butt lane vale fan

Boxes and Sponsorship.

Time to expand into the Robbie Williams area?

I know they have plans

They could make that area more formal and try and charge more ( Personally I doubt it would work but )

25 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Time to expand into the Robbie Williams area?

Have you ever been in there?  It looks like an overstocked car boot sale thanks to our former owner.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Have you ever been in there?  It looks like an overstocked car boot sale thanks to our former owner.

No, but I can imagine, empty spaces attract rubbish. 

29 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought that the roof was too low in there!

How about a bowling alley? 

19 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Great idea if they had given people the chance to decide, its now forced upon them.

Unprofessional, I expect better.

I suspect that if you are that unhappy and you contact Carol, she will be fair and give you your money back. Will it stop you going into that area?

I suspect that if you are that unhappy and you contact Carol, she will be fair and give you your money back. Will it stop you going into that area?

Its all in hand, but thank you for your concern. Carol has been very helpful, cheers

Wow. Just wow. This thread represents everything wrong with Vale fans and why we'll never get anywhere or attract big numbers. So there's a (fairly relaxed) dress code for the posh seats. Some people obviously disagree with that, but rather than actually see the other side of the argument or, God forbid, asking for clarification, there's talk of protests and how it's such an awful thing to do. 

Give over eh? For one, it seems sensible to me to give people who pay a decent chunk of money a higher class experience. By doing so, we may be able to attract better and bigger sponsorship. Secondly, it seems to me that the dress code allows a decent pair of dark jeans, trainers and a polo shirt or even t-shirt. Basically something even approaching smart. Thirdly, what happened to goodwill towards the owners who just paid 4 million+ to rid us of Smurf? If for that 4 million they can't make even minor changes without being threatened with protests then something is seriously, seriously wrong. 

I think some people need to decide if they enjoy supporting the Vale or just enjoy moaning. 

Edited by gavcradd
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Its all in hand, but thank you for your concern. Carol has been very helpful, cheers emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Thats good. She seems like a fair person. assume you will still be going in there and that its not really as much of an issue as people are making out then?

You've got to question the sanity of some of our supporters, kicking off about the pretty loose dress code being imposed in our posher seats.

If you want to wear trackie Bs and a T shirt then sit in one of the 14,000 spare seats in the common areas. If you won't smarten up to sit corporate then there's a waiting list of people who will.

You're not going down Saggermakers people, this is an executive experience that you should be dressing up for. I'd like to see Carol up the ticket prices. Need to price out the scruffy plebs that make the place look untidy.

Edited by bobbymanc
  • Like 3

It is a little odd to change the rules after someone has parted with their money.

The club recognised this, hence the email and temporary halt to the changes.

An extract

“Ha ing received mixed but emphatic “feedback” we feel that within our enthusiasm and excitement we haven’t worked in the collaborative manner that we always aspire to.”
  • Like 1

Thats good. She seems like a fair person. assume you will still be going in there and that its not really as much of an issue as people are making out then?

The “issue” was resolved, some seem to want to continue it

Yes I will be in my blue jeans, send me your mobile number I will text you a picture

1 minute ago, Row L said:

assume that its not really as much of an issue as people are making out then?

It's a non issue. I could list 100 things that are infinitely more worthy of a 4 page thread. 

• Like 1

Wow. Just wow. This thread represents everything wrong with Vale fans and why we'll never get anywhere or attract big numbers. So there's a (fairly relaxed) dress code for the posh seats. Some people obviously disagree with that, but rather than actually see the other side of the argument or, God forbid, asking for clarification, there's talk of protests and how it's such an awful thing to do. 
Give over eh? For one, it seems sensible to me to give people who pay a decent chunk of money a higher class experience. By doing so, we may be able to attract better and bigger sponsorship. Secondly, it seems to me that the dress code allows a decent pair of dark jeans, trainers and a polo shirt or even t-shirt. Basically something even approaching smart. Thirdly, what happened to goodwill towards the owners who just paid 4 million+ to rid us of Smurf? If for that 4 million they can't make even minor changes without being threatened with protests then something is seriously, seriously wrong. 
I think some people need to decide if they enjoy supporting the Vale or just enjoy moaning. 

Who has threatened protests ?

I went corporate on Boxing Day last season just to give some perspective on my comments. To be honest there were people in the sponsors area and general lounge that looked dressed for a Soup Kitchen rather than a 3 course Boxing Day meal and executive matchday experience.

13 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Having stepped back for a couple of hours to digest this thread, this dress code idea has started to boil my P155.  So much so that I’m in two minds if to protest at the first home game by wearing a suit in the Bycars to show solidarity with the VIP’s up there in the gods.

So if anyone spots a slimmer, balder, slightly more pished version of Rab C Nesbitt in The Bycars on Sat you’ll know why.

#SolidarityBrothers

Protest threatened. I'm ashamed to be a Vale fan sometimes. 

• Haha 1

You've got to question the sanity of some of our supporters, kicking off about the pretty loose dress code being imposed in our posher seats.
If you want to wear trackie Bs and a T shirt then sit in one of the 14,000 spare seats in the common areas. If you won't smarten up to sit corporate then there's a waiting list of people who will.
You're not going down Saggermakers people, this is an executive experience that you should be dressing up for. I'd like to see Carol up the ticket prices. Need to price out the scruffy plebs that make the place look untidy.

Personally, but its all down to opinion I think I dress very smartly.

No issue with price increases, supply & demand and all that, 100% occupancy with no need to resort to changing dress codes to achieve it

Its great