onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Prices/Sales

So, although the poster got the attendance wrong,he was right that it was a failure - at least financially.(larger crowd could have helped them to win valuable play off points? - not that they needed help against us!) Your figures would indicate a crowd of say 2800 at normal prices? ST holders, what 1800? Guessing obviously but that leaves 1000 paying - say £20k income. 4400 less 1800 at £1 is £3k income - £17k less. Yes theres a bit more catering etc but financially it was a failure surely.

Its worth trying things as Smithie has said, but we have tried this sort of thing in the past (£5 on a Friday when we had to move - was hopeless.)

Not all success is measured in immediate pounds and pence. The aim of these offers is to showcase what's on offer. If lapsed or new fans go on to attend more games and/or buy a season ticket then it is far from a failure. Such promotions also portray the club very favourably within the community as they make attending football very affordable even if only occasionally.

Advert

So, although the poster got the attendance wrong,he was right that it was a failure - at least financially.(larger crowd could have helped them to win valuable play off points? - not that they needed help against us!) Your figures would indicate a crowd of say 2800 at normal prices? ST holders, what 1800? Guessing obviously but that leaves 1000 paying - say £20k income. 4400 less 1800 at £1 is £3k income - £17k less. Yes theres a bit more catering etc but financially it was a failure surely.

Its worth trying things as Smithie has said, but we have tried this sort of thing in the past (£5 on a Friday when we had to move - was hopeless.)

The point of special offers is not immediate financial game, it is to increase business share, in the hope of future gain. Football can have different angles, cheap admission can attract new or lapsed fans, boost a gate for a big promotion game which if successful can boost STs in the higher league. The main thing is to market it properly though.

I'm sure there is people in the same boat as me. I was going to get my season ticket last weekend in may. They then extended the offer and shut the ticket office on the last Saturday in May. so I will keep the money in my account a bit longer and will get the season tickets at the end of June.

keep the money in my account a bit longer

I'm sure there is people in the same boat as me. I was going to get my season ticket last weekend in may. They then extended the offer and shut the ticket office on the last Saturday in May. so I will keep the money in my account a bit longer and will get the season tickets at the end of June.

keep the money in my account a bit longer

They didn't shut the ticket office on the last Saturday in May, although the official announcement said they were going to!

Just read on the Sentinel that we have sold 2100 ST's now. That's more than i was expecting at this point with the deadline extended - need a couple of signings or re-signings now to encourage fans. Still well down on last year. Would that have included the Flex 10 sales, Xmas half's etc does anyone know? Some of the points that Smithie posted previously wouldn't go amiss either!!

Spot on.Come on Browny,let's get a few signings in the bag to encourage ST's over the 3,000 mark.

Spot on.Come on Browny,let's get a few signings in the bag to encourage ST's over the 3,000 mark.

When u consider our attendances last season in league one were about 4000 home support to sell 2100 is in the main excellent .

They need to find a way to appeal to the wider public .

Why not send letters out to the 2100 loyal say a thank u that because they have committed to the cause they can bring any random people as many as possible for any game at a reduced price .

Or they can buy another season ticket for say 200 quid for a friend who hasnt got the means but wants to go ,then that person if unemployed ,poorly or had lots of ill fortune can pay him off a few quid a month etc .

To sell 2100 just shows loyal Vale r

Theres a lot who werent renewing but the extra month has changed a lot of minds has that gives them time to put extra in at work .

Just think how many we would sell if the Smurf out ( rightly so ) come back .

We could hit 4000 if synthetics were in charge then its attractive matchday pricing ,renovation maybe take half seats out bycars and have a standing area where its cheap as .

Utv the fact they have sold over 2000 has convinced me get one even if i dont go has part of me thinks whats the point of shouting my heart out for players who just havent got it and never will ( last seasons diabolical suicide squad ) have it .

But i love Vale so i have to give them my money as i want the club flourish and move forwards ,not that they will but id like to think we could get a very very wealthy owner who has the insight and money the cherries folk had ( Bournemouth ).

200 of them turned up at Vale trying save there club years ago look at them now on small gates ( premiership terms).

They won 3-1 look at them now .

Vale players need grow some .

Not all success is measured in immediate pounds and pence. The aim of these offers is to showcase what's on offer. If lapsed or new fans go on to attend more games and/or buy a season ticket then it is far from a failure. Such promotions also portray the club very favourably within the community as they make attending football very affordable even if only occasionally.

Spot on Smithie.You have to have continual effort to promote and push the club to see a steady increase and get a return on the financial investment over a long period. One hit special would never be an instant financial success. If all companies adopted an approach where promotion did not make an immediate return on investment then there would be no marketing...ever!

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Attendance is going be below 3000 next season

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

For some games, yes. We'll struggle to top 4k for many games.

Which makes it all the worse that we have ************** within the club who don't give a toss how many season tickets we sell.

When I renewed my ticket, I asked what promotion of renewals had been done. The Ticket Office manager(?) told me quite defiantly that A4 posters were put up by the turnstiles at the last two home games. When I queried how many people would bother looking at something like that on a match day, the response was a shrug of the shoulders.

I came out wishing I hadn't renewed because they really don't deserve anyone's hard earned dough.

Has anyone any news of how the sales of S/T's are doing?

Have the signings of all the old and new players made a massive increase in sales of S/T's?

Sold 2100 up to about two weeks ago which is incredible considering we have Pope Pugh and loads of young pros most of them hardly going be ready for the rough and tumble of league two .

So i think its staggering the loyalty of them who have brought theres .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived