onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin has inherited some rubbish

old sage

Advert

A person only needs half a brain to know that the poor state of the club and the league position result from the penny pinching business acumen of the owner.

He has admitted his failings and he promised to put things right.

I hope that he means it and puts his money where his mouth is by bringing quality footballers to the club in January.

He has said many things and rarely delivers. Of course I know who is responsible just like you but he said running a club no bigger than Stoke Audi would be no problem. When the wheels fall off completely we will all be wishing that we were as big as that particular garage.

Without any meaningful midfield we will continue to struggle. The engine room provide not only cover for defence but fodder for the attack. For simply yonks now we have screamed out for 2 or 3 competent, experienced midfielders. Until we get them we are papering over cracks. That said, my gut tells me that with a proven goalscorer alongside Pope we could eke out a win or two here and there to mask the obvious midfield deficiencies. Aspin says he knows what we want. I wish him all the luck in the world.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Actually Baldrick Brown did the damage when he got rid of the Bruno boys. Tavares,Amoros and Kiko (a Portugese U21 international would have been quality in this division.

His Crusade to rid out the Bruno boys cost the club dear both in pay offs and resources. He replaced them with his useless signings which has left us in the present position.

Actually Baldrick Brown did the damage when he got rid of the Bruno boys. Tavares,Amoros and Kiko (a Portugese U21 international would have been quality in this division.

His Crusade to rid out the Bruno boys cost the club dear both in pay offs and resources. He replaced them with his useless signings which has left us in the present position.

Nothiong to say about that 'useless' 'how many goals has he scored this season' Dodds today, moosh ? I blame you totally for last nights defeat, you cursed us.

It's a pity they can't bag up the contents on your posts and spread them on the crop fields, the horses stuff os nothing on your incredible nonsense.

Now we have it - and I think you must be the only Vale fan who thinks this - that our current troubles are due to letting go the weatlth of catalogue talent that was Kiko, Tavares and Amoros.

Kiko played 21 games, Amaros 10, and Travares 22 - and I will have to admit their scoring record was very consistent - ZERO goals from any of them, and very few assists either.

Kiko may have been a Portugal U-21 cap, but he'd have struggled to get into Leek Town's team at times last season. Woeful.

Yet you think Dodds, with 51 goals is no good, and would like these 3 portu-geezers back. Haven't laughed so much for ages.

Oh, by the way, Brown was instructed to get rid of them by the great master Smurf, who wanted as many of Bruno's '52 weekly payments' poundland bargains gone as possible.

Boot - I don't want to be harsh on the lad, but he doesn't seem anywhere near the standard required.

Lainton - Looked decent enough before getting injured.

Wilson - The most dissapointing signing ever, considering his pedigree. Looks toss and disinterested. ******!

Denton - Has some ability but can't last even 60 minutes. That isn't good enough for a pro.

Smith - Bang average for me. Gets too much credit because he's one of our own. But should continue to get better and might end up a decent League One centre-back one day. Might.

Anderson - Has done better than I expected. Could do with pace alongside him, something Smith doesn't and will never have.

Davis - Why?

Kay - Woeful at the back. Does a job to some degree in midfield. We can surely do better?

Gunning - Average at best but wears his heart on his sleeve and we've got worse players on the books.

Gibbons - Probably our best player in regards to potential. Won't be at the club for long the way things are going. Well done on the season you've had so far, young man.

Pugh - Way past it. Should be nothing but a back-up player.

Tongue - As above, but probably has a bit more footballing ability.

De Freitas - Always appreciated his work ethic and endeavor, but he must be really poor if he can't get into our midfield and make a position his own. That said, I'd start him ahead of the likes of Pugh and Kay every day of the week.

Whitfield - Exactly what we need in midfield. Loads of energy and not without quality either. The kind of player we should be striving to sign permanently. If only we could keep him and sign Callum Guy to play alongside him!

Worrall - A solid signing and player at this level, and the caliber of player we need many more of.

Harness - I'd call him a headless chicken but that would be doing the chicken a disservice. Offers absolutely nothing going forward for all of his effort. Simply not good enough.

Montano - One trick pony, and that's being generous. Thought he might tear the league apart upon his arrival but the only thing that's been tearing is the fans own hair.

Barnett - Poor. Offers little and doesn't look like a goal threat. His career stats before we signed him suggested that.

Forrester - Can't be trusted. Never seems to look more than 60% of what he might actually be capable of.

Turner - Has done okay when given a chance. Should be given a proper run in the team alongside Pope.

Pyke - Expected some good things from but has been a big dissapointment. Hasn't been given a genuine chance though for whatever reason.

Pope - Looked like a pub player at the beginning of the season but slowly got some confidence and will always be a threat in sides that create chances. I dread to think where we would be without him.

Full squad:

Goalkeepers

Rob Lainton

Sam Hornby

Ryan Boot

Joe Slinn (on loan at Stalybridge Celtic)

Defenders

Lawrie Wilson

Tyler Denton (on loan from Leeds United)

Tom Anderson (on loan from Burnley)

Joe Davis

Adam Yates

Graham Kelly

James Gibbons

Nathan Smith

Charlie Walford

Kjell Knops

Gavin Gunning

Luke Dennis (on loan at Newcastle Town)

Midfielders

Antony Kay

Marcus Harness (on loan from Burton Albion)

Danny Pugh (captain)

David Worrall

Cristian Montaño

Chris Regis

Billy Reeves

Anthony de Freitas

Mike Calveley

Ben Whitfield (on loan from Bournemouth)

Michael Tonge

Jack Stobbs

Harry Middleton (on loan at F.C. Halifax Town)

Strikers

Tom Pope

Tyrone Barnett

Anton Forrester

Dan Turner

Rekeil Pyke (on loan from Huddersfield Town)

Seens as it is mid season and not June, who would you sensibly try to shift and bring in? A lot has been said for '2 out 1 in' but that will be easier said than done.

I would add contract lengths in but I'm on my break at work :laugh:

Archived