onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

Walka003

Advert

To be honest on reflection the right call with the released lot for sure. However massive concerns over the players under contract. Looking over the list containing Lainton, Tonge, Pugh, Barnett, Davis would account for some decent chunks of budget given they were some of the first signings from Brown. Don’t see anything other than these guys being with us next year and using up 1/3 of Aspins budget on players he’s unlikely to want if honest

To be honest on reflection the right call with the released lot for sure. However massive concerns over the players under contract. Looking over the list containing Lainton, Tonge, Pugh, Barnett, Davis would account for some decent chunks of budget given they were some of the first signings from Brown. Don’t see anything other than these guys being with us next year and using up 1/3 of Aspins budget on players he’s unlikely to want if honest

Honestly I would expect them to be paid off if they don’t find a club. It’s up to smurf then to back the manager and pay for his mistakes.

If you lool above according to the article they are some of the lower earners.

...massive concerns over the players under contract. Looking over the list containing Lainton, Tonge, Pugh, Barnett, Davis would account for some decent chunks of budget...Don’t see anything other than these guys being with us next year and using up 1/3 of Aspins budget on players he’s unlikely to want if honest

Yes, and with another 2-3 in addition to those not really being good enough (IMO) that accounts for a fair proportion of Aspin's ideal squad size of 24-25.

Aspin & Rudge have got a massive job on their hands this Summer to get sufficient quality players in to significantly improve us. Here's hoping they can pull it off!

Honestly I would expect them to be paid off if they don’t find a club. It’s up to smurf then to back the manager and pay for his mistakes.

If Smurf is serious about improving the club he should add Garlick and Fradley to that list.

Both were responsible for giving Baldrick Brown a new contract and didn’t Aspin say he was being knifed in the back by someone at the club which was probably Fradley.

Garlick must have authorised Brown to give 2 year contracts to Lainton,Barnett and Davis.

I’ve heard that from people within the club too. They must both be millionaires, they certainly aren’t playing for us for the money.

Just shows the harsh life of a footballer, don’t make a positive impression on the new management and they’re out.

Harsh or all about them they’ve probably trained 100 times for Aspin since he took over. If you haven’t taken his eye in 100 sessions that’s you not him/ the sport being harsh in my opinion

If you lool above according to the article they are some of the lower earners.

Lower but still taking up a wage. I’m sure when compared to Boot, Reeves etc they were certainly higher earner than that type of player. I could live with keeping Pugh but not both

You're right about them having a massive job to do and they'll know it which is why they've had to be so brutal with the youngsters. Some of those lads may get fixed up and eventually forge themselves decent careers and in the future we may well be in here saying 'why did we let such & such go?' However, the fact of the matter is the released youngsters are either not going to make it or are not ready yet and we're in such a mess they've had to go to create squad space / budget to assemble a side who won't struggle like this season.

Professional football is a harsh world.

Are you real.Still can’t understand why you still have a downer on Smith.

Obviously Aspin thinks there is something to build on and why has he played in every game for the last two seasons.Ok he is still learning his trade but last year he was being touted as the first million pound player sold by Vale.To be quite honest you are becoming a pain in the a@se with your constant moans about Smith and I am sure 90% of Vale fans will agree.

Ian Taylor was the first million pound player sold by Vale

Lower but still taking up a wage. I’m sure when compared to Boot, Reeves etc they were certainly higher earner than that type of player. I could live with keeping Pugh but not both
Good point we'd have been better off getting rid. Just hope there is room to make the changes needed.

I thought Neil Aspin did well today. The club got past the first test I had in considering whether to renew season tickets. However, Smurf needs to back his manager through a change process. The squad has been degraded to such an extent that major change is needed and that can't be afforded from a simple business as usual budget. I want to observe what happens next if my confidence in next season is to be built.

Archived