onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

He's literally their answer to any difficult question about their wretched party.

Talking of which, this is really ******* shameful.

UK arms sales to Saudi Arabia unlawful, court of appeal declares

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2019/jun/20/uk-arms-sales-to-saudi-arabia-for-use-in-yemen-declared-unlawful

And, oh, look!

"Three judges said that a decision made in secret in 2016 had led them to decide that Boris Johnson, Jeremy Hunt and Liam Fox and other key ministers had illegally signed off on arms exports without properly assessing the risk to civilians."

Boris was reprimanded for speaking out against dealing arms to the Saudis and the so called Proxy war.

Advert

Has anyone seen what happened with the climate breakdown protester who interrupted Phillip Hammonds Mansion House speech. Whilst she shouldn't have been in there (how did she get past security), she was peacefully protesting when Tory MP Mark Field who works for Hunt at the Foreign Office violently shoved her out by grabbing her neck. Seemed completely unnecessary and aggressive.

I think he'll walk it, Barry.

The membership is principally white, middle/upper class, over 50, and paranoid about competing with Farage.

And like all other politicians I suspect strongly that their primary motivation is to win seats at the next election rather than discuss Brexit sensibly.

His bigger problem will be with the electorate although the quality of leadership across all parties leaves a lot to be desired.

And the important thing to bear in mind is that Brexit isn't a party issue but a muddled complex topic that transcends party lines.

This "new" fascination with all things politics will carry on for some time.

The membership is principally white, middle/upper class, over 50, and paranoid about competing with Farage.

And like all other politicians I suspect strongly that their primary motivation is to win seats at the next election rather than discuss Brexit sensibly.

His bigger problem will be with the electorate although the quality of leadership across all parties leaves a lot to be desired.

And the important thing to bear in mind is that Brexit isn't a party issue but a muddled complex topic that transcends party lines.

And they all live in the Home Counties :whistling:

You may be right Nick, but history constantly reminds us of 'Et tu Brutus' behaviour.

Yes, you are right.

Has popularism reached Australia yet? Is it as polarised down under as it is now here?

In some ways yes, but it still struggles. In fact our current PM - Scott Morrison - fought the last Federal Election almost single handed presidential style. He is also blamed, in part, for orchestrating the demise of his predecessor and the previous PM Malcolm Turnbull.

Given the above it is understandable there is a nervousness in Australia that democratic authoritarianism seems to dominate all political and social life vis-à-vis political representation between the people, their leader and government.

I sometimes wonder Nick whether we still live in a world of revolution compared to popular reform.

Just think Sage it might have been a 70 year old,white middle/upper class person?

Hare Psychopathy Checklist

1. pathological lying

2. glib and superficial charm

3. grandiose sense of self

4. need for stimulation

5. cunning and manipulative

6. lack of remorse or guilt

7. shallow emotional response

8. callousness and lack of empathy

9. parasitic lifestyle

10. poor behavioral controls

11. sexual promiscuity

12. early behavior problems

13. lack of realistic long-term goals

14. impulsivity

15. irresponsibility

16. failure to accept responsibility

17. many short-term marital relationships

18. juvenile delinquency

19. revocation of conditional release

20. criminal versatility

Holy crap bat man........ I think everyone I ever met fits into that checklist somewhere. :yes:

i have decided to give Hunt a serious chance before I vote. He has a first from Oxford, successful businessman leading him to become a multi millionaire, done OK in major public offices. Steady private life, married with 3 children. Clearly a bright and thoughtful guy. Downside, well followed a poor Health Secretary in Andrew lansley and some of the toxic stuff about austerity and NHS issues has stuck to him. But on paper he has much more substance than Boris, who has been either a journalist or a politician but never a businessman.

Archived