onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Anyone have any idea where have these rumours about signing yet another forward from NI come from?

If true, and we signed whoever it is(not holding my breath though) that would leave us, Elliot, Harris, Whitfield(if he stays) Miller, the new guy (if it happened)and when he returns Pope, who, if he can stand up will no doubt go straight back into the team for the barrage that awaits, and all those for a team that for the last two months at least has played with one up front!!

On top of the way Aspin has both treated and recently cold shouldered him, it's another reason why, if the rumours about Whitfield are true, given that choice,he is likely to go in a heart beat, which like many, I would be really disappointed and annoyed about, but which with you couldn't blame him in the least for.

Equally if I was Miller, despite publicly stating he wanted to stay and fight for his place (the type of attitude we definitely need at this moment in time)but then saw a third forward arrive, I would probably use the last days of the window to revisit that decision, in fact more likely insist on a loan, especially if, like Whitfield he spends a moment reflecting on how he too has been ignored and cold shouldered by Aspin.

If that happened as well, on top of the my levels of anger and frustration rising further, I would again, be equally disappointed, as I genuinely feel, played in the right way, he could yet score loads in this division!

Lastly on top of all this, and what to me represents the biggest disappointment, is there are still no signs or news, not that I am aware of anyway, about any strengthening in the one area where improvement is desperately needed most, in midfield.

Please don't let it be it's because it's where a lot of his favourites play, as over the last couple of months, bar the rare stand out performance, they have been, both individually and collectively shocking...

Advert

Anyone have any idea where have these rumours about signing yet another forward from NI come from?

If true, and we signed whoever it is(not holding my breath though) that would leave us, Elliot, Harris, Whitfield(if he stays) Miller, the new guy (if it happened)and when he returns Pope, who, if he can stand up will no doubt go straight back into the team for the barrage that awaits, and all those for a team that for the last two months at least has played with one up front!!

On top of the way Aspin has both treated and recently cold shouldered him, it's another reason why, if the rumours about Whitfield are true, given that choice,he is likely to go in a heart beat, which like many, I would be really disappointed and annoyed about, but which with you couldn't blame him in the least for.

Equally if I was Miller, despite publicly stating he wanted to stay and fight for his place (the type of attitude we definitely need at this moment in time)but then saw a third forward arrive, I would probably use the last days of the window to revisit that decision, in fact more likely insist on a loan, especially if, like Whitfield he spends a moment reflecting on how he too has been ignored and cold shouldered by Aspin.

If that happened as well, on top of the my levels of anger and frustration rising further, I would again, be equally disappointed, as I genuinely feel, played in the right way, he could yet score loads in this division!

Lastly on top of all this, and what to me represents the biggest disappointment, is there are still no signs or news, not that I am aware of anyway, about any strengthening in the one area where improvement is desperately needed most, in midfield.

Please don't let it be it's because it's where a lot of his favourites play, as over the last couple of months, bar the rare stand out performance, they have been, both individually and collectively shocking...

It was a rumour in a Belfast paper which has been denied by the club, which became true because it get plastered over rumours boards. What has been said is we would like to bring in two more players. One would be a forward with experience at this level.

Whether it's right or wrong to drop players when out of form; there have been few players in the club who have consistently put in a run of good performances and haven't deserved to be dropped. I think there are only 4 players who have played every game when fit, so if there is a list of favourites it's pretty small. Whitfield particularly is very in and out. When he's good he is good but more often he's been anonymous. That was probably the reason nobody else took a chance on him when he was available for free. He needs to find a way to contribute when not playing well, which good players do. Different player to Dodds but has the same frustrating habit of one great game in 5 then disappearing rather than having a poor games. Disappearing is worse than playing poorly as you play with a man short. It wouldn't shock me if Colchester have put in a low bid as there are a lot of positives to him as a player but can't imagine they'd break the bank. There's nothing unusual in clubs making enquires, we will have made a few dozen this window.

When you look at that Colchester game once Whitfield moved out to the wing him and gibbons started to cause them some problems, so it doesn’t surprise me that they’re looking at him probably based on that second half performance from him.

Whitfield is pretty much the ONLY player i watch who can get me off my seat with excitement , his mazy runs , dribbling and pace scare defenders.

It bugs the hell out of me when people go on about ' going missing '. That was always levelled at Dodds and the much hated Jennison.

The very reason they are in League 2 is due to inconsistency, otherwise they'd be higher up the food chain.

When you look back, Jennison was one of the best players we have had on the wing since the glory 90's . Scored double figures, numerous assists.

Yet all he got was abuse because he was deemed lazy.

My opinion and nobody will change it is that there is still some underlying issue lingering from last season when his agent interfered . Aspin is clearly prone to tantrums as was seen with his toys out of the pram for people daring to boo and i reckon he still harbours a grudge against Whitfield.

Only he sees what goes on in training but Whitfield, Miller and Worrall are all players completely thrown to the wolves at times by Aspin.

If you want to harp on about ' missing ' players i'd suggest that the list could probably involve everybody apart from the unanimous player of the season Scott Brown .

Quite simply Ben Whitfield is an inexperienced young lad playing in a struggling poor side. If he is lucky enough to join an upwardly mobile side just watch him flourish.

Give me 10 Whitfields or Jennisons any day over some plodding crab who just goes from side to side.

Whitfield is pretty much the ONLY player i watch who can get me off my seat with excitement , his mazy runs , dribbling and pace scare defenders.

It bugs the hell out of me when people go on about ' going missing '. That was always levelled at Dodds and the much hated Jennison.

The very reason they are in League 2 is due to inconsistency, otherwise they'd be higher up the food chain.

When you look back, Jennison was one of the best players we have had on the wing since the glory 90's . Scored double figures, numerous assists.

Yet all he got was abuse because he was deemed lazy.

My opinion and nobody will change it is that there is still some underlying issue lingering from last season when his agent interfered . Aspin is clearly prone to tantrums as was seen with his toys out of the pram for people daring to boo and i reckon he still harbours a grudge against Whitfield.

Only he sees what goes on in training but Whitfield, Miller and Worrall are all players completely thrown to the wolves at times by Aspin.

If you want to harp on about ' missing ' players i'd suggest that the list could probably involve everybody apart from the unanimous player of the season Scott Brown .

Quite simply Ben Whitfield is an inexperienced young lad playing in a struggling poor side. If he is lucky enough to join an upwardly mobile side just watch him flourish.

Give me 10 Whitfields or Jennisons any day over some plodding crab who just goes from side to side.

Christ what any of us wouldn’t give for JMW now. It was ridiculous how he wasn’t appreciated and even vilified by some on the forum.

That lad was a different gravy.

When you look at that Colchester game once Whitfield moved out to the wing him and gibbons started to cause them some problems, so it doesn’t surprise me that they’re looking at him probably based on that second half performance from him.
Showed him in his best light, a video of the Luton game would clinch it. Why not a cheeky bid? Under used, ill used, inconsistent? Only a change of club or manager would through more light on him. I prefer him to stay. Did we not sign Tudor based on one game?

Well if Whitfield is sold just to put more money into Smurfs back pocket I’m finished with the Vale !

Typical January transfer period 6 players released and replaced with 3 reducing the wage bill one of our better players rumoured to be sold similar to Grant and Ainwick and the outcome will be the same RELEGATION !

A good manager gets the best out of his players. I do not believe our squad is any worse than at least half of this awful standard league. For a manager to have so many issues with players is beyond me, I'm pretty sure if Aspin had Gazza in his prime in the squad he wouldn't play him as we all know was a lively chap.

I like Whitfield but he can only last for 1/2 a game. He is in my opinion an impact player better suited to coming off the bench as the opposition tire.

That said I wouldn't want him to leave us now as we need anyone who is capable of getting us a goal at this time.

I like Whitfield but he can only last for 1/2 a game. He is in my opinion an impact player better suited to coming off the bench as the opposition tire.

That said I wouldn't want him to leave us now as we need anyone who is capable of getting us a goal at this time.

Thats whats great about opinions as I totally disagree, I think his fitness levels are as good as the effort he puts in, even when he's playing badly, the same as Miller, the problem was, Aspin for nigh on two months used them both as scapegoats for what invariably were HT score line deficits, and where for 6-8 games, one would start and largely down to our tactics do little for 45 minutes, so he would then bring the other one on, who and in part because the opposition players tired and the game got stretched would do well.

Next game the two would swap with the one that finished the previous game starting and the on didn't coming on at HT, frankly it was a disastrous ploy, which I am guessing shot the confidence of both players to pieces!

I said before, so bad does it appear to be with the lad, and though I would love Whits to start tomorrow up front with Miller, with two new forwards to accommodate, I can genuinely see him not even being in the squad, which unless the young man has signed for someone else is beyond the defence of even the most ardent of Aspin supporters......we shall see

Archived