onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

Advert

Think this has been flogged to death on other threads but i guess needs it's own thread.

Out

Reeves

Boot

Slinn

Middleton

Reeves

Forrester

I'd be cruel to add Walford and Dennis as firstly i haven't seen them and i'll leave that to Aspo.

Settle contracts with a pay off

Lainton

Barnett

Davis i feel will be kept as he is a utility player who can fill in, average in his best position and downright shocking when out of position. I'd get rid but reckon Aspo will feeel he is a squad filler.

As for messrs Pugh and Tonge, hang your head in shame Baldrick or whoever gave these the opportunity to trigger extensions, flabbergasting.

Would make Lainton and Barnett available for transfer, but see little benefit in paying them off as that will then just reduce the budget further? Granted, they are both of limited benefit, but with a full pre season under Aspo could he get Barnett anywhere near his Crawley form?

Bit long ago that Bald Eagle?

2005–2006 Rushall Olympic 56 (15)

2006–2007 AFC Telford United

2007–2008 Willenhall Town

2008–2010 Hednesford Town 81 (40)

2010–2011 Macclesfield Town 45 (13)

2011–2012 Crawley Town 26 (13)

2012 → Peterborough United (loan) 13 (4)

2012–2015 Peterborough United 43 (7)

2012 → Ipswich Town (loan) 3 (0)

2014 → Bristol City (loan) 17 (1)

2014 → Oxford United (loan) 12 (4)

2015–2016 Shrewsbury Town 39 (8)

2016 → Southend United (loan) 20 (5)

2016–2017 AFC Wimbledon 36 (2)

2017– Port Vale 25 (1)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 29 April 2018 (UTC)

Never really been prolific and went for big money deals in the past. Again a Baldrick masterstroke, i'll be honest i haven't seen much to suggest he' ll do much and appears a bit cumbersome when he does come on. The odd game he has been okay but he's not for me.

Bit long ago that Bald Eagle?

True, but he has done it and maybe Aspo can revitalise him as he has Monty and Kay?

If we pay him off would expect we would need to pay almost a years salary anyway. Make him available for transfer, and another Baldick may offer him a 2 year deal without us needing to pay him off and use up budget. Or, he may just chip in with a few?

Here’s the list of players from another thread, I put Montano in the 2020 list and I believe Pugh and Tonge now have another year.

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT SUMMER 2018

Ryan Boot

Joe Slinn

Kjell Knops

Charlie Walford

Luke Dennis

Harry Middleton

Graham Kelly

Billy Reeves

Mike Calveley

Anton Forrester

Chris Regis

Dan Turner

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2019

Danny Pugh

Michael Tonge

Rob Lainton

Sam Hornby

Callum Howe

Joe Davis

Antony Kay

David Worrall

Luke Hannant

Tom Pope

Tyrone Barnett

Dior Angus

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2020

Nathan Smith

James Gibbons

Christian Montano

PLAYERS ON LOAN AND DUE TO RETURN TO THEIR PARENT CLUBS AT THE END OF THIS SEASON

Charlie Raglan (Oxford)

Zak Jules (Shrewsbury)

Donovan Wilson (Wolves)

Kyle Howkins (West Brom)

Marcus Harness (Burton)

Ben Whitfield (Bournemouth)

For a Stokie to come on here so often and not read the many, many posts detailing ALL the players contract situations at Vale......speaks volumes. Tends to confirm all you want to do is wind up fans.
Give it a rest I've been going Vale since before u had your first Rusk young man.

Here’s the list of players from another thread, I put Montano in the 2020 list and I believe Pugh and Tonge now have another year.

PLAYERS OUT OF CONTRACT SUMMER 2018

Ryan Boot

Joe Slinn

Kjell Knops

Charlie Walford

Luke Dennis

Harry Middleton

Graham Kelly

Billy Reeves

Mike Calveley

Anton Forrester

Chris Regis

Dan Turner

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2019

Danny Pugh

Michael Tonge

Rob Lainton

Sam Hornby

Callum Howe

Joe Davis

Antony Kay

David Worrall

Luke Hannant

Tom Pope

Tyrone Barnett

Dior Angus

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT UNTIL THE SUMMER OF 2020

Nathan Smith

James Gibbons

Christian Montano

PLAYERS ON LOAN AND DUE TO RETURN TO THEIR PARENT CLUBS AT THE END OF THIS SEASON

Charlie Raglan (Oxford)

Zak Jules (Shrewsbury)

Donovan Wilson (Wolves)

Kyle Howkins (West Brom)

Marcus Harness (Burton)

Ben Whitfield (Bournemouth)

Have say out of that list id only offer Turner and maybe Knopps a new contract, Kelly is an unknown quanity and not sure how Aspo rates the other young lads so cud be interesting.

I used to dread the retained list coming out because there was always a player I really liked on it. Now I couldn't even name our squad so I am not really bothered who we release or keep, will look forward to spending the first half of next season trying to work out who our players are and then again in January. Keeps it slightly less uninteresting I guess..

Archived