onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

The bit that smells fishy is this, he promises £400k for new players, then sends a private message to a fan on twitter saying that Aspin doesn’t want it and then Aspin comes out to say he’s looking at loans only????

Gorm likes to think he is a Grandmaster Chess playing, KGB agent provocateur by sending out PMs and emails to fans who he thinks will publicly spread the contents, or fans who he thinks are influential. Through him directly, through his PENNYBLACK account, and through his 'Mushroom' username on the Torquay forum when he was said to be interested in buying.

In reality

mLBghhN.jpg

Advert

Supposed to be signing an "experienced L2 striker" according to Twitter.

I've got a weird feeling it will be someone like Chris Dagnall, ie the wrong side of 30, scored a few in their younger days but with their career on the decline.

Suppose that's the best we can hope for with Norman at the helm.

What about Nile Ranger a real nutter but pedigree for goals, short term could do good job!

Ach, what's the ******* point of getting striker when all we do (and all Aspin seems willing to consistently get his team to do) is to hoof it up the pitch? We could have Tony Naylor and he wouldn't get a sniff if he is as isolated as our striker generally is.

To be honest, I don't even know why I even come on here any more. Boredom probably. I've gone from season ticket holder, travelling to as many away matched as possible, to cherry picking games , to mainly listening on Valiant Player to where I am now which is not even subscribing to that and just checking scores on my phone. Nice legacy, Norm.

You have just described me there Mr H .

Done a night shift in the past, no sleep, in the car to Plymouth or Sunderland a couple of hours later.

Now I'm resorting to picking my games , rarely listen on the radio if I don't go.

Rely on updates from mates to tell me the score.

The whole thing has become a chore, the malaise at the club is catching up on hardened fans.

Having walked out after 70 minutes on Saturday I'll not be back till Notts County away, that's only for a few sherbets and good day out ( usually ruined by the 90 mins in between ).

Thanks Smurthwaite and also I'm sorry but Aspin is also responsible for the way I feel after 47 years support

Done a night shift in the past, no sleep, in the car to Plymouth or Sunderland a couple of hours later.

Now I'm resorting to picking my games , rarely listen on the radio if I don't go.

The whole thing has become a chore, the malaise at the club is catching up on hardened fans.

Having walked out after 70 minutes on Saturday I'll not be back till Notts County away, that's only for a few sherbets and good day out ( usually ruined by the 90 mins in between ).

Thanks Smurthwaite and also I'm sorry but Aspin is also responsible for the way I feel after 47 years support

This is a reoccurring theme mate. There are many ex fans who have deserted the Club during Smurthwaite's reign of terror. Hardened season ticket holders and fans who attend regularly have become so dissolusioned with the dictator's attitudes. The Club is dying on its feet.

I am one of those who have soldiered on through the bad times home and away, spending an absolute fortune watching my favourites. It's been in the blood so to speak and as such I used to decry anyone who suggested they were not attending for whatever reason. Not now. This man has drained all life out of Port Vale FC and my way of telling him he's not wanted is simply not to go. Feeble, I admit although of course I'm willing to take part in peaceful, lawful protests. But my gut say he simply would take NO notice of us. He is ill with egotism. He has no respect in his body for anything other than Smurthwaite.

I applaud all the efforts being made by posters on here and facebook etc and will offer my services if needed. I am also prepared to spend some of my cash on any worthwhile kitty for banners, flags, cards or other needed resources for ousting the reason why we are in this position.

I want my Saturday's back supporting Port Vale.

Can't get to many games these days but I had planned to go to Crawley on Saturday by co-inciding it with a visit to the missus's family. The form we're in though, and the crisis in the club, coupled with the prospect of a long drive around the M25 followed by a game of hoofball in the freezing cold, is all too much. We just need a bit of hope - a new owner and manager would be nice - and the usual diehard fervour would come back but, right now, it feels like flogging a dead horse.

Who knows what it will come to - maybe we will have to become the new AFC Wimbledon to escape the current nightmare - but it would just serve Norman right to lose everything after his vacuous boasts about his business acumen.

Can't get to many games these days but I had planned to go to Crawley on Saturday by co-inciding it with a visit to the missus's family. The form we're in though, and the crisis in the club, coupled with the prospect of a long drive around the M25 followed by a game of hoofball in the freezing cold, is all too much. We just need a bit of hope - a new owner and manager would be nice - and the usual diehard fervour would come back but, right now, it feels like flogging a dead horse.

Who knows what it will come to - maybe we will have to become the new AFC Wimbledon to escape the current nightmare - but it would just serve Norman right to lose everything after his vacuous boasts about his business acumen.

It's not that far and we're due a win. Get theesen down there and cheer us on to victory.

Archived