onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown Out

Pope I'm afraid has had his day Jean. Service or no service he is a poor signing.

I said when Pope left that we had had the best of him but I think the way he is being played at the moment would make Alan Shearer at his best look like he was past it. He is trying to lead a line of one with no one anywhere near him. He has never had pace so playing the ball behind the defence will be pointless but hoofing it up in the air to him when he is usually up against two defenders and has no support is an equally pointless exercise. His best moments in the game yesterday were in the last 10-15 minutes when he actually had some Vale players in the same hemisphere.

Advert

Well what a shambles we r .

Players with a losing weak mentality and a manager whos budget has been cut that much that they r non league standard.

Organisation costs nothing neither does desire and will to win.

I aint attended the game today but 833 of my fellow supporters have and we managed lose against a team who have a losing mentality to .

Bit early want the manager gone but he needs address a lot of things .

Kay and Smith r allowing players to get in behind them to often so a change needs be made there,R Williams mentioned it five timesin his commentary in first half i listened to till they scored theni switched off.

Midfield Brown will have to play himself as Tonge cannot do it on his own .

Harness doesnt seem have it but then if every player is at 2 out of 10 thenit may make your good players look dire.

So whats going happen good teams dont lose two on the bounce we have lost 3 and in general defended like a pub team for the goals ive seen .

Has Browngot it in him deliver but more importantly have the playersgot it

Try spacing between words please , it does help when reading your valid posts

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Absolutely.

If supporters want success they should acknowledge this post.

One mans removal will get the club off life support.

So what can we do? we can boo him, shout smurf out, how about the old starve em out? don't buy anything from the club ie refreshments, in the club shop, programmes, don't know how effective it was last time with mold but whilst smurf is hanging on for Hugills money? the money we spend at the "football experience" tides him over, so lets denigh him that to show how serious we are. Other than that I don't know, but I honestly think the next 1, 2 or at the most 3 months will decide Vales fate...if brown stays as is highly likely under smurf that's it, so the roots got to go and the branches as well.

Answer - Probably quite a few

Next question - Would Smurthwaite (or rather his budget) sanction paying out for such managers?

Answer - what do you think?! :sad::wacko:

I doubt this so called budget would see the manager and his tesm paid off let alone any calibre of manager.

Smurthwaite hasn't even been consulted with signings so i doubt he's much interested in the management structure now he's ****** everything up and dumped it on someone else until he can get some money back.

He's a selfish man looking after his own needs. Shafted the club with his zero football knowledge, appointing a foreigner and 2 rookie managers but won't pass it on to anyone else.

I don't agree with booing but...

The players need to take a long hard look at their 'performances'. Are they coming off the pitch knowing they have given 100% effort and commitment? In my opinion, no they are not. And that is what I have a problem with (although I still won't boo).

totally agree, and the young players will follow the lead of the older ones, and then they will just turn up for the money, I don't boo them off but I don't clap just walk off home disappointed...

Here we go. Get a ******* grip of yourself.

Do you think Port Vale were the only team in the football league to have to sign a bunch of new players this summer? Maybe other teams didn't have to do it quite to the same extent, but once they have gelled do you think Michael Brown is suddenly going to show more tactically? Actually become a capable manager suddenly?

It's people like you that last season were spouting about Brown not having his own squad of players. Well now he is, and it's quite clear we're still **** and he's still a toss manager that's stealing a living as an actual manager of a professional club. So in 20 games time when we're still ***** and Brown still hasn't got a clue, and the season is too many games long to try and salvage in any way, what excuses are you going to start spouting then?

So tired of hearing the same absolute ******** with every dog **** manager we have! It's fans like you with no ambition and is happy to accept the same dross pretty much every week why the football club will never amount to anything.

You don't know me! I want the Vale to win but you won't achieve it with this kind of vitriol! Slagging me and the players won't help change things. Spurs manager says that changing too many players is destructive and he is right. I don't want to go see them lose each week same as the next man but we must overcome it with true support.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What a f******* mess!

Three league games in and our fans are dreading playing Crwho who are at best about a mid-table side with one very good player (Dagnall) that we could do with and a few decent others. Not exactly world beaters and they have yet to play away from home.

I have never wanted Brown as manager and his record proves it. People say give him time, etc but what direction is he taking us? Probably fighting to stay in Football League if we did lose to Crwho.

Brown has had two transfer windows to stamp his mark on the team/squad which a lot of managers don't even get. This summer he has signed 16 players and still wants more. One minute he states he wants experience and the next he is bringing in a host of under 23 players. He needed to start the season with a small but decent squad as he could with his budget but instead I believe at present we have over 30 with others to follow. Despite all the signings made he wants more so this means the ones he has already brought in are not good enough. Did he do his homework on them or were they gambles? Seems like the latter and not exactly encouraging.

Of course our chairman has to take responsibility to because I think we can see that the "competitive" budget that Brown says he has is not "competitive" by the looks of things.

So what happens if Brown goes? Well for a start if he goes after August then a new manager has to work with that squad; warts and all. Who would our beloved chairman go for to replace Brown? Chris Morgan probably or maybe Tom Pope as player/manager? No chance of an experienced manager coming in as the chairman won't spend his money.

So a complete mess and where we would go if we lose to those non-world beaters Crwho, f*** knows.

I said when Pope left that we had had the best of him but I think the way he is being played at the moment would make Alan Shearer at his best look like he was past it. He is trying to lead a line of one with no one anywhere near him. He has never had pace so playing the ball behind the defence will be pointless but hoofing it up in the air to him when he is usually up against two defenders and has no support is an equally pointless exercise. His best moments in the game yesterday were in the last 10-15 minutes when he actually had some Vale players in the same hemisphere

I can see how this will play out. Pope won't be half the player he was in 2013 and when he doesn't perform he won't get the blame it will be blamed on him not getting service....

I said this at the end of May and it's happening already. Poor signing but because he was excellent for us 5 years ago he will not take any blame.

The problem with Brown was that he inherited a mess of Smurf's making and was given a job which should have been handed to a bloke with managerial experience in the circumstances. Smurf had already given him a contract beyond last season and said Brown would be here "in some capacity" this season. So if you appoint anyone else Brown is still there in the background. Crazy, crazy situation.

I said this at the end of May and it's happening already. Poor signing but because he was excellent for us 5 years ago he will not take any blame.

He was decent for us two years ago at a higher level. He is not the player he was in the promotion season but he is still worth a go at this level if we use him properly.

There was some booing at the Wycombe game....the first home game! It's a bizarre development in the attitude of the modern football "customer". I wondered what the young players made of that. What exactly is it supposed to achieve during a game?
If the young lads can't take a bit of booing then they'll never have a career in professional football. It's not as though they were being singled out for booing.

Should build a but of character. Something which by the sound of things, we're really lacking.

Sent from my CUBOT ECHO using Tapatalk

If Pope is 1% the players he was in 2013 he'll be a million times better than JJ or Cicilia.

How do you know he isn't fit, having watched all 3 games (apart from 1st half yesterday) he's running around and putting a shift in, he gave away a foul yesterday in the 2nd half on the edge of vale's box, he wouldn't be on the edge of the Vale's box if he wasn't fit.

Pope was unlucky with the header yesterday in the 2nd half, he was being mauled by the Chesterfield defender but still made contact, their keeper did well to keep it out.

Archived