onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

To survive by 1 point is probably what most of us were wishing for before Christmas after Baldrick Brown nearly took us down.

Thank you Neal Aspin and John Rudge for keeping the Vale alive and hopefully onward and upward.

The last two games were used by Aspin to see if some of the players can be considered good enough for next season so the results don’t surprise me as half the team won’t be regulars next season.(I hope).

It should also be a kick up the a@se for Norman that he needs to stop shopping in Poundland and put some serious money into the team next season unless he wants a repeat next season.If he won’t or can’t he needs to sell up and give someone else the chance to take us forward.

All this smokescreen about building new flats and a new pub in the Railway needs to be put on the back burner until he has a successful team on the pitch.

Advert

It should also be a kick up the a@se for Norman that he needs to stop shopping in Poundland and put some serious money into the team next season unless he wants a repeat next season.If he won’t or can’t he needs to sell up and give someone else the chance to take us forward.

All this smokescreen about building new flats and a new pub in the Railway needs to be put on the back burner until he has a successful team on the pitch.

Exactly. This talk of investing in flats is utterly typical Smurthwaite bullshyte, while the standard of the team/squad gets less and less every season! He couldn't give two hoots about the quality on the pitch.

I trust Aspin to rid the club of the players who continually do the fans a dis service .

Ive seen 25 games this season here are my marks on overall performance application bottle heart of those ive seen .I will start withthe players who have i feel done well .

Pope 7 Hannant 6 Worrall 6 Montano 6 Anderson 6 Howkins 6 .

Tonge 5 Smith 5 Gibbons 5 Whitfield 5 Harness5 Kay 5

Barnett 3 Forrester 3 Pugh 3 Boot 4 .

Havent really seen enough of the rest to give them a score but overall we need more 7s and a few 8 and sixes should be the bare minimum u expect .

Lots of underwhelming performances and displays .

Tues is very significant in Vales future

It is important to stay focused on the objective facts. We have total population of the final league table. Not a sample of a run of games or the last three months. The fact is League status was retained by 1 point and 1 goal. Second thing to focus on is that in League 2 Port Vale is one of the bigger clubs and the objective was to challenge for and achieve promotion. It was not the objective to just survive.

I remember the first game at home to Wycombe and we got battered luckily reducing the deficit near the end. The last game of the season and we get battered again.

So everything says a large turnover of players is needed and we need players with an Adam Yates / Tom Pope commitment towards the club.

Yesterday the Crewe team was the only team in the League where all the players had come through the youth system. At least they are guaranteed to value the club and be loyal to it.

Another fact on commitment. Stoke City have the highest number of Champions League winners in their squad. All hangers on!

It is important to stay focused on the objective facts. We have total population of the final league table. Not a sample of a run of games or the last three months. The fact is League status was retained by 1 point and 1 goal. Second thing to focus on is that in League 2 Port Vale is one of the bigger clubs and the objective was to challenge for and achieve promotion. It was not the objective to just survive.

I remember the first game at home to Wycombe and we got battered luckily reducing the deficit near the end. The last game of the season and we get battered again.

So everything says a large turnover of players is needed and we need players with an Adam Yates / Tom Pope commitment towards the club.

Yesterday the Crewe team was the only team in the League where all the players had come through the youth system. At least they are guaranteed to value the club and be loyal to it.

Another fact on commitment. Stoke City have the highest number of Champions League winners in their squad. All hangers on!

Times have certainly changed, since the days when teams mainly consisted of locals. I remember a Sentinel headline "Stoke field a team costing £110" Thus no transfer fees, just 11 signing on fees (£10) for a club in the old Division 1.

Still seething after today's game. I'll bet Aspin is too given how he used to play and he won't lightly forget it. So I hope you are right about the list.

The number of players who didn't turn up today had to be seen to be believed. One of the worst, if not the worst performances I've seen in 60 long years of supporting the Vale. Aspin has managed to drag this sorry bunch of no-hopers over the line and we owe him a huge debt of gratitude. I don't know how he and his team have done it. Today was just shameful.

To me, this is all Norman's doing, no one else's, Norman's. And he needs to put it right. What a level he has managed to reduce us to. Time to stand up and be counted.

:angry:

Go on Cousin Bill...say it like it is! Let's hope it changes this summer but I somehow don't think it will. Here's hoping....

I don't think that is true sadly. He wants to be a successful chairman but his background and experience prevent that. He is also dangerously unaware of his own incompetence and doesn't deal with people well.

If what you say is true, and I'd like to believe it, then here are three things that might just help:

(i) Find someone else to do your PR for you and when you do speak, try to be polite and positive towards your paying customers

(ii) Leave the footballing side to Aspo and Rudgie - in particular, leave the negotiating to Rudgie whose 19 years at the Vale and 14 years as DoF at the Lardies, gives him a slight edge on a chairman who, by his own admission, knows nowt about football

(iii) Give Aspo a fighting chance with a big, generous budget - there's a mountain to climb and it will take money (lots of it) to get the players we need to the club; otherwise, we'll have another dreadful season to face

It's not rocket science, Norman. You have the expertise in the club to make us successful and repair the damage you've done. Just bite the bullet!

I trust Aspin to rid the club of the players who continually do the fans a dis service .

Ive seen 25 games this season here are my marks on overall performance application bottle heart of those ive seen .I will start withthe players who have i feel done well .

Havent really seen enough of the rest to give them a score but overall we need more 7s and a few 8 and sixes should be the bare minimum u expect .

Welcome back VFIA.

If what you say is true, and I'd like to believe it, then here are three things that might just help:

(i) Find someone else to do your PR for you and when you do speak, try to be polite and positive towards your paying customers

(ii) Leave the footballing side to Aspo and Rudgie - in particular, leave the negotiating to Rudgie whose 19 years at the Vale and 14 years as DoF at the Lardies, gives him a slight edge on a chairman who, by his own admission, knows nowt about football

(iii) Give Aspo a fighting chance with a big, generous budget - there's a mountain to climb and it will take money (lots of it) to get the players we need to the club; otherwise, we'll have another dreadful season to face

It's not rocket science, Norman. You have the expertise in the club to make us successful and repair the damage you've done. Just bite the bullet!

He's too ******* tight to do any of that he wants 99p of every pound so the tight arsed ****** wont pay decent wages is a born teller of untruths puffed up with his own self importance the big fat useless **** will bleed the club dry and then someone will buy the club and have to pay that big blue **** an exhorbitant amount every year to rent the ground so by that time we will be in national north whilst that **** will be patting himself on the back and counting up the thousands he's rung out of the club.i may be wrong but I doubt it.

Under normal business contracts people like Lainton,Barnet and Davis would have been given disciplinary warnings for poor performance and sacked.

Wonder if that applies to football as well.

Suppose we have now got Baldrick Brown and his cronies off the wage bill as he was probably paid until the end of the season rather than a lump sum.

So you think pope has been our best player?

Only Pope, Worrall, Montano and Kay are anywhere near good enough for where we should be aiming to be.

Obviously Hawkins is a tremendous prospect so definitely worth trying to sign.

The rest are inconsistent at best and need to go.

Well we won’t be paying off Hannant, Gibbons and Smith to get rid of them because they will be the core of the squad next season along with pope, Worrall, Monty, Kay and Pugh.

Archived