onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

F

Will get my boots out then.

Sure I could give Lloyd a run for his money.

What a bore you’re being. We get you don’t like Lloyd. Does JA have to get your approval for every signing. Let him get on with his job and I suggest you get on with yours.

Your Dodds obsession is frankly weird too. Yes it didn’t work out last year but Doddsy has been a hell of a servant for Port Vale and is Vale through & through and deserves more respect.

Advert

I think you have misunderstood my quote as it was a dig at our friend who has slated Dodds in virtually every post on virtually every day and has now taken to slating Lloyd even before he has signed

I wonder who that could possibly be

OK P&G Dave you have made your point.

That’s the pot calling the kettle black if ever I saw it!

Remind me Ernie, what’s your opinion on Lloyd? I don’t think you have made it clear! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Tell you what, I will stop when you do! 👍

Why not reserve comment on Lloyd until he has signed and performed poorly. Doing it now just makes it look like another of your weird fetish vendettas!

I've never seen such an aggressive reaction to a signing. Ever.

'Aberration'

Calm down lads.

He might be bad. He might not. None of us have seen him play in years apart from one game last season. What's the worst case? He's a cheap, rarely used squad player the manager likes. That is, the literal, worst case scenario, and some are knocking about on here like we're negotiating to bring back Reggie and Gezim Shalaj on 5 year, £3k a week contracts. I've never seen such outrage at a signing in my life. Martin Paterson got a better reception than this.

Same forum were absolutely ecstatic at the signing of a forward with 2 league goals at the age of 29 with a criminal record last season.

Chill lads. See you when the season starts.

Whilst I agree that Lloyd doesn't exactly fill me with excitement, we are not going to have 2 top class players for every position and we're going to need squad players that can fill in when necessary. Askey knows Lloyd, knows that he can trust him and he's not over the hill like Dodds. It's better than him bringing in an unknown loan player who he doesn't know at all. That would be a waste of a wage if it doesn't work out.

Askey will need to use his budget wisely, so I expect we'll see 4 or 5 come in on a high wage and then another 4 or 5 on smaller wages to fill out the squad.

If he brings in 10 Lloyd's then I might worry, but let's wait and see before making judgement.

The problem with Ryan Lloyd.

He’s 25. He’s had 4 contracts with us, over 7 years, under many managers and never made it.

He then went to non league and didn’t really pull up any trees.

At Macclesfield he played under John and scored 4 goals in their promotion season.

In league 2 he started but then went out of favour under Sol Campbell. They almost got relegated and released him.

Now, the lads in his mid 20s and hasn’t kicked on.

If this was a player who wasn’t connected with us in the past, it wouldn’t be a problem. But it becomes one because we’ve seen him play. He’s not really very good. I know that’s harsh but he isn’t going to improve what we have. BUT we have to trust Askey. We have no choice.

So assemble your squad John (keep in mind he wants Crookes who I think is woeful) the fans will back you but don’t say you weren’t warned if it goes **** up.

He’s playing a dangerous game in signing Lloyd because if he fails and becomes a waste of a wage then there is no chairman/owner who will be taking the flak if results go bad.

On his head be it.

We just have to hope he can get a tune out of a player who nobody really wants back, simply because he is non league standard.

Some players play better for certain managers perhaps Lloyd will be one of them?

Perhaps he will be total crap but give him a frigging chance he hasn’t even put on his Vale crop top yet

We also have this line crop up every summer. “Give him a chance”.

This is different. He’s had 7 years of chances with us and has just been released by a club in a worst state than us!!!!

He’s had enough chances.

He’s crap.

We have just spent the last two seasons with the dead men near the bottom of the worst league in professional 92 clubs football .

So Ryan Lloyd who is been labelled as crap is no crapper than the players (most of them )who have represented us since a F.A Cup third round defeat v Exeter years ago where we lost 2-0 and Page subsequently lost his job eventually .

Its been downhill ever since .

So whoever we sign hopefully they can give us more than what we are used to getting .

Askey wouldnt have been my choice but he is the majority of folk on this forums choice so its up to him to put a side out who play that well that there is little room for criticism .

His signings could fel together and ne superb on the other hand he may be loyal to players who will only ever be low end near the bottom of league two players and never amount to much more than that .

UTV

We Will see personally not excited about Legge staying and Worralls only a one in five player so for me just squad players but if Asket thinks there first teamers then they have to justify there roles .

Brown and Oyeleke are the only players who should play all 46 games .

Pope a sub mainly so we have 9 first team places up for grabs .

Whilst I agree that Lloyd doesn't exactly fill me with excitement, we are not going to have 2 top class players for every position and we're going to need squad players that can fill in when necessary. Askey knows Lloyd, knows that he can trust him and he's not over the hill like Dodds. It's better than him bringing in an unknown loan player who he doesn't know at all. That would be a waste of a wage if it doesn't work out.

Askey will need to use his budget wisely, so I expect we'll see 4 or 5 come in on a high wage and then another 4 or 5 on smaller wages to fill out the squad.

If he brings in 10 Lloyd's then I might worry, but let's wait and see before making judgement.

Yes spot on, he needs players that will work hard for the squad, a good balance that's what he will try an achieve, keep believing keep positive UP The Vale

Archived