onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

With the players still under contract we have the base of a decent team and id presume most of the lads out of contract will leave. Nice to see Monty signed and also good to see we are being pro active and the communication from the club has been great imo. Aspin pulls no punches and its great to see that he is already in the swing of getting the players in he knows he needs. I'm mildly optimistic at this point :)

Advert

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT SUMMER 2018

Ryan Boot

Joe Slinn

Kjell Knops

Charlie Walford

Luke Dennis

Harry Middleton

Graham Kelly

Billy Reeves

Mike Calveley

Anton Forrester

Chris Regis

Dan Turner

Can't say about Slinn, Walford, Dennis or Kelly as haven't seen them, but would release all of the others.

We've already got a few under contract for next season that won't be good enough - Lainton, Barnett, Pugh, Tonge, Davis.

I'd like to see us stand by Knops - if only until Xmas - to see if he can regain fitness and form.

Of the others we'll surely try and pay off a few to make space for incomings.

But like everyone else on here I'd suggest we've had one of the worst playing squads in living memory and most of them have not been good enough even at this low level. A new broom, please.

This retained list will be dominated by those who are still under contract for next season. As we know, quite a few of them are not good enough but we could be stuck with them which will be a killer for, probably, some of the younger players and maybe Knops. Pity because a fit Knops would be a big asset with his steady ability and versatility. I'm not looking forward to seeing the list and I don't envy Aspo who could end up with half his budget taken up by the likes of the 'nothing against them but past it' Tonge and Pugh, Munchausen's Syndrome Lainton and the useless / lazy types like Boneidle Barndoor Barnett (can't do with his attitude, in case you can't guess!).

Can't say about Slinn, Walford, Dennis or Kelly as haven't seen them, but would release all of the others.

We've already got a few under contract for next season that won't be good enough - Lainton, Barnett, Pugh, Tonge, Davis.

Sounds about right to me, though I'm a bit ambivalent about Knops - in one sense, he needs a chance to recover from injury but I doubt whether Aspo can afford to take the risk given his limited resources.

Just hope Aspo and Rudgie's recruitment goes well because I don't think I could stand another season seeing us relying on Pugh, Tonge and, to a lesser extent, Kay to keep us afloat.

Good luck, Aspo!

This is what needs to happen:

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT SUMMER 2018

Ryan Boot - RELEASE

Joe Slinn - Keep as cheap 3rd choice

Kjell Knops - Offer 6 month deal to prove fitness

Charlie Walford - RELEASE

Luke Dennis - RELEASE

Harry Middleton - RELEASE

Graham Kelly - RELEASE

Billy Reeves - RELEASE

Mike Calveley - RELEASE

Anton Forrester - RELEASE

Chris Regis - RELEASE

Dan Turner - RELEASE

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2019

Danny Pugh - PAY OFF

Michael Tonge - PAY OFF

Rob Lainton - PAY OFF

Sam Hornby

Callum Howe

Joe Davis

Antony Kay

David Worrall

Luke Hannant

Tom Pope

Tyrone Barnett - PAY OFF

Dior Angus

Releasing a 19-year-old Dan Turner would be poor. The rest on the 'out of contract' list haven't done enough to deserve to be offered anything.

Leaves us with 16 players - add 5 quality additions (and use the loan market wisely over the course of the season) and we have the look of a competitive, League Two squad.

I very much doubt that. You don't know my age or how long I've had Vale in my blood. You cheeky whipper-snapper!

Michael just likes to feel important on here about all things Vale, but he won’t be in Cambridge tomorrow. He’ll be down at the Council House with a pound of lard at 10:30 am sharpish, replica jersey bursting at the seams.

Michael just likes to feel important on here about all things Vale, but he won’t be in Cambridge tomorrow. He’ll be down at the Council House with a pound of lard at 10:30 am sharpish, replica jersey bursting at the seams.

He also has some sort of rusk fetish, I have seen him use that line countless times and it wasnt clever the first time. A bit of a worry but he is from Leek so you have to expect anything.

Archived