onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 3 - Winners and losers

Aussie Rules

Feel very very proud to be a member of the Labour Party today. Superb performance and a great springboard. 40% of the population said no to austerity, yes to increased investment in public services, decency and fairness. Upwards and onwards.

The foxes should be safe now, D@P!

I imagine that the many of you on here who mocked and sneered at Corbyn are feeling pretty ******* stupid today. Hopefully less smug about what a poor leader and how unelectable he is too.

Yep I'm feeling quite stupid, congrats on the win labour.

Tories can try again in 5 years.

Advert

Feel very very proud to be a member of the Labour Party today. Superb performance and a great springboard. 40% of the population said no to austerity, yes to increased investment in public services, decency and fairness. Upwards and onwards.

The foxes should be safe now, D@P!

I imagine that the many of you on here who mocked and sneered at Corbyn are feeling pretty ******* stupid today. Hopefully less smug about what a poor leader and how unelectable he is too.

Since he wasn't elected, that last sentence is pretty ******* stupid, especially as you are trying to be smug after he lost. He gained ground no doubt, but now is not the time to try and score points as it isn't him off to see the Queen today.

Since he wasn't elected, that last sentence is pretty ******* stupid, especially as you are trying to be smug after he lost. He gained ground no doubt, but now is not the time to try and score points as it isn't him off to see the Queen today.

It's not stupid at all. I'm aware that we didn't actually 'win' but the braying fools on here who constantly posted about him having zero chance and how Labour faced a wipe out do look stupid today. 40% of the population turned up and voted for this 'unelectable' man. Unprecedented swing to Labour (from start of campaign) for this 'unelectable' man. 72% youth turnout for this 'unelectable' man. So, whilst it is TM who is off to speak to the Queen, it still feels apt to tell the likes of REP, Johnny Aitch and the assorted goons who were posting stupid tory songs to shove their slurs up their botties.

It's not stupid at all. I'm aware that we didn't actually 'win' but the braying fools on here who constantly posted about him having zero chance and how Labour faced a wipe out do look stupid today. 40% of the population turned up and voted for this 'unelectable' man. Unprecedented swing to Labour (from start of campaign) for this 'unelectable' man. 72% youth turnout for this 'unelectable' man. So, whilst it is TM who is off to speak to the Queen, it still feels apt to tell the likes of REP, Johnny Aitch and the assorted goons who were posting stupid tory songs to shove their slurs up their botties.

I didn't post any Tory songs, stupid or otherwise. As I have already said Labour has had a comparatively excellent result.,,but only comparatively.

As I did a few days back with regard to this election, I will now keep my powder dry until the post election picture becomes clearer..nothing else to add until then

Theresa May got 44% of the vote.More than David Cameron did and as many as Maggie got in '83.

But I'll concede it's pretty clear whose won the election,according to some.

#heidiallenishot

Second is the new winner these days.Here's a stat for you,Jezza managed to get just three more seats than the 'Pension Thief' got in 2010 when the last coalition was formed.

All the crowing in the world won't change the fact the man you keep ironically calling "unelectable", in reality wasn't elected. That's like losing a game of pool by six balls and celebrating because it wasn't all seven- loser talk is what it is, grow up

Most sensible post I've seen you post...ever

Second is the new winner these days.Here's a stat for you,Jezza managed to get just three more seats than the 'Pension Thief' got in 2010 when the last coalition was formed.

I'm not having that mate.Jez says he's won,good enough for me Tony.

They're changing guards at Buckingham Palace

Jezza Corbyn went down with Diane (ooerr matron)

A face looked out,but it wasn't the Queen's

It's one of the guards shouting **** off Jezza

Said Diane

May has lost her gamble(pretty badly) but not the election. As said her complacent campaign has cost her and Corbyn's enticement of the young vote which fair play he's done well with attracting.

The strange thing is both main parties increased their vote(says a lot for other parties doesn't it!) and yet we are in a slight limbo situation. The problem for the Tories was they increased their vote in areas where Labour's majorities were always likely to be too much to overturn in most cases(i.e. North East area seats) and forgot to shut the back door on some of their own marginals in the south!

Hopefully she'll do a deal with the DUP for a majority and we can get on with Brexit!

Labour won in the major cities. Votes by the young and Muslims won it for them in these places. Maybe the Conservatives need to look at doing more for these groups or do they concentrate on getting back the voters who have always backed them.

Archived