onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunning signs for FGR

Doha

Why not give Remi Streete a six month contract or pay as you play.

Much better centre back than Gunning and knows the players.

Expect Gunning to get himself sent off on Saturday.

I've been wondering what happened to Remi. Maybe Brown was right about him being a knacker because he's certainly talented enough to be playing league football and looked a great prospect to me in his time with us. A fit Remi Streete would be miles better than Gunning.

Advert

If there were any chance of him being fit, then not only Port Vale but clubs like FGR and others in L1 and L2 would have signed him - sadly it may be the case that he won't be able to play again, or at least not for a very long time.

Remi had enough quality for it to be a near impossibility that someone would have given him a trial at least if there were even a small chance of him being able to perform without great risk to himself.

I've been wondering what happened to Remi. Maybe Brown was right about him being a knacker because he's certainly talented enough to be playing league football and looked a great prospect to me in his time with us. A fit Remi Streete would be miles better than Gunning.

Were 'unconfirmed rumours' he was working as a car salesman at Arnold Clark. Bizarre if true but he definitely would be ring rusty now having not played competitively since Fleetwood.

Not for me now despite the fact he was a quality player.

Were 'unconfirmed rumours' he was working as a car salesman at Arnold Clark. Bizarre if true but he definitely would be ring rusty now having not played competitively since Fleetwood.

Not for me now despite the fact he was a quality player.

did jim gannon scout him ,

such a fall for a quality lad who was a great prospect something doesn't add up

Had gunning gone 8 weeks ago I would have given him a lift there myself but he like many others have improved lately,maybe he's been playing for a contract or to get noticed by others,either way it's worked for him,so good luck to him and we move on.

Thank you for your time here, hope you have a rubbish game against us. After Saturday hope it works out for you.

They must have offered a longer contract than us reading other threads. Now to find the replacement and I am sure it will be a better player knowing Rudgie and Aspin.

He'll probably play a blinder on Saturday now and score a double header!

I would have liked to have seen him stay but Pugh has done really well at left-back and with everyone fit and available he doesn't get into our best 11 anyway, and was more of a squad player. But people should acknowledge that at this stage of his career he was always going to go to a club that offered him the most money, and fair play to him.

I know footballers are as thick as pig **** but Gavin is on another level altogether.

cSS78IJ.jpg

This is a scurillous and insulting post which is unworthy of consideration in any reasonable world. He has gone elsewhere for a longer contract having done a decent job for us. How does that make him thick?

Can't blame the lad if he's got a better deal but I think we can feel a bit aggrieved after we've helped him save his career. No loyalty in football though - and no sentimentality either, so I expect we'll play as hard as we can on Satdee. There's no half measures with Gav, so expect a MOM performance or a sending off!

Every single player that has left Vale since Smurfwaite has arrived be it Dodds, Streete, Dickinson, Leitch-Smith etc all left due to derisory deals being offered.

Offering people chicken feed contracts is an embarrassment, especially when they go to FGR.

I don’t think Gunning was great, not a first team player but certainly worth keeping in the squad.

You cAnt blame him. 18 months not six, a better wage, and a forward looking club which looks like it's making some decent signings at the start of the window.

Probably the Vale maybe took it for granted he would sign and our offer reflected that.

Like I say, you cAnt blame him at all

I wonder if he noticed that Forest Green have a progressive, decent, honest, forward-looking and ambitious owner as well. He was certainly happy to work for Rudge and Aspin, and said so, so that is not a factor.

Can't blame the lad if he's got a better deal but I think we can feel a bit aggrieved after we've helped him save his career. No loyalty in football though - and no sentimentality either, so I expect we'll play as hard as we can on Satdee. There's no half measures with Gav, so expect a MOM performance or a sending off!

It depends which way we look at that loyalty - his performances whilst on a very modest wage over the last few weeks mean that he was not 'using' the club to save his career any more than Smurf was using him as a cheap option.

Both parties gained, so it is a pity the arrangement could not have been continued - I also think it is not a disaster and Aspin will find a replacement, but maybe it will cost just as much as a new decent wage for Gunning in the long run.

He wasn't a world beater, but did a sound job recently and would have been a good squad player for the rest of this season and next season at the very least, maybe a regular. Vale go on, and we continue our support for Aspin and Rudge, let's hope they are supported from other quarters too.

Archived