butt lane vale fan

Boxes and Sponsorship.

No blue jeans. I presume they mean tatty light ones. Fair enough. Very dark navy or black jeans and an Oxford Shirt is smart casual in every professional/workplace setting going, they can't have an issue with that.

Not a dig but being honest if I was paying out good money you should be allowed to dress as you wish,within reason of course,whats wrong with jeans and a hoody? only my opinion and I know a lot wont agree but its dress codes that stop me from going in a box to watch any football even when offered free tickets...its a footy match

• Like 1

That letter says for all hospitality areas, so I’m assuming that must apply to the Valiant suite then too?

Edited by PV1973

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Not a dig but being honest if I was paying out good money you should be allowed to dress as you wish,within reason of course,whats wrong with jeans and a hoody? only my opinion and I know a lot wont agree but its dress codes that stop me from going in a box to watch any football even when offered free tickets...its a footy match

To be fair, this is pretty common practice at a lot of clubs.  A mate of mine has a severely disabled son.  On the lad's 18th birthday my mate booked at box at St James' Park and he had to get special permission for the lad to wear a Newcastle shirt.

Great idea. It's a simple step to help improve standards throughout the club. If we want to target large corporates I believe they would want to see an element of professionalism and standards. Previously it was like a school canteen.

• Like 2

Great idea. It's a simple step to help improve standards throughout the club. If we want to target large corporates I believe they would want to see an element of professionalism and standards. Previously it was like a school canteen.

Great idea if they had given people the chance to decide, its now forced upon them.

Unprofessional, I expect better.
  • Like 1

Well if the weather is good enough to wear shorts I do. Does not make me a slob? And unwelcome at VP?

Edited by toyahw

Strange decision. Hope it's not rigidly enforced like some school dress code. What if Richard Branson shows up looking to invest?

Personally I disagree. I pay a lot of money for my jeans. So I can then pay a tenner for a tatty pair of trousers from Primark and suddenly I'm dressed to impress. 

A nice pair of jeans doesn't make you a scruff 

A joke, but like TD says, if it's been reviewed then fair do's. Given the enormity of the list of things needing doing, this was one easily avoided

A joke, but like TD says, if it's been reviewed then fair do's. Given the enormity of the list of things needing doing, this was one easily avoided

email is excellent response

Dear Hospitality Box Holder
Firstly, thank you for your support, as we enter our New Era at Port Vale. We are overwhelmed by the response of the fans and especially to you, our hospitality customers, who very quickly showed your support. Thanks to you, we now have a healthy, but frustrated (!), waiting list for our boxes and President seats.
Our aim throughout the club is to raise the standard and bring back the pride to Vale Park that we have all seen deteriorate over the last few years. To this end we emulated a number of other clubs and looked to introduce a dress code for hospitality. Having received mixed but emphatic “feedback” we feel that within our enthusiasm and excitement we haven’t worked in the collaborative manner that we always aspire to.
We have therefore, taken a decision to delay making any changes on the match day Hospitality Experience (other than the food of course). Over the first two home league matches (Northampton and Forest Green) we will look to canvas your opinions on everything from food, service and dress code so that we can produce a set of guidelines that everyone feels comfortable with.
Please can we emphasise that we can only influence off the pitch and not on!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Vale Park for the new season.
  • Like 5

That’s a good statement. Not really seeing the issue though. You wouldn’t get into even the cheapest paddock at Ascot or Aintree without a suit so why wear scratty jeans in supposedly presidential/corporate level seating. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 5