onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

Whats the record for number of centre backs a club has ?

wouldn't matter so much if any of them scored a few goals as well

To be fair Remie Street was our top goalscorer in the side that got relegated... :laugh:

Why the hell are we looking at centre halves? So far we have:

Nathan Smith

Leon Legge

Connell Rawlinson

Theo Vassell

Joe Davis

Adam Crookes

And are apparently looking at

Remmie Streete

Kyle Howkins

Meanwhile, in the striking department we have:

Tom Pope (Injured)

Ricky Miller

Dior Angus (Loaned out to Barrow)

Dan Turner

Louis Dodds/Ben Whitfield (More attacking midfielders)

And on the wings:

Cristian Montano

David Worrall

What the hell is going on?!

I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking for a centre half whos more comfortable on the ball that Nathan Smith is and maybe even a bit more commanding in the air too.

But I still think our main problems lie in front of the defence.

I'm not as uptight as some of you are about chasing Howkins because he's better than any of our current defenders and would be a big asset to our back four.

I see no reason why we can't try for him at the same time as chasing forward players. They are not mutually exclusive.

I do agree, however, that our priorities should be two strikers (now Pope is injured), a winger and a creative midfielder. But we've been saying that and told we were planning for the window way back at the end of November and yet again nothing to date has happened, into the third week of the month.

Why? This is because we are scraping the barrel and going cheap cheap again. If we really meant serious business and we really wanted to assure our league status we'd have signed a couple by now. Money talks. But we want players for next to nothing.

No doubt our lord and master thinks, like last year, that we'll escape the trapdoor without further spending, and again is prepared to gamble with the Club as we spiral forever downwards.

To be fair Remie Street was our top goalscorer in the side that got relegated... :laugh:

Why the hell are we looking at centre halves? So far we have:

Nathan Smith

Leon Legge

Connell Rawlinson

Theo Vassell

Joe Davis

Adam Crookes

And are apparently looking at

Remmie Streete

Kyle Howkins

Meanwhile, in the striking department we have:

Tom Pope (Injured)

Ricky Miller

Dior Angus (Loaned out to Barrow)

Dan Turner

Louis Dodds/Ben Whitfield (More attacking midfielders)

And on the wings:

Cristian Montano

David Worrall

You know Aspin likes to be defensive in his attack formations. 9 defenders, 1 striker and a goalie. Can beat that can you. Oh you can when our defensive is generous beyond belief and allow players through.

We're crying out for a marquee signing, someone that sends a message to other prospective players that we mean business, so come and join us. But we aren't an attractive proposition so how do we achieve that other than chucking lots of money at it?

We're crying out for a marquee signing, someone that sends a message to other prospective players that we mean business, so come and join us. But we aren't an attractive proposition so how do we achieve that other than chucking lots of money at it?

Raid Smurthwaite's sweetie jar

Given the severity of our situation, I was hoping that over November/December we would have concluded a couple of early deals, ready to be signed and announced on January 1st. We're 16 days into the window and we've signed a centre half that we don't need!

I should have known better. This is Norman's Port Vale.

Yeah we could still do with a few more defenders

hqdefault.jpg

We’ve certainly got s lot of toilets in the team at present!

We have signed 2 players so far and we fans don’t even really recognise the fact, given we signed yet another defender a Spanish pub level footballer...

Feels great being a Vale fan.

Mr H has also described exactly my Vale watching these days, people are voting with their feet big time already, Smurf clearly choosing to block all this out!

Madness rumbles on!

Archived