onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Prices/Sales

Rochdales £1 game was an unmitigated failure with a crowd of less tha 4,000 for a team who were going for a play off place.

What's your point though? My point is, they tried and will no doubt try again. We don't. Ever.

Advert

We've dropped the price of STs I believe smithie.:yes:

Yep, I know that. I've renewed.

You only need to scan through the last few posts to see the club has failed to contact people who've yet to renew.

Shouldn't be too difficult should it? You know, with free emails and/or texts. Just a crazy thought.

From a business point of view neither emails nor texts are actually free to the overall costs. You have to have an ISP plus IT equipment to send emails, plus pay someones hourly rate plus overheads to type the email, as well as draft it. To send texts you have to have a mobile phone and some kind of monthly contract to enable you to send texts. The same employee overheads and considerations also apply.

From a business point of view neither emails nor texts are actually free to the overall costs. You have to have an ISP plus IT equipment to send emails, plus pay someones hourly rate plus overheads to type the email, as well as draft it. To send texts you have to have a mobile phone and some kind of monthly contract to enable you to send texts. The same employee overheads and considerations also apply.

It's certainly a lot cheaper than postage. The point is, once again there is no coherent marketing plan in place. How on earth can a professional football club continue to operate in such a shoddy way?

They have an email address so the probability is they have the equipment... paying one person to type one letter and send it to bulk email addresses would/should cost no more than 1 hours pay [thats being generous]and is a very cost effective way to communicate

Yep, I know that. I've renewed.

You only need to scan through the last few posts to see the club has failed to contact people who've yet to renew.

Shouldn't be too difficult should it? You know, with free emails and/or texts. Just a crazy thought.

Agreed, the marginal costs of including all 2016/17 ST on the Vale Newsletter distribution list must be worthwhile.

Agreed, the marginal costs of including all 2016/17 ST on the Vale Newsletter distribution list must be worthwhile.

Although the costs of using electronic correspondence is usefully cheaper than surface mail it is still more complicated than it looks. Using the Vale newsletter mailing list to invite season ticket holders to renew would look poor to recipients who didn't already have a season ticket. A season ticket holders email group is needed which would have to be collated, thus incurring costs for staff time. Once it was collated it still needs regular updates as people are added, removed, or change category.

Sent from my XT1072 using the onevalefan mobile app

Although the costs of using electronic correspondence is usefully cheaper than surface mail it is still more complicated than it looks. Using the Vale newsletter mailing list to invite season ticket holders to renew would look poor to recipients who didn't already have a season ticket. A season ticket holders email group is needed which would have to be collated, thus incurring costs for staff time. Once it was collated it still needs regular updates as people are added, removed, or change category.

Not if the leading article was suitably written, lots of businesses buy mailing and amend them as sales happen, modern sales/marketing techniques. Fit the work in when times are slack. Hopefully Garlick will put someone on it.

Surely something like that is absolutely standard procedure for any business above a one-man band type of operation. It really wouldn't take long to copy and paste email addresses onto a spreadsheet or document.

I would say it's unbelievable we don't have such procedures.....but having seen the calibre of personnel in the ticket office, I'm not surprised.

To be fair to the club some emails have been sent about renewals. I received one although I haven't had another to say the deadline had been extended despite not renewing.

I have to admit I did reply saying I will never set foot in Vale Park until the current owner does one..... I never got a reply nor did the chairman turn up at my door to outline the clubs plans!!

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

To be fair to the club some emails have been sent about renewals. I received one although I haven't had another to say the deadline had been extended despite not renewing.

I have to admit I did reply saying I will never set foot in Vale Park until the current owner does one..... I never got a reply nor did the chairman turn up at my door to outline the clubs plans!!

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

There are no plans and the place is run like a joke.

Rochdales £1 game was an unmitigated failure with a crowd of less tha 4,000 for a team who were going for a play off place.

The crowd was 4387 for a rearranged midweek game which was 1400 high than their previous home game on a Saturday and over a thousand more than their next home game against Coventry.

The crowd was 4387 for a rearranged midweek game which was 1400 high than their previous home game on a Saturday and over a thousand more than their next home game against Coventry.

So, although the poster got the attendance wrong,he was right that it was a failure - at least financially.(larger crowd could have helped them to win valuable play off points? - not that they needed help against us!) Your figures would indicate a crowd of say 2800 at normal prices? ST holders, what 1800? Guessing obviously but that leaves 1000 paying - say £20k income. 4400 less 1800 at £1 is £3k income - £17k less. Yes theres a bit more catering etc but financially it was a failure surely.

Its worth trying things as Smithie has said, but we have tried this sort of thing in the past (£5 on a Friday when we had to move - was hopeless.)

Just read on the Sentinel that we have sold 2100 ST's now. That's more than i was expecting at this point with the deadline extended - need a couple of signings or re-signings now to encourage fans. Still well down on last year. Would that have included the Flex 10 sales, Xmas half's etc does anyone know? Some of the points that Smithie posted previously wouldn't go amiss either!!

Just read on the Sentinel that we have sold 2100 ST's now. That's more than i was expecting at this point with the deadline extended - need a couple of signings or re-signings now to encourage fans. Still well down on last year. Would that have included the Flex 10 sales, Xmas half's etc does anyone know? Some of the points that Smithie posted previously wouldn't go amiss either!!

Considering there is the best of 2 months to go is it that well down on last season LS?

Archived