onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

May on the way??

Jacko51

There are MPs who serve their constituents, others on ego trips and the trappings of power, some may do both. The biggest handicap on service is the party system and whips. Who gets the most attention the voters or the lobbyists.

Advert

I don't need to provide proof, it's you making the ridiculous and unfounded sweeping statements. I was at work yesterday and a family I work with were so desperate due to housing issues and it was only when they contacted their MP that things got sorted. When another local MP passed away, ordinary people lined the route of his hearse to pay their respects, not out of party loyalty but out of respect to a man who did his best for his constituents. Andy Burnham has been widely praised by the families of the victims of the Hillsborough tragedy for going out of his way to help their cause. These are just examples off the top of my head. Politically, I despise the tories but I'm sure that maybe 1 or 2 of their MPs go above and beyond for local people. Ruth Smeeth was singled out for praise by Carl Shanahan for her help regarding the take over and I've only heard good things about Joan Whalley.

They're humans, they're fallible, some are scumbags but many are not. I get that you don't trust them but it does them a disservice and is extremely boring to have to see your daily posts about how they're all the same, and liars and whatnot.

Did I ever say that all of the MPs always do the wrong thing?

They all lie... a basic implied promise by all candidates is to do what is best for the constituency..... yet often they a whipped into voting for the party line when it breaks that promise.

As an amusing, to me anyway, example..... "stupid woman"...... jezza said it.... everyone knows he said it..... I doubt anyone really believes he didn't say it.... but he had to deny it or suffer the consequences.

I don't blame him for making the factual statement..... she is a woman and appears at times to be/act stupidly... if he had admitted it he would have been in credit with me.... not that that is of any consequence to anything.

All politicians lie...... some lies have more serious consequences than others..... but they are still lies..... some are forced into a lie.... but it's still a lie.

I start from that premise....... it doesn't make me believin everything they say is a lie but it allows me to scrutinise what they are saying without the bias of believing it must be true because Y said it and I want to believe it.

As an aside...... I think any politician who claims to represent the constituency above all things is not being honest..... the priority is the party above all in the system we have.... that's why whips exist.

The function of the opposition is to keep the government in check and, if possible, to bring it down and replace it with their own party. The party system is built upon the other party is wrong..... even when they are right you will hear cries of it doesnt go far enough etc..... the system is not built on doing what is right for the country, it's all about control.....

There are MPs who serve their constituents, others on ego trips and the trappings of power, some may do both. The biggest handicap on service is the party system and whips. Who gets the most attention the voters or the lobbyists.

On the money mate.

Johnson is a grade 1 idiot.

Stop pretending he isn't.

He has been sacked twice.

His record as mayor was appalling. Bikes, bridges and 300k wasted on water cannons.

And clearly his personal life leaves a lot to be desired judging by what went on last night, and other issues.

Without doubt he's the worst Foreign Secretary in history and made more silly racist gaffs than Prince Philip.

He's lazy and does not learn his brief. Civil servants who have worked for him haven't got a good word to say about him.

What about that poor woman in Iran? He clearly made things better for her. He's an immature buffoon.

He said he'd lie down in front of the bulldozers to stop Heathrow being expanded. I can't wait to see that.

He once discussed having a journalist beaten up. Wonderful behaviour for a potential PM.

He told a pack of lies before the referendum, which in any case he wasn't sure about until the 11th hour.

70 million Turks coming here? Rubbish. £350 million a week for the NHS? Rubbish. The EU was going to ban prawn cocktail crisps? Rubbish.

He was in court the other week for lying.

Remember Hillsborough? He had to apologise for labelling Liverpool fans as drunkards and for playing a part in the disaster!

If anyone on here seriously thinks he's PM material I can supply you with a psychiatrist's number so that you can begin your treatment immediately.

Say what you like about Theresa May but at least she had integrity, a moral compass and wasn't an habitual liar.

We are thinking about our next PM here - to represent all of us - not a comedian with tousled hair who shoots from the hip and thinks later. Leave that for the Edinburgh Festival.

Aup Nick, any chance of a weekly bulletin? Sure as heck save time reading the papers and trawling though social media :wink:

So very true Bon'Ami with the lobbyists often promoted other than 'National interests e.g. our last Federal Election literally decided in the State of Queensland by lobbyists representing rich and powerful interests in India.

Good post ('thanks' isn't working). That's why I was pleased Corbyn didn't try and gain political mileage from the fact Gove took cocaine 20 years ago. It's difficult when the right own most of the media and their targeting of the likes of Corbyn (and Milliband before him) is so prevalent and hypocritical. Happily, I think most of the public just see through it now, especially the younger and more intelligent of us.

If that's the case then why don't you see through the blatant lies that everyone on the right is a far right racist?

Or do you see through it but choose to promote it anyway?

The media is quite clearly biased in favour of the left. I don't think Corbyn has had a hit piece written about him implying that he is beating his wife/partner just because.

Johnson is a grade 1 idiot.

Stop pretending he isn't.

He has been sacked twice.

His record as mayor was appalling. Bikes, bridges and 300k wasted on water cannons.

And clearly his personal life leaves a lot to be desired judging by what went on last night, and other issues.

Without doubt he's the worst Foreign Secretary in history and made more silly racist gaffs than Prince Philip.

He's lazy and does not learn his brief. Civil servants who have worked for him haven't got a good word to say about him.

What about that poor woman in Iran? He clearly made things better for her. He's an immature buffoon.

He said he'd lie down in front of the bulldozers to stop Heathrow being expanded. I can't wait to see that.

He once discussed having a journalist beaten up. Wonderful behaviour for a potential PM.

He told a pack of lies before the referendum, which in any case he wasn't sure about until the 11th hour.

70 million Turks coming here? Rubbish. £350 million a week for the NHS? Rubbish. The EU was going to ban prawn cocktail crisps? Rubbish.

He was in court the other week for lying.

Remember Hillsborough? He had to apologise for labelling Liverpool fans as drunkards and for playing a part in the disaster!

If anyone on here seriously thinks he's PM material I can supply you with a psychiatrist's number so that you can begin your treatment immediately.

Say what you like about Theresa May but at least she had integrity, a moral compass and wasn't an habitual liar.

We are thinking about our next PM here - to represent all of us - not a comedian with tousled hair who shoots from the hip and thinks later. Leave that for the Edinburgh Festival.

Such a strange post.

You actually use the fact that he was in court for lying last week but omit a fairly relevant fact that it was thrown out immediatly?

You claim Theresa May had integrity as if that is the most important quality of a PM. She goes down in history as a disastrous PM who had one job to do and failed.

You claim Theresa May is not a habitual liar despite the fact that she lied over 100 times in Parliament that we would leave in March.

Your Boris "lies" are in your opinion, not facts at all. Printing something on the side of a bus is not a lie. "Lets fund the NHS" is not a lie. If it's the £350m figure that you are so upset about then I have already provided you with a list of remainer lies that are as bad if not worse than that.

His "Racist" gaffes aren't really racist, the bongo bongo land one is as close as you'll get and I'll admit that is quite poor from him.

His record as Mayor might not be the best but at least he didn't spend most of his time insulting our biggest ally and most powerful man on the planet instead of focusing on his actual role. At least he didn't have an epidemic of knife crime. At least he didn't state that terrorism is part and parcel of living in London.

London would be a better place with him as Mayor now than Khan. That counts for something surely?

If that's the case then why don't you see through the blatant lies that everyone on the right is a far right racist?

Or do you see through it but choose to promote it anyway?

I don't think everyone on the right is racist and have never stated any such thing. I think Johnson is racist, just like others you defend like Carl, Trump and Farage, and yourself of course.

The media is quite clearly biased in favour of the left.

Out of all the incredibly moronic things you've written, this is probably the thickest and most brilliantly illustrates your dimwitted thinking. The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times, The Mail, The Express, The Sun. Are they left wing, like you claimed The Times and the NSPCC were? We have The Guardian (and even they undermine Corbyn at nearly every available opportunity) and The Mirror, sometimes The Indie.

I don't think Corbyn has had a hit piece written about him implying that he is beating his wife/partner just because.

Not that, no. Maybe that's because his partner hasn't been heard screaming “get off me” and “get out of my flat” in the middle of the night. If that had been heard, I'm sure it would have been on all the front pages too. I'm also sure you and your cronies would be making much more of it than you have of this.

As it is, Corbyn just has to make do with stories dragging up his ancestors, mentioning he had relationships after splitting with his wife and the fact he ate baked beans out of the tin.

Archived