onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale deadline day discussion

robf

Advert

Not long to go.

If Grant goes we'll need a good defensive midfield player as well as a good goalie, so two headaches there for Brown straight away.

But I wonder if we might see even more departures and arrivals. An extra defender I would suggest. In addition, the first XI is beginning to look VERY thin on experience and know-how so I'd prefer to see 1-2 experienced lads arriving rather than youngsters. We can't afford to lose Grant & Taylor from the squad - and Brown himself looks like he's more or less hung up his boots.

It struck me tonight that there's only a couple of current first-teamers I can think of who have played more than about 30 games at this level. We must be concerned about that.

I don't envy the cards Brown has been dealt. He'll have his work cut out.

McGarry reckons it's going to be a busy day for us which makes a change from our normal January business.

I would like to see at least two experienced heads signed up tomorrow.

We are in a relegation battle, face a difficult run of fixtures and are just keeping our heads above water.

We ship goals for fun and have just lost our player of the season..... our goalkeeper.

The squad we have is poor. I don't envy Brown but I would like to see experience which could be valuable in keeping us up.

Today is going to be nail biting. Will we or wont we get our targets.

Normally it is quiet January - not this year.

Good luck to the staff at Vale and hope you get all your players you've ear marked. Can someone check the fax is working (if they still use one).

Not long to go.

If Grant goes we'll need a good defensive midfield player as well as a good goalie, so two headaches there for Brown straight away.

But I wonder if we might see even more departures and arrivals. An extra defender I would suggest. In addition, the first XI is beginning to look VERY thin on experience and know-how so I'd prefer to see 1-2 experienced lads arriving rather than youngsters. We can't afford to lose Grant & Taylor from the squad - and Brown himself looks like he's more or less hung up his boots.

It struck me tonight that there's only a couple of current first-teamers I can think of who have played more than about 30 games at this level. We must be concerned about that.

I don't envy the cards Brown has been dealt. He'll have his work cut out.

McGarry reckons it's going to be a busy day for us which makes a change from our normal January business.

Said the same yesterday about Grant. We don't have anyone who can do that job for me in the current squad. It needs a good experienced player there, not a fill in from the current squad.

I think we will need to see some more departures to free up more money on the wage bill. The problem is getting them out, but Brown seems to have done well so far to get rid of those Bruno signings under contract already.

I'm more excited for this deadline day. I think the end of the ridiculous 'emergency loan' signings has meant there are now genuinely two periods to strengthen, rather than how it has been.

Would imagine the defender can play full-back, as without Taylor we're looking a bit bare on that side now.

I would like to see at least two experienced heads signed up tomorrow.

We are in a relegation battle, face a difficult run of fixtures and are just keeping our heads above water.

We ship goals for fun and have just lost our player of the season..... our goalkeeper.

The squad we have is poor. I don't envy Brown but I would like to see experience which could be valuable in keeping us up.

Is the squad we have poor though pal? On paper, and I know that doesn't mean everything at the end of the day, I think we're looking alright and should be higher up the league myself. Obviously it depends on one or two things such as everyone being available, and I've not included Grant as I think he'll be gone come midnight.

Williams (if rumours prove to be correct)

Purkiss

Smith

Streete

Tanser

Thomas

Foley

Guy

Shodipo

Walker

Hooper

Subs:

Boot

Knops

Amoros

De Freitas

Eagles

Forrester

Cicilia

That looks absolutely fine to me. We're still a full-back short and a replacement for Grant would be nice, but that's a better starting 11 and subs bench than we've had at any point of this season, including the first 6 weeks or so when we looked capable of upsetting the apple cart in regards where we would finish and where many predicted us to finish.

I'm excited about that side going forward under a hopefully competent and decent manager.

Archived