onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

I said at the start of the season that as a side we have no identity at all.

We’re not a big ugly side who battle and outmuscle sides and certainly we aren’t a neat and tidy smaller quick side who move it about quickly.

We’re a nothing side and it’s showing and will almost certainly end In relegation to the national league.

Every side I’ve seen at Vale this season have been stronger than us and bigger. We look like a junior side when you look at us.

You’ve got to blame Aspin for the way he’s signed in the summer and not really had any kind of plan as to how he wants us to set up.

The clubs in a mess and needs the manager out and the owner out

Supposed to be signing an "experienced L2 striker" according to Twitter.

I've got a weird feeling it will be someone like Chris Dagnall, ie the wrong side of 30, scored a few in their younger days but with their career on the decline.

Suppose that's the best we can hope for with Norman at the helm.

Agent talk. Don't believe it.

We have a player who has just scored 12 goals this season but has been sent out on loan again.

He was sent to Nuneaton to do a job did it so Aspin loans him out to Barrow.Aspin really has a problem with man management and has already upset Gibbons,Miller,Worrall,Quigley and Kanu by not picking them in the squad then expects them to bust a gut when they are picked.

Neil we have a player who can score goals already at the club but you are still searching for the Holy Grail when it is in front of your face.

When it comes to us talking about players physiques some of them are quite young like Gibbons, Whitfield, Clark, Conlon. They've got a long way to go in their careers to put any bulk on. Question is though do they really want to become league 2 bruisers in muscle mass? Fullbacks and wingers don't need to be massive and if they were it could hinder their style of play.

Smiths height is often mentioned, but he wins more than he doesn't. But arguably I think we need a bigger central midfielder and someone else for up top too.

For us we play a long ball game without the massive players. Yet I think we can play some good football with the Gibbons, Clarks, Whitfields, Conlons, Worralls of this world. Apart from the Lincoln home game I don't think we've necessarily been outmuscled as a side, most teams have turned up and played better football than us in the main I feel. I wouldn't say lack of size is why we are where we are either.

Here's a BBC clip on Michael McCrudden, touted as a possible new signing, complete with short video interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46584428

It's not that he is another lower league footballer that bothers me, it's the fact that we seem to be relying on these players when we're in dire need of a few more experienced and proven L1 or L2 players.

So far Sykes has had 10 minutes in the checkatrade and was an unused sub in the league.

Bearing in mind Oxford are in the bottom 4 , he still not yet ready for first team action.

Not sure he'd of helped much this season in our predicament.

Guess we'll never know, that ship has sailed, but i wasn't crying when we missed out.

Here's a BBC clip on Michael McCrudden, touted as a possible new signing, complete with short video interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46584428

It's not that he is another lower league footballer that bothers me, it's the fact that we seem to be relying on these players when we're in dire need of a few more experienced and proven L1 or L2 players.

This is the point, if we were comfortably mid-table and were looking at Spanish 5th division trialists I don't think anyone would be bothered.

The fact is we are falling like a stone and relegation looks inevitable and we're taking punts on unknowns. To further compound things, we have earned £2.7m since January 2017!

Does Norman even realise the severity of our position?

Are we certain that Aspo signed him, or was he another of Smurthwaite's signings? Would certainly explain Aspo's reluctance to use him, by sending him out on loan is perhaps Aspo trying to make a stand against Smurthwaite?

Smacks to me of a signing that Nuneaton made in reality, Smurf trying to help the club indirectly, by injecting more money in than just buying the ground. Things turned a little sour, so now Vale recall and then try and make a little bit of money on Angus in the short term to the end of his contract

I’ve said this in a previous thread but this really smells a little fishy.

We know what Smurf did to page, lowered his budget, offered him a lower contract... made him leave ultimately, Smurf was surprisingly very open about this after the event.

The bit that smells fishy is this, he promises £400k for new players, then sends a private message to a fan on twitter saying that Aspin doesn’t want it and then Aspin comes out to say he’s looking at loans only???? Fishy? Smacks of Smurf pulling the rug hoping Aspin walks because he doesn’t want to sack him and pay the required exit compensation.

Will this back fire on Smurf? Smells like to me that Aspin is in a standoff with Smurf, simply playing within the confines of the tools he has (no money) so loans only it is!

Smurf then starts to bring players into the club to try and ‘force’ through another route Apsin out.... will Aspin walk? NOT A CHANCE - would you?

When will the stand off end? Will it come too late and Smurf/Vale miss the transfer window to get the players in that we so badly need to avoid being further dragged into the relegation spots...

Seems like a fishy story that will continue to smell for some time to come.

Unless of course we lose again Saturday, will Smurf hand be forced?? It should! But will it?

Will it be too late? Maybe, but let’s hope not!

Archived