onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown Out

Advert

I was surprised he left out De Freitas in favour of Billy Reeves. I was surprised that when we went down 2-0 he didn't do after half time what everyone in the stand said he should do - push Turner up with Pope and move Whitfield out wide where he was so effective last week. I was surprised when he took Turner and Whitfield off. I was suprised when he brough Pyke on instead of giving our joint top scorer, Turner, a chance up top if we were going to play two there. I was surprised he had sent out a back four with no idea how to keep their shape. Other than that I can't fault him.

I wonder if he was testing the kind of characters he had in the dressing room again.

The mind boggles.

Jean, when u start to post like that I know conclusively I am not going mad! We are not far short of scraping the very base of the barrel and it hurts to see us like this, it really hurts. As one of our most respected fans and one who talks sense where do you think we go from here? Should Brown and his merry men go? Who else could shake us back into a decent Club? With Smurf staying on how can we move forward? Is this the beginning of the end for our League standing? I'm at my wits end as many, many others are too. Can we improve at all under the current regime? Other than finding something else to do on match days and unfortunately giving up on our favourites is there honestly anything Valiants can do to resurrect a once great Club? Apathy can become a cancer. We must ensure a change is forthcoming and very, very soon.

I can't see any real change happening at the Vale until we have a change of ownership. Smurf has clearly lost interest - I can't believe he doesn't come to home games because he is frightened of the fans. We need an owner with a proper long term plan for moving the club forward on and off the pitch, not a bloke who washes his hands of everything after making some of the daftest decisions in the club's history.

Said it before will say it again PATIENCE you can't bring in so many players together at a club and expect a pattern of play and togetherness straight away it's going to take time.

I think personally Brown is clueless and out of his depth however once the club made the decision to appoint him and bring lots of players you have to give the group a bit of time.

I should say it's easier for me to say that when I'm no longer watching the team.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Guest TommyMac

I mentioned when Chris Morgan joined the coaching staff that he'd failed at every stage of his career since he quit playing. Lo and behold our defence, and Smith in particular, are regressing at an alarming rate. More than a coincidence I believe.

The squad is too good to not at least be challenging on paper for promotion. Pope has been genuine rubbish so far but the rest look salvageable. Being in an experienced league 2 manager and we will be fine.

Pope has tried his socks off but he rarely has a Vale player within 30 yards of him.

I was surprised he left out De Freitas in favour of Billy Reeves. I was surprised that when we went down 2-0 he didn't do after half time what everyone in the stand said he should do - push Turner up with Pope and move Whitfield out wide where he was so effective last week. I was surprised when he took Turner and Whitfield off. I was suprised when he brough Pyke on instead of giving our joint top scorer, Turner, a chance up top if we were going to play two there. I was surprised he had sent out a back four with no idea how to keep their shape. Other than that I can't fault him.

Yes, damning. When the faults in selection and tactics are so apparent, it doesn't leave much room for hope. Even so early in the season, it's time to cut our losses.

Brown was the wrong appointment as was Bruno and Page after his first season so even if Brown goes there is virtually zero chance those that run the club will replace him with any one better. Because of this reason we need to get behind Brown and the team for more than 4 matches. Give him more time and let's see but if he has to go then I do fear we will go down Beacause there is no way Smurf will give any money to a new manager and I dread to think who they will replace Brown with.

Brown was the wrong appointment as was Bruno and Page after his first season so even if Brown goes there is virtually zero chance those that run the club will replace him with any one better. Because of this reason we need to get behind Brown and the team for more than 4 matches. Give him more time and let's see but if he has to go then I do fear we will go down Beacause there is no way Smurf will give any money to a new manager and I dread to think who they will replace Brown with.

Well if Smurf isn't prepared to replace Brown with someone who can do the job, he'd better be prepared to lose his entire investment. It that's simple.

I can't see any real change happening at the Vale until we have a change of ownership. Smurf has clearly lost interest - I can't believe he doesn't come to home games because he is frightened of the fans. We need an owner with a proper long term plan for moving the club forward on and off the pitch, not a bloke who washes his hands of everything after making some of the daftest decisions in the club's history.

Absolutely.

If supporters want success they should acknowledge this post.

One mans removal will get the club off life support.

Well if Smurf isn't prepared to replace Brown with someone who can do the job, he'd better be prepared to lose his entire investment. It that's simple.

He's possibly making a good screw from the club shop. He owns the ground. His "investment" hasn't been significant at all.

He's had most hook line and sinker.

We are where we are, to quote another owner.

Some of you lot haven't learned and still refuse to but like Old Sage said on Radio Stoke about 6 months ago.......... Bratt and co were clueless, this mans dangerous.

He's dangerous as ****. To your football club. Our football club. Most are walking away and have done.

Want to be the next Leyton Orient? Tranmere? Crack on "keeping the faith"

Norman Smurthwaite needs ousting.

Any means possible.

Archived