onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale deadline day discussion

robf

vale twitter

The front page of OVF :wink:

p.s. there are no embargoes on the latest signings so I'm very much putting them on OVF when the press releases appear in my in-box. So, I have no advance warning of when a signing is set to be announced.

Cheers, at work so keep flicking on & off these threads for updates haha.

Well, could be good, but another unproven youngster. Walker & Guy have been good so far, but I do feel like we need some more experience.

Advert

I'm still insisting that we need more experience and know how and grit in the team, particularly if Grant goes.

We don't have a leader in the back four in my view and if Grant & Taylor depart we are left with a very young and lightweight midfield in which hardly anyone is know for a tackle or their heading ability.

Fingers crossed we can find at least one gnarled pro before 11.00.

This must be a record number of signings in one season, surely?

I would agree. I'd like to see an experienced keeper or centre half come in to help organise.

I know its not really Vale deadline day gossip anymore, but Mac-Intosh has joined Almere City FC in the Dutch second division

I do actually feel a bit for some of the foreigners. Bruno promised them so much, moved away from their families and in truth they never stood a chance and weren't good enough. At least he's found somewhere.

Fair comment.

I don't think we fully realise how fast and physical the game is at our level, unless you are standing next to the touchline. Sitting in the stands 30-40 metres away at Vale Park it's often hard to appreciate the pace of the game and the lack of time players get on the ball. Everyone now is super fit and runs hard for 90 minutes.

We get lots of comments on here about how poor the league is etc. etc. but it's very very tough.

I watched the Rochdale game from very close quarters at the weekend and was half closing my eyes at the physicality of some of the challenges. For about half an hour it was like world war three with no quarter asked and a series of crunching tackles at 90 mph.

I do actually feel a bit for some of the foreigners. Bruno promised them so much, moved away from their families and in truth they never stood a chance and weren't good enough. At least he's found somewhere.

Completely, Its not there fault they weren't good enough. Bruno scouting network clearly wasn't up to scratch and these lads ended up being promised English football. I hope they all go on and find clubs at thier level and have good careers.

Not long to go.

If Grant goes we'll need a good defensive midfield player as well as a good goalie, so two headaches there for Brown straight away.

But I wonder if we might see even more departures and arrivals. An extra defender I would suggest. In addition, the first XI is beginning to look VERY thin on experience and know-how so I'd prefer to see 1-2 experienced lads arriving rather than youngsters. We can't afford to lose Grant & Taylor from the squad - and Brown himself looks like he's more or less hung up his boots.

It struck me tonight that there's only a couple of current first-teamers I can think of who have played more than about 30 games at this level. We must be concerned about that.

I don't envy the cards Brown has been dealt. He'll have his work cut out.

McGarry reckons it's going to be a busy day for us which makes a change from our normal January business.

I have mixed feelings Bon'Ami - more positive than otherwise: I'm not that concerned that young Grant wants away because I believe serendipity is giving MB a fillip opportunity to get the successful team he, Smurf and most of us have been crying out for :smile:

Fair comment.

I don't think we fully realise how fast and physical the game is at our level, unless you are standing next to the touchline. Sitting in the stands 30-40 metres away at Vale Park it's often hard to appreciate the pace of the game and the lack of time players get on the ball. Everyone now is super fit and runs hard for 90 minutes.

We get lots of comments on here about how poor the league is etc. etc. but it's very very tough.

I watched the Rochdale game from very close quarters at the weekend and was half closing my eyes at the physicality of some of the challenges. For about half an hour it was like world war three with no quarter asked and a series of crunching tackles at 90 mph.

Thank God. Give it a decade or less and football will be virtually a non-contact sport in my opinion.

Football owner in truth and lies shocker...

Monday evening: Peterborough owner Darragh McAnthony says the club won't sign anyone on deadline day (thus seemingly ruling out a move for Anthony Grant)

Tuesday morning: Peterborough announce the signing of Craig Makail-Smith

I therefore wouldn't exactly trust those comments from McAnthony....

Football owner in truth and lies shocker...

Monday evening: Peterborough owner Darragh McAnthony says the club won't sign anyone on deadline day (thus seemingly ruling out a move for Anthony Grant)

Tuesday morning: Peterborough announce the signing of Craig Makail-Smith

I therefore wouldn't exactly trust those comments from McAnthony....

Haha just seen you've posted the same thing!

Great minds! :laugh:

Archived