onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 3 - Winners and losers

Aussie Rules

It definitely makes the next election interesting now it's closer. I said at the start that I wanted labour closer, because we won't get a great deal from brexit. When people finally realise they were lied to, they will punish the party who made the deal. The party who gave us brexit deserve that kick back. If labour got in, they would have been accused of being to soft in negotiations. This way, the tories have to live with consequences of their actions, can't push their agenda further to the right. And have no chance of allowing the torture of animals for fun. It also sends a message that the public want their public services better funded. Everything considered, it's a better outcome than I could have hoped for.

Advert

not to mention it should be the death of new labour and the chuka umunna's of this world have to realise that the way to power and changing things for the better can only be done by uniting behind the absolute boy

don't worry tories, this is the beginning, you'll ******* get yours

That would be the same New Labour who won 3 successive elections and won in 1997 on a 10% swing, winning 418 seats and scoring 43.2% of the popular vote. Tony Blair knew how to win, he turned Labour around. If it hasn't been for the massive mistake to go into Iraq, he would be hailed as one of Labour's finest Prime Ministers.

The Conservatives increased their vote share, increased their number of votes and had their best number of votes since 1979, yet still lost seats. Only 1% less than Labour in 1997 but 100 seats less.

IF Corbyn and the PLP can learn from the mistakes of the last couple of years, we have an absolutely brilliant chance of knocking the tories out on their arses for a generation at the next election. I am fully aware that we didn't win but it sure ******* feels like we did. Corbyn's vision for this country, plus the way that 40% of the electorate signed up to it, along with the highly encouraging turnout for the young means that we're in a really good place at the moment.

IF Corbyn and the PLP can learn from the mistakes of the last couple of years, we have an absolutely brilliant chance of knocking the tories out on their arses for a generation at the next election. I am fully aware that we didn't win but it sure ******* feels like we did. Corbyn's vision for this country, plus the way that 40% of the electorate signed up to it, along with the highly encouraging turnout for the young means that we're in a really good place at the moment.

Agreed, apparently Labour were leading the entire vote at 5pm yesterday, it was just a shame all the Tories finished worked and then had the chance to vote 😂

Just seen the front pages of all the main papers on TV - and they all slam may and say what a disaster it was for the Tories. It is only what you earlier called the ****** on here who would disagree.

Even the Sun and Express admit she's 'had her chips'. Hope there was some rare steak with them to tuck into back in that ********.

Agreed' date=' apparently Labour were leading the entire vote at 5pm yesterday, it was just a shame all the Tories finished worked and then had the chance to vote [/quote']

Do you know, I actually found that joke quite funny.....

when someone else posted it last night.

Is there anything sadder than someone posting a joke that was on here 24 hours ago, it was almost amusing then.

It's not stupid at all. I'm aware that we didn't actually 'win' but the braying fools on here who constantly posted about him having zero chance and how Labour faced a wipe out do look stupid today. 40% of the population turned up and voted for this 'unelectable' man. Unprecedented swing to Labour (from start of campaign) for this 'unelectable' man. 72% youth turnout for this 'unelectable' man. So, whilst it is TM who is off to speak to the Queen, it still feels apt to tell the likes of REP, Johnny Aitch and the assorted goons who were posting stupid tory songs to shove their slurs up their botties.

Love the 'assorted goons' but nor sure some deserve special mentions, sort of fits with tomorrows Mirror headline 'Coalition of crackpots'.

Talking of the goons, this video (yes, it's from The Guardian) is quite interesting as the journalist is basically saying that the country is split more by age than any geographical or class boundaries. I'm not sure if he can really glean that from visiting 2 constituencies but...

Reports saying May will go before the end of the year at latest, and another election to look forward to.

Brexit must be in doubt again now, some very important and senior people are beginning to sense that there is no longer a majority for it.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/donald-tusk-warns-of-no-deal-on-brexit-negotiations-as-hung-parliament-throws-uk-into-political-turmoil/ar-BBCl0Qw?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientphttp://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/donald-tusk-warns-of-no-deal-on-brexit-negotiations-as-hung-parliament-throws-uk-into-political-turmoil/ar-BBCl0Qw?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp

Despite a PM who showed poor strategy, performed very poorly and had a poor manifesto the Labour Party still lost heavily.. That's even though the Labour Party had some good policies.

I felt sort of desperate this morning but I feel better now. The situation will inhibit the worst aspects of the Tory manifesto. At least our Marxist friend McDonnell will not be Chancellor. The SNP have taken heavy blows and the country Scotland has been brought into Government at national level and with the DUP so has Northern Ireland.

May staying is in one way really annoying because she is arrogant, a poor communicator / robotic, doesn't seem to listen and lacks charisma. She was also hopeless at analysing the likely Labour manifesto and covering its strengths / exposing its weaknesses? She tried to dribble like Messi taking on the opposition single handed but instead kept falling over the ball.

But it is right she stay on because of Brexit time pressure - there is no choice in the situation. I hope the Cabinet influence is increased and her two advisors put more on the back burner.

If we can get through Brexit in 2019 she can then be replaced with new blood. In the next election the rotten boroughs favouring Labour will be rebalanced and one will have to see if the leadership are still running the party from the old peoples home. Or will a new loon emerge?

That's the post of the thread Warren and pretty much sums up my views on the day.

Feel very very proud to be a member of the Labour Party today. Superb performance and a great springboard. 40% of the population said no to austerity, yes to increased investment in public services, decency and fairness. Upwards and onwards.

The foxes should be safe now, D@P!

I imagine that the many of you on here who mocked and sneered at Corbyn are feeling pretty ******* stupid today. Hopefully less smug about what a poor leader and how unelectable he is too.

Did he get elected in your mind?

THIS IS CUT AND PASTED AND I AM NOT CLAIMING THESE WORDS AS MY OWN. OK?!

The DUP:

Jim Wells - Health Minister. Said kids with gay parents more likely to be abused. Said foetuses the 'ultimate victim' in rape pregnancies.

Ian Paisley Jr. - Described being 'repulsed' by homosexuals. Claimed over £1million in expenses over five years.

Jim Shannon - Claimed most expenses of any MP in Westminster in 2015: £205,798, excluding travel costs.

Emma Pengelly - Daughter of a convicted loyalist terrorist. Voted against equal marriage and opposes extending the Abortion Act to NI.

Iris Robinson - Had an affair with a man she knew since he was 9 years old and was ' a mother to'. Procured £50k in loans for him.

Peter Robinson - Defended preacher who described Islam as the 'spawn of Satan'. Said he'd trust a Muslim 'to go to the shops for him'.

Paul Givan - Supports business right to discriminate against gays on religious grounds. Brought motion to get creationism taught as science.

Gregory Campbell - Openly mocked the Irish language in NI Assembly. Supports bringing back the death penalty. Jokes about hunger strikers.

Sammy Wilson - Agreed with man who said 'get the ethnics out'. Openly stated climate change is a myth while he was environmental minister.

Edwin Poots - Believes Earth is 6000 yrs old. Wanted to extend the gay blood donation ban to people who have sex "with somebody in Africa".

Paul Girvan - Said that all scrap metal dealers should be armed with guns to protect themselves from "gypsies".

Tom Buchanan - Told a room full of children that homosexuality is 'an abomination'. Opposes gay adoption and gay blood donation.

Mervyn Storey - Young earth creationist, wants intelligent design taught in schools. Opposed Ulster Museum exhibit on evolution.

Nigel Dodds - Attended funeral of UVF commander John Bingham: A man responsible for illegally smuggling arms to loyalist forces from Canada.

Arlene Foster - Leader of the DUP. Oversaw the RHI scandal which indebted the NI economy to £500m over next 20 years. The RHI scandal led to calls for Foster to resign as First Minister, which she said were from 'misogynists and chauvinists'. The RHI scandal led to the resignation of Martin McGuinness, the collapse of the NI Executive, and no unionist majority in the NI Assembly."

What was it? Coalition of chaos? Terrorist sympathisers?

Archived