onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin has inherited some rubbish

old sage

My worry with Aspin is that he isn’t making the best of what he has. We have Lawrie Wilson for 2 years. He is one of our highest earners. He played for Bolton 30 times last season and celebrated a promotion to the championship. No other player in league 2 can claim such an achievement.

He played very well against us in league 1 last season, scored a great goal and looked every bit a player who was too good for the division. So we never play him....despite a god awful defence that is technically inept.

Didn't you mention this in another thread?

What has Wilson done this season to make you believe he deserves a place in the squad? Last seasons gone.

Do you really think Gibbons is playing so poorly that he deserves to be dropped for Wilson?

Advert

The January transfer window cant come quickly enough, but when you think about it, rarely do players come in until the very last few minutes. We effectively have almost 2 months to wait until things change. After the initial encouraging results following Aspin's appointment, we are sinking yet again. On the evidence of yesterdays poor performance, I fear the worst.

Smurf and Bruno ripped the playing heart out of this club in June 2016,, unfortunately that mistake wonont be corrected in two transfer windows. Aspin has to try and work miracles in Jan as traditionally Jan is a tough time to sign quality players. Cross everything you got.

I think the word "some" in the title of the thread is an understatement.

I'm not slagging off Wilson, I think he's just not got over his injury. But one of his performances earlier in the season as wing back was laughable. When we attacked he stood on the half way line. When we defended he stood on the half way line. I felt sorry for him actually.

We seem to buy a lot of crocks. Presumably they are cheap and or the only players who will come. Lainton is the classic example. Anyone with an internet connection who knows of Google could have told you taking him as your first choice keeper for a season was ridiculous. Not slagging the bloke off, but are the Vale medical staff supposed to be miracle workers?

I notice that nobody is having a go at Norman on this thread. So I will.

The reason why we have such a large squad of poor players is because Smurf has encouraged an inconsistent recruitment policy starting with his enforced resignation of Page and that dire continental experiment.

Brown did the right thing in clearing out the players he did. However his budget while looking ok for the division, was never enough to overhaul a whole squad with enough good players.

My worry with Aspin is that he isn’t making the best of what he has. We have Lawrie Wilson for 2 years. He is one of our highest earners. He played for Bolton 30 times last season and celebrated a promotion to the championship. No other player in league 2 can claim such an achievement.

He played very well against us in league 1 last season, scored a great goal and looked every bit a player who was too good for the division. So we never play him....despite a god awful defence that is technically inept.

So you suggest dropping Gibbons for Wilson???

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

When Neil Aspin came into the club a few weeks ago he must have thought that with a squad the size that we have that there must be a starting eleven capable of getting us up the league. How wrong can you be because in truth it looks as if we only have a mere handfull of players that are up for the fight and indeed good enough to wear the shirt.

Is this all down to Brown's rotten recruitment or was it more to do with him not being allowed to bring in anyone who wanted more than peanuts. I suppose it doesn't really matter anymore but in my opinion there are only seven players on the books that are capable of getting us out of the mess that we currently find ourselves in and two of these are only here on loan. The squad is largely made up of either washed up has beens and young lads who sadly on current evidence never will be's

Our midfield is so bad that we will never be able to control a game and up front Whitfield apart (and his Vale future appears to be in great doubt) we only have Tom Pope who appears to have a clue where the net is!

Personally I can't wait for January when several better players need to be recruited or our league status is going to be in considerable doubt. If the manager must unload to free up cash to bring in new faces then I fear the worst because who is going to want our dross?

Read all the posts and to summarise :

We are in a huge mess

Jacko's post is so true - Fans always comment that the players not selected on Sat are better than the ones chosen. They are not

There are no goals whatsoever in our team.

If Pope does get injured - then what

We cannot keep a clean sheet

So thats up front and the defence and they are our good points.

The midfield squad of x 12 are absolutely useless and ALL our problems start here

We have to sign minimum x4 players and ideally x6

They have to be quality players

Players who all have to be first team and who must remain ever present through to end of season

Now to Smurf :

He has to give Aspin the backing and finance for the players

Doesnt matter if we cannot release any players, we have to sign these new ones or we will be relegated that i am certain.

Get your money out Smurf. It has never been needed so much before'

Just one small point - Hope Aspin and Rudge then spend it wisely

Im not worried about the transfer window Smurf promised funds to get out of this horrible mess :whistling:

When Chris Eagles doesn’t sign for vale and chooses to go play in the back of beyond makes you wonder just how much ackers we offer. Ackers trumps Owen coyly every time.

When Chris Eagles doesn’t sign for vale and chooses to go play in the back of beyond makes you wonder just how much ackers we offer. Ackers trumps Owen coyly every time.

It makes you wonder what other clubs,in England,offered if any.Ross Co owner is seriously minted and Ross Co are in the SPL.

It makes you wonder what other clubs,in England,offered if any.Ross Co owner is seriously minted and Ross Co are in the SPL.

Chris has gone for an easy life Howjy.A better contract and less pressure in a league with no expectations.He's always wanted to play at Ibrox and Parkhead.

I think posterity will show Brown to probably be the worst Port Vale manager, ever.

He was dealt a rough hand but his business in the two windows he was given has set the club back 5 years, and threatens our FL status. Its a long, arduous road to undo his work but in Aspo we've got the best man for the job.

I agee with most on here but would add the players we have had over the last few years have been poor to say the least. The only two that have gone on to better things Hugill and Morsey were never given much of a chance here, so you have to wonder who made the decisions on who we recruit! There has been a shocking recruitment policy signing a load of dross and injury prone players, this as at the root of all problems.

If Smurf does not get out a very large sweetie jar then our league status is under serious threat, and lets hope and pray Pope stays free of injury.

I agee with most on here but would add the players we have had over the last few years have been poor to say the least. The only two that have gone on to better things Hugill and Morsey were never given much of a chance here, so you have to wonder who made the decisions on who we recruit! There has been a shocking recruitment policy signing a load of dross and injury prone players, this as at the root of all problems.

If Smurf does not get out a very large sweetie jar then our league status is under serious threat, and lets hope and pray Pope stays free of injury.

This is said with a large tongue in cheek

But Colin Daniel has actually bettered himself, a regular in a Blackpool team in a higher division incredibly !!!

Daniel, Duffy, Dickinson, Dodds, AJLS, that other bloke who's playing in Scotland, Alnwik, Grant, Foley, Purkiss, Kelly, Hooper - all playing higher than we are. There are probably more. Admittedly some are still in the same league as us but I'd happily take some of them back.

Archived