onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brown Out

Advert

Forrester wasn't Browns signing.

Hornby, Yates etc will be on peanuts.

If you think our budget is great then you're naive.

We've shopped in poundland and loaned a load of kids and promoted the likes of Reeves and Turner to the first team.

Apart from Pope and Kay, I dare say there isn't another player on ovf 1k a week and most are probably nearer the 4-500 quid region.

even so they are getting paid for a job and doing badly pope was brought back to sell season tickets

Brown out. He will put pope and yates in charge sunday lge managers.

Mm think that is exactly what I said three months ago with some idiot saying we could not possibly get relegated and even offering to bet me serious money.

Many are starting to wake up WE ARE HEADING OUT OF THE LEAGUE.

Also who will take responsibility for sacking brown it won't be Smurf as he wants no part in the club and do you think garlick has the balls

I have paid my hard earned cash to Vale for my 2 season tickets But I am prepared to sit the remainder of this campaign at home as a protest against one of the most incompetent, clueless, frustrating managers we've had. Ok I certain agree Smurf is also culpable for allowing us to be an embarrassment but Brown last season showed he should never be a manager and has now continued to prove to us long suffering fans that he ain't up to the job. Some on here will say give him more time blah blah blah etc but my god if we allow him to steal a wage any longer we honestly will find ourselves in a fight to stay in League Football. Action has to be NOW no matter what financial cost that incurs because if we lose any more fans and continue the pathetic displays under Brown we will lose a damn sight more than the cost of a complete restart. I'm totally dissalusioned and frustrated at the way our great Club is spiralling down towards the sewer. My rant is from a die hard home and away fan not a knee jerk reaction from a casual supporter.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Dreadful game between two poor sides. We looked ok for the first 20 minutes in terms of possession and had lots of corners and several set pieces but, other than Smith, looked unlikely to score. The quality of the final ball or cross was poor and Popey got no service. Then Chesterfield got into the game and scored by cutting straight through us from the back to the front with three straight passes. The lad with the assist collected the ball, ran straight towards goal unchallenged, then played a pass in behind Smith for their lad to make a simple diagonal run and slot it into the far corner past Hornby. Kay was out of position, I don't know where Reeves was and the lad with the assist ran away from Tonge with ease. After that we had Pope up front and four at the back and then some other players on the pitch running about a bit having no impact on the game whatsoever. Midfield is shocking but I don't know if it's the personell or the lack of any clear formation or tactics that is the problem. I suspect it's a bit of both. We are desperate to replace Grant but we haven't. As usual, we've gone for quantities of poor players over quality, just as we have with Anwicks numerous replacements!

Was not there today but was at home last Saturday. 800 plus went today and 5000 last Sat.

Today was the most vocal I have seen the vale fans in demonstrating any disgruntlement.

At any other club they would have sung and protested for browns head months ago.

I predict a totally embarrassing hammering v crewe.

Will we give a low level boo at the end or do we go back to the fans I know and loved and at least show our feelings known.

We want browny out

We want browny out

Said we want browny we want browny we want browny out

Come on you know you can do it

In truth, everything was such a massive shambles last season that none of us really where Norman ended and where Brown started. As a result, Brown has spent the last 8 months or so having an extended free hit.

I feel like I've given him a very fair crack of the whip. More than fair, in fact. I didn't judge him too harshly on the second half of last season as I felt he'd inherited an awful situation, working under a crackpot chairman who'd been sold some magic beans.

Hoever, I've had a bit of time now to re-evaluate everything after the summer's transfer business and the first few performances this season, and he can't hide behind Norman for any of those things.

Will he be sacked? Probably not.

If he is, will things improve? Probably not.

Am I massively underwhelmed? Yes.

If I could, would I press the reset button on the whole summer and start again? Yes.

Archived