onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

Can he list tonge tough?

Yep, could have done.

I assume the experience and the fact that no one is going to take him on at 35 means we're stuck.

Aspo clearly rates their influence at the club. I doubt we'll see much of him.

Advert

Christ how clear does this need to be made.

He couldn't release Tojnge and Pugh. They triggered the extension built into their contract, as given to them by Brown/Smurf

Lainton, Barnett, Howe, and Davis are on the transfer list. I presume that means we'll let them go for free if anyone wants them

Aspin's retained 3 players all under the age of 21. He's released 10, sent 6 loanees back, and basically told 4 to find another club.

He also saws backroom staff will change.

This is good. He has got rid of all the dross he could.

Those 4 transfer listed may as well go as soon as they can. They aren't wanted as part of Aspins future so when you look at the current squad its really been cut down to 14 players.

Sam Hornby

Nathan Smith

James Gibbons

Cristian Montano

Danny Pugh

Michael Tonge

Antony Kay

David Worrall

Luke Hannant

Mike Calveley

Dior Angus

Tom Pope

Dan Turner

Harry Benns

Those 4 transfer listed may as well go as soon as they can. They aren't wanted as part of Aspins future so when you look at the current squad its really been cut down to

14 players.

Dan Turner

Harry Benns

Sam Hornby

Antony Kay

David Worrall

Luke Hannant

Tom Pope

Mike Calveley

Dior Angus

Danny Pugh

Michael Tonge

Nathan Smith

James Gibbons

Cristian Montano

Benns and Calveley are just squad bodies. Won't feature.

We have 12 players at the present who will be competing for a first team spot. Ideal.

He couldn't release Tonge and Pugh. They triggered the extension built into their contract, as given to them by Brown/Smurf

Lainton, Barnett, Howe, and Davis are on the transfer list. I presume that means we'll let them go for free if anyone wants them

Aspin's retained 3 players all under the age of 21. He's released 10, sent 6 loanees back, and basically told 4 to find another club.

Agree with this.

Had to make a point by putting Lainton, Barnett, Howe, and Davis on the transfer list. Tonge and Pugh will split opinions. I suspect Aspo will keep them until we have alternatives (which we dont at the moment).

Benns and Calveley are just squad bodies. Won't feature.

We have 12 players at the present who will be competing for a first team spot. Ideal.

Yep they'll probably go out on loan. Not a bad retained list IMO.

He couldn't release Tonge and Pugh. They triggered the extension built into their contract, as given to them by Brown/Smurf

Spot on, Pugh and Tonge wont be starting for Vale next season if Aspin gets in the players he wants.

I'm guessing he didn't fancy Howe then even though he was signed up for 18 months? Also what happened to Jules? I know he was on loan but was he just no where near fit?

The info i was told and it may or may not be true but it makes sense now is that Howe wasn't an Aspin signing....imo its a great list and at least he has had the balls for a big clearout,so come on skully lets get a bit of quality now

Only grievance anyone can have is that he hasn't listed Pugh and Tonge with the 4 others.

He's constantly talked up their contribution in the dressing room (as have younger players) in our survival.

I'll be concerned if they're starting in centre mid in the first week of August but I honestly can't see it.

No complaints from me. At the very least we've got two decent full backs for this level along with Pope up front and Worrall in midfield. I don't mind Pugh being a back-up/squad player, and some experience is absolutely necessary.

I know Whitfield has has a few good moments but personally I wouldn't take him back permanently even if it was possible. He has one good game and then about 4 or 5 bad one's, and even at League Two level that's not enough. He's a bit of a luxury player. Kyle Howkins would be a very decent place to start our comings in to the club.

Only grievance anyone can have is that he hasn't listed Pugh and Tonge with the 4 others.

He's constantly talked up their contribution in the dressing room (as have younger players) in our survival.

I'll be concerned if they're starting in centre mid in the first week of August but I honestly can't see it.

What would be the point? Do you think any other league side would want either of them?!

Archived