onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but:

At the start of the window we would all of said that we need a striker or two, and to strengthen the wing back areas.

So we've signed a left back/Centre back who was probably man of the match last game, a kid who aspo has said is for the future but had to play due to lack of numbers, and a striker who comes well rated from another league 2 club.

Speculation about another experienced striker coming in and no real direct quotes on Whitfield that suggest he's going.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no happy clapper and I'm certainly not impressed with our current position or the chairman. But on the face of it we've done ok this window surely?

Granted if Clark's called back and we lose Whitfield ill eat my words.

He's played 41 minutes in the last 12 months and not at all since October. If we'd signed him with that record some on here would have gone into meltdown.

I'd agree. The amount of injuries he's picked up could have had a big impact on him as a player. Every signing is a bit of a gamble.

At the start of the window we would all of said that we need a striker or two, and to strengthen the wing back areas.

So we've signed a left back/Centre back who was probably man of the match last game, a kid who aspo has said is for the future but had to play due to lack of numbers, and a striker who comes well rated from another league 2 club.

Speculation about another experienced striker coming in and no real direct quotes on Whitfield that suggest he's going.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no happy clapper and I'm certainly not impressed with our current position or the chairman. But on the face of it we've done ok this window surely?

On what we know rather than what people think we currently aren't any worse off than when we entered the window. Whether that remains the case who knows. Post some rubbish on Twitter and half Vale Park reacts as if it's fact.

Someone has mentioned on Twitter we haven't signed this other striker yet, until Whitfield goes. Is it a case Aspin has been told there is no money and he's got to off load Whitfield to bring a loan in.

No not the case at all. Posted this 5/6 times now the chairman is the one who wants to keep Whitfield. Aspin dosent.

We have been banging on for weeks and weeks that we need proven quality in the team, over and above another group of young hopefuls. The odd one is fine but if you stuff your team with young lads and ex non league boys then you end up where we are in the Table, fighting the drop. The balance isn't right.

You simply have to have a number of tough, tall, experienced pros at this level or you get steamrollered like Colchester did to us. Men against boys. Pope is a massive miss and we have no ready made replacement as a target man. Not only that but we'll also have a problem now as to who marks the two opposition centre backs when they go up for corners. Miller? I don't think so.

Currently we are worse off in the window than when we started - because there's no Pope, Elliott, in the manager's words isn't yet ready, and we've brought in only Harris up front. Crookes I hope does well but defence wasn't an immediate priority. But there's no Kanu, Dodds or Barnett any longer in the squad, even off the bench.

We have got 5 days to strengthen the team. Let's hope we don't regret not investing a bit of the Hugill money. We have some very hard games ahead.

We have been banging on for weeks and weeks that we need proven quality in the team, over and above another group of young hopefuls. The odd one is fine but if you stuff your team with young lads and ex non league boys then you end up where we are in the Table, fighting the drop. The balance isn't right.

You simply have to have a number of tough, tall, experienced pros at this level or you get steamrollered like Colchester did to us. Men against boys. Pope is a massive miss and we have no ready made replacement as a target man. Not only that but we'll also have a problem now as to who marks the two opposition centre backs when they go up for corners. Miller? I don't think so.

Currently we are worse off in the window than when we started - because there's no Pope, Elliott, in the manager's words isn't yet ready, and we've brought in only Harris up front. Crookes I hope does well but defence wasn't an immediate priority. But there's no Kanu, Dodds or Barnett any longer in the squad, even off the bench.

We have got 5 days to strengthen the team. Let's hope we don't regret not investing a bit of the Hugill money. We have some very hard games ahead.

Just hope we manage to keep hold of Whitfield.

That’s if Aspin picks him.

We can’t compete with Cambridge or Derry ,

Walka,according to some.A striker next and like you say we’ve done ok.We could have signed nobody and kept a few whipping boys for the baying mob or just do like most of League 2 have done and signed just the one or two.

I have some shirts if you are still interested.

Jh

If Elliott isn’t ready why bother sign him?

Aspin should be concentrating on getting decent players into the team instead of gambling with young players not ready for the team.

Is it that he can’t attract decent players to the club.

Can’t see he is any better than Angus who at least has a goal in him.

Archived