onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 3 - Winners and losers

Aussie Rules

A severe underestimation of Jeremy Corbyn and his potential popularity. It's not a victory for Labour but it puts them in a good position to attack at the next General Election, because after this shambolic future parliament the incumbents have no chance.

Precadent says otherwise..after the Conservative/Lib Dem coalition the Conservatives won outright next time

Terrible result for the Conservatives and for May personally. Comparatively excellent result and performance by Labour. SNP are now seemingly dead ducks with INDY2 off the table and no one wanting an alliance with them (although you never know). Conservatives will probably form alliances to form a working govt but I would not be surprised if there was a further election in a couple of months.UKIP vote collapsed and seems to have split across Labour and Conservatives.

I can't see May surviving as leader/PM because this calls her judgement into question, she doesn't have a mandate as PM having asked for one and her reputation in the EU will surely be badly damaged to the detriment of the UK

Said it after the EU referendum..the people of this country are amazing and have once again given the politicians of various hues a kick up the 'arris.

Advert

Labour have had the biggest increase in vote share since Attlee in 1945.

From where Jezza started this campaign, with the horrid and disgusting smear campaign relentlessly targeted at him by the right wing media, I think he had done excellent. Easily exceeded expectations. Couldn't be happier. May is a fool for calling an election, and it has backfired spectacularly.

Conservatives got a million more votes than Labour,more seats,bigger %,massive breakthrough in Scotland.Not all bad.

Give over. He massively exceeded all expectations. The highest number of labour votes since Blairs landslide victory. He started the campaign with a predicted 25% share of the vote and a Tory majority. All this from a man who we are constantly told is hopeless, unelectable and is not a leader.

blair won a landslide with less votes... jezza comes a poor second with more votes... the number of seats won is crucial the number of votes apparently not

Tory gains and losses

labour gains and losses

but no one wins

Precadent says otherwise..after the Conservative/Lib Dem coalition the Conservatives won outright next time

Terrible result for the Conservatives and for May personally. Comparatively excellent result and performance by Labour. SNP are now seemingly dead ducks with INDY2 off the table and no one wanting an alliance with them (although you never know). Conservatives will probably form alliances to form a working govt but I would not be surprised if there was a further election in a couple of months.UKIP vote collapsed and seems to have split across Labour and Conservatives.

I can't see May surviving as leader/PM because this calls her judgement into question, she doesn't have a mandate as PM having asked for one and her reputation in the EU will surely be badly damaged to the detriment of the UK

Said it after the EU referendum..the people of this country are amazing and have once again given the politicians of various hues a kick up the 'arris.

performance better... but result poor

Just don't see this coalition being the same as the last one, for the simple line of tory in-fighting. I think we'll see ourselves back at the polls before the end of the year when the tories break down.

I don't see how May survives this. An extraordinary miscalculation of the situation. I said when it was called it would be closer than everybody thinks. A few days back I said I'd be surprised if the majority moved more than 20 seats. There was no way it could be as big as they thought. May is not a campaigner, whereas Corbyn was superb.

Democracy alive and well this morning and fantastic that it seems young people went out and voted. Despite the shitstorm the country is in politically now, we're seeing engagement in politics not seen for a long time and that's great news.

blair won a landslide with less votes... jezza comes a poor second with more votes... the number of seats won is crucial the number of votes apparently not

Tory gains and losses

labour gains and losses

but no one wins

All at the expense of UKIP.

All the Tories had to do was cut foreign aid and fund tuition fees instead.That's where all Labour's votes have come from.

Think we will see a new type of Tory government. More willing to listen, up to a point, and not so confrontational. If they are in league with the DUP don't expect to see such a Hard Brexit. There is no way the Tories can go through with a leadership change, it would be to damaging to the Brexit process.

Think we will see a new type of Tory government. More willing to listen, up to a point, and not so confrontational. If they are in league with the DUP don't expect to see such a Hard Brexit. There is no way the Tories can go through with a leadership change, it would be to damaging to the Brexit process.

Totally agree. If the Conservatives form a coalition May will stay but think she will stand down once negotiations on Brexit is over. She obviously is not good at running a campaign, she was very arrogant in thinking she would easily win.

Well, that was a shock in many respects.

We still have to remember that the Tories are the largest party but May's arrogant gamble and lacklustre, personal abusive campaign, littered with ridiculous cliches, backfired big style and her judgement has to be very seriously questioned.

I think Cameron made a huge mistake and now she's done the same. There was no need to go the country, only the fact that she wanted a bigger majority. In some ways we were better off yesterday than we are now. She really is a prize idiot.

Well, that was a shock in many respects.

We still have to remember that the Tories are the largest party but May's arrogant gamble and lacklustre, personal abusive campaign, littered with ridiculous cliches, backfired big style and her judgement has to be very seriously questioned.

I think Cameron made a huge mistake and now she's done the same. There was no need to go the country, only the fact that she wanted a bigger majority. In some ways we were better off yesterday than we are now. She really is a prize idiot.

Even tho I didn't vote it gives me great pleasure to see the Maybot and Clegg plus those SNP IDIOTS get there's yesterday brilliant

Feel very very proud to be a member of the Labour Party today. Superb performance and a great springboard. 40% of the population said no to austerity, yes to increased investment in public services, decency and fairness. Upwards and onwards.

The foxes should be safe now, D@P!

I imagine that the many of you on here who mocked and sneered at Corbyn are feeling pretty ******* stupid today. Hopefully less smug about what a poor leader and how unelectable he is too.

Archived