onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 3 - Winners and losers

Aussie Rules

Advert

I think corbyn ran an excellent campaign hence why he's gained so many seats and so many younger voters. May on the other hand has ran one of the worst campaigns possible. Far too arrogant for her own good. Over the moon she couldn't get majority, bit of a laughing stock in truth.

Labour have had the biggest increase in vote share since Attlee in 1945.

From where Jezza started this campaign, with the horrid and disgusting smear campaign relentlessly targeted at him by the right wing media, I think he had done excellent. Easily exceeded expectations. Couldn't be happier. May is a fool for calling an election, and it has backfired spectacularly.

May ran an awful campaign, targeting Labour areas when she couldn't hang on to a lot of what was safe seats. I see more have moved over to Conservative in North Staffordshire, with Labour clinging on to 2 seats by less than 40 votes, with 1 seat changing over for both parties, very close up there now.

Labour have had the biggest increase in vote share since Attlee in 1945.

From where Jezza started this campaign, with the horrid and disgusting smear campaign relentlessly targeted at him by the right wing media, I think he had done excellent. Easily exceeded expectations. Couldn't be happier. May is a fool for calling an election, and it has backfired spectacularly.

Smear campaign from both sides as what elections have become nowadays.

I think May did the right thing by calling an election, it needed to be done some time and before Brexit negotiations is the right time but she stuffed up her election campaign.

I think corbyn ran an excellent campaign hence why he's gained so many seats and so many younger voters. May on the other hand has ran one of the worst campaigns possible. Far too arrogant for her own good. Over the moon she couldn't get majority, bit of a laughing stock in truth.

He hasnt gained "so many" seats... young votes he has gained but he has made very little headway overall.

I agree the tory party had a crap campaign but given that jezza should have done a hell of a lot better... even with the lib dems and snp he cant get more than the tories?

I think he should have done better... and Im disappointed he didnt

He hasnt gained "so many" seats... young votes he has gained but he has made very little headway overall.

I agree the tory party had a crap campaign but given that jezza should have done a hell of a lot better... even with the lib dems and snp he cant get more than the tories?

I think he should have done better... and Im disappointed he didnt

Give over. He massively exceeded all expectations. The highest number of labour votes since Blairs landslide victory. He started the campaign with a predicted 25% share of the vote and a Tory majority. All this from a man who we are constantly told is hopeless, unelectable and is not a leader.

A severe underestimation of Jeremy Corbyn and his potential popularity. It's not a victory for Labour but it puts them in a good position to attack at the next General Election, because after this shambolic future parliament the incumbents have no chance.

Conservatives have lost their majority, unqualified disaster!

Labour are miles short of a majority, counting it as a success but still seem a way away from government.

Liberal Democrat, barely improved on their disastrous 2015 election.

SNP, lost huge number of their seats.

UKIP, maybe their last election, absolute waste of a vote.

Everybody loses. What a bizarre election!

Corbyn thinks they've been elected.McDonell agrees.Where's Diane's calculator when you need it?

How many seats do you think she cost them? If she had gone months ago, if New Labour MPs hadn't tried to overthrow Corbyn to leave him short of quality in the Shadow Cabinet, if the party had rallied behind Corbyn then I wonder how much better they will have done? Hopefully they will come together and becoem much stronger for the following election... maybe even later this year? Will the Tories knife Theresa? Couldn't blame them if they did. She has lost their mandate in the pursuit of her own!

Which brings the number needed down to 319, 5 more than the Conservatives achieved. To think the Conservatives get over 50 seats more than Labour yet Corbyn could become prime minister on these results. We do have a crazy way of doing things, what would happen if the Liberals started getting 50-100 seats? We will never have a majority.
Merkel always rules by coalition, no need for dictators.

Conservatives have lost their majority, unqualified disaster!

Labour are miles short of a majority, counting it as a success but still seem a way away from government.

Liberal Democrat, barely improved on their disastrous 2015 election.

SNP, lost huge number of their seats.

UKIP, maybe their last election, absolute waste of a vote.

Everybody loses. What a bizarre election!

With French, German and probably Italian elections to come before October, cant see Brexit getting anywhere.

Archived