onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunning signs for FGR

Doha

Advert

“I’ve lost a bit of timber since last year. When I was playing (at Grimsby) I was a bit heavy. I wasn’t really enjoying football that much but I’ve come here and really enjoyed it. I’ve got myself in much better shape and it’s back to the old Gavin Gunning I suppose."

"I’ve settled in and feel like it’s going quite well. I’m happy to be in there and doing a half decent job.”

Quotes from Mad Gav hinself at the end of October.

Considering the utter shambles his football career has been, it seems strange that, just as he finds stability and appreciation, he chooses to join a club currently 92/92. Was our offer that bad?

I liked him for his 'mad' persona but fundamentally he's a solid League 2 centre half who has done a job at LB. Aggressive, decent in the air, prone to an error.

A shame he's chosen this tbh. Don't harbour much ill-feeling as I just feel sorry that he's felt the need to go from the most in-form team in the league (in which he had become a guaranteed starter) to a team rock bottom.

Good luck to him. He's done ok for us. But if he's been offered a longer contract, on more money, you can't blame him. He's not irreplaceable and I didn't see him as our long term left back. He's better in the middle in my view but certainly not a player who we can't look to replace.

Maybe their offer was much better than ours? Doesn't matter now anyway.

I have a feeling there's a good chance he'll be sent off if he plays against us on Saturday. Just hope he doesn't injure anyone in the process.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

It matters if it is WASN'T much better than ours, and we skimped, and if this is going to be transfer policy on an ongoing basis at Vale.

I'm not saying this is the case, but we need to stop brushing history aside, and watch what happens more carefully, and learn from it.

Good luck Gavin, am i bothered we have lost him? Not really no, he did a steady eddie job after looking a car crash in the making after his early sending off at Leeds.

Better in the middle than at left back, seems to of been a nomad throughout his career. If FGR have offered him either better money or a longer contract again i'm not bothered one iota.

They are desperate for players , we on the other hand can afford to be more choosy thanks to Aspo steering this rudderless ship towards calmer waters.

Do i trust Aspo/ Rudge to better Gunning come August 2018/19.....damn right i do.

Archived