onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

I agree complete speculation. If Norman cares about the actual football he’s want the whole squad gone again but this time buy in decent budgeted players.

The problem with Whitfield is that he can’t play centre back.His defending capabilities are poor but with decent service he can run and beat people.We are definitely short of ball players and players who can beat the defender but Aspin would father play people with limited ability like Vassell.If Aspin is stupid enough not to play Whitfield and allow him to leave he deserves to go or be sacked.Its difficult to take that we can only attract players from the fourth tier of the Spanish league or part time Irish players who don’t want to come anyway.Seems that Aspin can only attract the odd non league player and is not capable of persuading decent league players to play for the club.

What a let down that after getting exited about spending 400k on players we end up with a 4th level Spanish league player as our only signing.

I like Whitfield but he can only last for 1/2 a game. He is in my opinion an impact player better suited to coming off the bench as the opposition tire.

That said I wouldn't want him to leave us now as we need anyone who is capable of getting us a goal at this time.

Have Whitfield and Conlon ever completed 90 minutes?

Thats whats great about opinions as I totally disagree, I think his fitness levels are as good as the effort he puts in, even when he's playing badly, the same as Miller, the problem was, Aspin for nigh on two months used them both as scapegoats for what invariably were HT score line deficits, and where for 6-8 games, one would start and largely down to our tactics do little for 45 minutes, so he would then bring the other one on, who and in part because the opposition players tired and the game got stretched would do well.

Next game the two would swap with the one that finished the previous game starting and the on didn't coming on at HT, frankly it was a disastrous ploy, which I am guessing shot the confidence of both players to pieces!

I said before, so bad does it appear to be with the lad, and though I would love Whits to start tomorrow up front with Miller, with two new forwards to accommodate, I can genuinely see him not even being in the squad, which unless the young man has signed for someone else is beyond the defence of even the most ardent of Aspin supporters......we shall see

I wouldn't be surprised if, after Miller's allegedly indifferent performance at Brizzle, he didn't start with either him or Whitfield (who will probably be gone by then anyway). Elliot and Harris up front? Nothing would surprise me these days.

So here we have it: a side pushing for promotion is by all accounts looking to sign one of our best players, one of the few who can get goals out of very little, to solve their goalscoring problem; while we, struggling to avoid relegation and one of the lowest goalscorers in the League, seem perfectly happy to see him go. We'll see what happens but whether it's Norman or Aspin who is prepared to let him go, it's complete folly for a club in our position. The tactics of the madhouse.

Someone wake me up please - this surely can't be happening.

It seems that from trawling the lower echelons of Europe we are now reduced to considering part time players from Irish league to solve our striking problems.

Are they just making up numbers in the squad?

Just shows how far we have fallen.

Are these players any better than we have already got?

Is Aspin just playing at signing chancers instead of decent League players so he is sacked or is he just incompetent at attracting players to play for the club.

It seems that from trawling the lower echelons of Europe we are now reduced to considering part time players from Irish league to solve our striking problems.

Are they just making up numbers in the squad?

Just shows how far we have fallen.

Are these players any better than we have already got?

Is Aspin just playing at signing chancers instead of decent League players so he is sacked or is he just incompetent at attracting players to play for the club.

I don’t believe there was ever anything in the Irish striker story. If you read the piece in the Belfast paper it looked very much like the player’s agent using our name to provoke a bid from elsewhere.

Archived