disagree with that, but rather than actually see the other side of the argument or, God forbid, asking for clarification, there's talk of protests and how it's such an awful thing to do. 

Give over eh? For one, it seems sensible to me to give people who pay a decent chunk of money a higher class experience. By doing so, we may be able to attract better and bigger sponsorship. Secondly, it seems to me that the dress code allows a decent pair of dark jeans, trainers and a polo shirt or even t-shirt. Basically something even approaching smart. Thirdly, what happened to goodwill towards the owners who just paid 4 million+ to rid us of Smurf? If for that 4 million they can't make even minor changes without being threatened with protests then something is seriously, seriously wrong. 

I think some people need to decide if they enjoy supporting the Vale or just enjoy moaning. 

Spot on.  Every decision cannot be made by a vote with the whole fan base.  

To me the only issue is that what the dress code is should be known before you commit to the expense.  You then choose whether you then want to abide by what the dress code is.  For that reason only The Shanahans are right to delay implementation, but you really would have expected more goodwill from the fans towards 2 individuals who have just purchased very very expensive season tickets to benefit us all.

• Like 3

Spot on.  Every decision cannot be made by a vote with the whole fan base.  
To me the only issue is that what the dress code is should be known before you commit to the expense.  You then choose whether you then want to abide by what the dress code is.  For that reason only The Shanahans are right to delay implementation, but you really would have expected more goodwill from the fans towards 2 individuals who have just purchased very very expensive season tickets to benefit us all.

An issue was raised, politely, constructively & addressed

Some seem to want to continue the point...on and on
  • Like 1